~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

16 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I don’t think it’s “too late” for GME, but, the price of admission is really high now. I really don’t know how much is left in the tank for it. NOK might be dead in the water. I’d say AMC is gonna at least get into the mid-$20s or even low-$30s given the persistence of these people to make it GME-2.0, I don’t know if I believe the $50-100+ people are pushing for, though. 
*Keep in mind I’m also new to this and this is based upon all of the research I’ve been burying myself in for the past 72-hours :p 

**wait for @Commodore D, @Jason, @ManUtdRedDevils, @sblfilmsto really chime in

I would do Nokia to play it safe, its priced decently at this level. Buy for the long haul if interested in getting in now. 

With that said, I am not a financial advisor, just dude that enjoys numbers.

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

This has some REALLY great analysis of what happened. Some dense terminology at times, but I think most could make it through and get a good appreciation for what all happened.

7 hours ago, Commodore D said:

I would do Nokia to play it safe, its priced decently at this level. Buy for the long haul if interested in getting in now. 

With that said, I am not a financial advisor, just dude that enjoys numbers.

You think NOK still has legs for the short? It kept dropping on Friday so I assumed it was dead.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

You think NOK still has legs for the short? It kept dropping on Friday so I assumed it was dead.

I'm thinking past these events. I'm talking about fundamentally it is priced about where it should be in a couple years. 

Just saying its a safer bet than most at its current levels.

51 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

I'm thinking past these events. I'm talking about fundamentally it is priced about where it should be in a couple years. 

Ah, gotcha. Most likely a better long term than Blackberry for sure :p 

46 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

If we're lucky enough to be in on AMC and make a return on it, where is a good place to go long? I've been putting my money in FCELL and PLUG and I like those, but do you have anything long term that you like that may be a little more ground level? 

9 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

If we're lucky enough to be in on AMC and make a return on it, where is a good place to go long? I've been putting my money in FCELL and PLUG and I like those, but do you have anything long term that you like that may be a little more ground level? 

Buy the dips in apple, MS, etc. The stable money. As billionaires pull their longs to pay losses, dips in truly valuable stocks will be available. Its kind of an artificial dip, because they have huge profits on the books, but people need to sell.

I wouldn't buy Tesla though.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

CCIV as long as the sale/merger happens seems like a good bet

• Like 1

I’m going long on FUBO. When it figures out how to incorporate live betting during its live sports streams, it will pop. It has gained a lot recently and is still heavily shorted so it’s short term performance may be iffy so I will be buying dips.

I think American Airlines will be a good stock again long term. But thats just a belief that when covid is truly done, people are going to want to fly and travel by the bucket loads. If any of them can innovate, I see big gains.

Also, never listen to me for financial advice. Ive been reading and researching this shit day in and day out for a week, writing notes and looking at company numbers that I had to watch about 10 videos while reading dozens of articles just to understand. 

My wife always just looked after it with low volatility stocks, set it and forget it (and literally 80% of our money is still there. I had no idea how fun just day trading is, but im the amateurist of the amateurs. Just educating myself fast with money im willing to use.

There is very good reason to believe AAPL dropped this week largely do to hedge funds liquidating to pay on their short covers. It's a mini stock sale on a lot of the market, which is really goofy to think about given how we got here.

56 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

Hmmm. CLII for its potential merger with EvGo. 

My real long in that industry is Enphase (ENPH), been in it since it was a bit over $6. I got into them after California made the mandate that all new construction has to have solar panels. They are in the business of making microinverters (DC to AC), which is the on of the largest margin businesses in the industry; they are also in the energy storage business, another high margin venture. Its down a good amount off its high.

I did my first option calls this past week, for GE and Ford, fairly cheap and I expect them to gain 50% to 75% in the next year (as long as everything doesn't crash). 

If the steel tariffs stay in place, Cleveland Cliffs is a good pick. In the past year they have made acquisitions that has produced a vertically integrated company, while also consolidating the market.

I could go on and on....

Really though, I'm a slow long growth kind of guy; I probably wont retire rich, but I'll be comfortable (currently my portfolio cost basis is ~$138k, and I'm about five or six fold of that in unrealized gains, but I've been investing since I was in my mid teens). I say that because my philosophy falls in line with the Hare and Turtle, don't try to get rich; so if you have decent wins, just put them in something like Microsoft.

Just going throw this out there, I keep a financial well being Onenote Notebook, called Investing with Friends, that I share with people. In it are my (and a younger friend's) notes, positions, some of the articles I read, things you should know about the market, ways to save money, etc... A bunch of people follow it, most just read, but anyone is welcome to put their notes down as well, or ask questions. Its a work in progress as I started it because Covid seemed to get a lot of people around more interested in financial freedom than they were before. If interested, shoot me a message with your email, and I'll add you. Like always, you could lose money.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cusideabelincoln said:

It finally approved, now my bank needs to stop being slow on money transfers because I'm going to the....

ouch april fools GIF

2 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Today is a good day. Got approved for webull and got my rower in.

Keep in mind Webull has a long settlement period for ACH transfer. They’ll give you a provisional credit but I think it’s maxed at $1k.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Uh... so... Blackberry might be a real and legitimate long term investment outside of a meme stonk. They’re developing software for EV... like, every major Tesla competitor.

I just read up on this and am still kinda surprised :p 

Car software is Blackberry's bread and butter now.  The platform Carplay and Android Auto run on use their software.