~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Also, GME gives a 9.9% dividend to investors every year, so, if you got in on them low enough, you wouldn’t necessarily be bat-shit-insane to keep a small amount on hand :p 

Nah, GameStop eliminated their dividend in 2019.

b439628ebc0067f5cc984571ec822dea
FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

The video game retailer disappointed investors with a surprise dividend cut, but what's management thinking?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

There is very good reason to believe AAPL dropped this week largely do to hedge funds liquidating to pay on their short covers. It's a mini stock sale on a lot of the market, which is really goofy to think about given how we got here.

Yep. I'm heavily invested in Apple and this past week was tough, especially with record earnings. Although the shares in have in GameStop from early January are helping to offset.

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

There is very good reason to believe AAPL dropped this week largely do to hedge funds liquidating to pay on their short covers. It's a mini stock sale on a lot of the market, which is really goofy to think about given how we got here.

I mean, they reported record profits, theres not many other possibilities.

21 minutes ago, vaxick said:

I need to note these companies down.  I'd like to put $100 or so into a long term stock to learn how this stuff works and see what I can earn over time before deciding to spend more.  

Just put in a small amount each month. You cant by enough diversity if you just buy 100 and never put any more. These big wins like gme happen exceedingly rarely.

58 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Yep. I'm heavily invested in Apple and this past week was tough, especially with record earnings. Although the shares in have in GameStop from early January are helping to offset.

Man, those apple shares aren't hurting anything. Billionaires got out some, more people will get in. Don't worry about them.

I wouldn't have Tesla at all right now though. Except in shorts. Thats falling apart at the seams.

23 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, they reported record profits, theres not many other possibilities.

The entire market has been sliding and there are lots of reasons for that. The mess with GME is just one possibility.

13 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Man, those apple shares aren't hurting anything. Billionaires got out some, more people will get in. Don't worry about them.

I wouldn't have Tesla at all right now though. Except in shorts. Thats falling apart at the seams.

I bought 8 shares of Tesla when it was around $380 and I'm considering getting out. However, even it does dip and rises again, I think my tax bill would offset the gains.

53 minutes ago, vaxick said:

I need to note these companies down.  I'd like to put $100 or so into a long term stock to learn how this stuff works and see what I can earn over time before deciding to spend more.  

If you're going into it for long-term gradual gains, I wouldn't drop money into one company. Pretty much every financial investment app out there has ways of doing things like index funds or bundles of some kind. Those are generally safer investments.

3 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Yeah don't touch it

I already have an old position that’s up 2.5x from 10 years ago. I’m not purchasing anymore, but it sure would be nice. 

Meanwhile: 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-31/silver-retail-sites-grind-to-halt-as-reddit-horde-moves-to-coins?srnd=premium

It looks like it’s catching on enough to trigger runs on retail physical. 

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Apple's stock price always seems to be much more driven by the weird whims of the financial industry than anything they were doing as a company. In the short term anyway.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I'm waking up 15 minutes before pre-market opens, getting really hyped up on caffeine, and will be prepped to make some bad decisions.

LETS DO IT TEAM

If you aren’t betting at least one drive thru, you ain’t trying hard

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I'm waking up 15 minutes before pre-market opens, getting really hyped up on caffeine, and will be prepped to make some bad decisions.

LETS DO IT TEAM

That's 4 AM here. :(

Is pre-market expected to go higher than daytime, or maybe pre-market limit order to sell at $1k...pr more?...hmm...