~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Thanks. I’ll look into it. I didn’t set this account up with E*TRADE. The original account was with ING Sharebuilder. It then got sold to Capital One, who then sold it to E*TRADE. 

Ha, same!

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If these events don't drive the final stake through the heart of the thoroughly discredited "efficient markets hypothesis", then nothing bloody well will.

Yah.

Professional traders:

Internet shitposters:

spacer.png

...and it’s the *traders* who go bankrupt.

The EMH is officially the first popular economic theory to be destroyed by reddit.  L-O-L.

I’m unsure who here watched Linus WAN show today but he is going to be buying (to hold) $50k of GameStop (it will probably happen Monday morning). It was quite entertaining to watch (he was doing a 5x match to super chat donations and it hit 10k).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Komusha said:

So as a stock noob, from what I understand buy in AMC for now.

But it's too late to buy stock in GameStop? Do I have this correct?

I don’t think it’s “too late” for GME, but, the price of admission is really high now. I really don’t know how much is left in the tank for it. NOK might be dead in the water. I’d say AMC is gonna at least get into the mid-$20s or even low-$30s given the persistence of these people to make it GME-2.0, I don’t know if I believe the $50-100+ people are pushing for, though. 
*Keep in mind I’m also new to this and this is based upon all of the research I’ve been burying myself in for the past 72-hours :p 

**wait for @Commodore D, @Jason, @ManUtdRedDevils, @sblfilmsto really chime in

• Thanks 1

IMO GME is just too big now. Even with another short squeeze too many people will sell before it blasts off. I think 500 is about the max it will go. Hedge funds are still gonna get fuckin rekt though which might temporarily tank the market as they have to liquidate their portfolios to pay for their shorts.

2 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

IMO GME is just too big now. Even with another short squeeze too many people will sell before it blasts off. I think 500 is about the max it will go. Hedge funds are still gonna get fuckin rekt though which might temporarily tank the market as they have to liquidate their portfolios to pay for their shorts.

Nope. Theres no "another short squeeze", the squeeze just started friday, thats why hedge fund bros and cnbc want you to sell.

17 hours ago, vaxick said:

From what I've heard, RH isn't even processing new accounts right now.  I went with SoFi since they apparently didn't join in the blocking of these stocks which is a plus for me and they seemed friendly enough to somebody who has no idea what they're doing right now.

Sofi seems a little slow in adding money to my account.  Been an hour since I've transferred from my checking, but it's not through yet.

Lol i love watching rich people cry on cnbc.

Just heard them complain how hedgefunds needing to cover their shorts will sell stocks that hurt mom and pop! Good, maybe mom and pop will open their fucking eyes to billionaires raping the market while generously giving them 3-4% per year.

Burn it all down. Make it fair for everyone or let it tumble. 

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Nope. Theres no "another short squeeze", the squeeze just started friday, thats why hedge fund bros and cnbc want you to sell.

Its important to understand we actually have no way to know this. Short numbers are not known live, and the trading volume on GME has been massive which certainly gave a lot of opportunity for major shorts to cover all or a majority of their short positions. There are certainly reasons to believe there is still some significant short action on GME, but it’s a bad idea to assume there definitely is a lot still out there.

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Its important to understand we actually have no way to know this. Short numbers are not known live, and the trading volume on GME has been massive which certainly gave a lot of opportunity for major shorts to cover all or a majority of their short positions. There are certainly reasons to believe there is still some significant short action on GME, but it’s a bad idea to assume there definitely is a lot still out there.

Oh, im stating an opinion, not buying advice. But as of friday morning there was 121% shorted being reported.

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

Oh, im stating an opinion, not buying advice. But as of friday morning there was 121% shorted being reported.

That is old info because they don’t give real time info on shorts, it’s only updated a couple times a month and hasn’t been updated since GME began to climb. We literally have no idea what the ratio of shorts to float is as of today. Could still be high, might be close to zero. That’s why the risk grows each day to jump in, not just because the price is high but because the short positions absolutely have decreased (that’s why the price has gone up, shorts have been buying to cover this week) and we have no information on how much there remains to squeeze.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

That is old info because they don’t give real time info on shorts, it’s only updated a couple times a month and hasn’t been updated since GME began to climb. We literally have no idea what the ratio of shorts to float is as of today. Could still be high, might be close to zero. That’s why the risk grows each day to jump in, not just because the price is high but because the short positions absolutely have decreased (that’s why the price has gone up, shorts have been buying to cover this week) and we have no information on how much there remains to squeeze.

Except people are reporting many hedge funds doubled down on shorts. But yes, we don't know for sure, but its definitely still high is the general consensus.

Regardless of the squeeze, this is one of the less ideal times to hop aboard gme from my limited understanding.  It went from single digits to $350 a share, that’s an obscene rise.  Even if the squeeze gets utterly epic and even if shares hit $1,000 which is crazy to think, you’re still not quite tripling your investment.  That’s still fantastic in the short term, but it’s not a 250x return like someone who got in at four bucks.

18 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

People smarter than you and I say no. No new shares have been made, millions of shares are outstanding.  

There is zero evidence the squeeze is over.

These words don’t mean what you seem to think they mean. 

Again, the last time we had an update on the ratio of float shorted was 1/15. That’s where the 121% comes from. Since then the trading volume way outstrips the numbers of shares in the public and the shorts could have completely covered and there is no way for us to know until the next update which should happen sometime Monday.

There is lots of evidence that major shorts have been covering, first and foremost the massive increase in share price is driven by shorts covering. That’s why hedge funds are reportedly taking losses in the billions right now and liquidating other positions to help finance covering their GME shorts.

Over or not, a large percentage of shorts have likely covered.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Also the massive drop in the regular stock market is a sign they are liquidating their other positions to cover.  

I think GME is relatively done. Thursday was a perfect fiasco for shorts to cover and take their losses. Any new shorts positions I can’t imagine will be short term. I guess maybe 25-35% before it runs out of steam. When it does, people will take profits and create a downward pressure. This is still GameStop. There will be no positive corporate news. 

AMC target price for me is $20-25 range. I don’t believe the stock will skyrocket like some predict but I have shares at $4 range so I can be patient and see what happens.  Due to the relatively low price ($13) I can see this become the more popular stock since people rather own 100 of a stock than 5 even though it makes no difference. I would take a flyer on this and hold it for a week to see what happens.

I also joined other 🚀.  Regardless how this ends, I did really well because of Reddit and shorts so I thank you all of your service. 

Outer Space Happy Dance GIF by NASA

As you can see in the above posts, I am a novice astronaut aiming for a moon. Who knows if I make it. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I think GME is relatively done. Thursday was a perfect fiasco for shorts to cover and take their losses. Any new shorts positions I can’t imagine will be short term. I guess maybe 25-35% before it runs out of steam. When it does, people will take profits and create a downward pressure. This is still GameStop. There will be no positive corporate news. 

AMC target price for me is $20-25 range. I don’t believe the stock will skyrocket like some predict but I have shares at $4 range so I can be patient and see what happens.  Due to the relatively low price ($13) I can see this become the more popular stock since people rather own 100 of a stock than 5 even though it makes no difference. I would take a flyer on this and hold it for a week to see what happens.

I also joined other 🚀.  Regardless how this ends, I did really well because of Reddit and shorts so I thank you all of your service. 

Outer Space Happy Dance GIF by NASA

As you can see in the above posts, I am a novice astronaut aiming for a moon. Who knows if I make it. 

$20-$25?! I thought we were going to the moon, bro. That’s not even Canada!