~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

10 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I'm not a financial expert or professional, but my take to follow.

The past week there has been a pretty large delta between the short interest reported by S3 and Ortex. However, as of today, their data is now closely aligned. And it's ... not great.

It seems like hedge funds are closing their shorts by about 7M-10M shares over the past few days, which seems reasonable with volume around 55M those days. At this rate, they would be able to close most positions by mid week, certainly be end of week.

And even if they don't entirely close their positions, both S3 and Ortex and have shorts between 34%-49% of the float, which isn't enough to cause some massive squeeze. It seems more and more likely that the "squeeze" happened Thursday morning when the stock hit $480 and shortly after brokerages restricted trading.

WWW.ORTEX.COM

GameStop Corp., GME - Live Short Interest changes, statistics and charts, Days To Cover (DTC), Cost To Borrow, Nasdaq and NYSE data as well as live Securities Lending data. See what stocks are on extreme levels and the most shorted stocks by sector and regions.

As I said previously, the price ramping up and the volume made was likely due to shorts buying to cover already.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

MGM has secured the rights to eventually make a movie based on a book that has yet to be written about these events that are still unfolding.

gamestop-getty-images-new-cropped-hed-12
COMICBOOK.COM

They say life comes at you fast but this is a case of the entertainment inspired by life coming [...]

Not to be outdone...

Mark.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

Netflix Near Deal On GameStop Stock Movie; Oscar Winner Mark Boal To Write, Noah Centineo To Star, Scott Galloway To Consult On Script

This is a separate movie from the one MGM is looking to make.

Just set up a td ameritrade. Waiting on some confirmation, they are going to move some capital out of our fidelity account, which the wife uses to invest in our retirement, and do any of our day trading separately. Td has a far more capable pc interface anyway. Fidelity doesn't like me buying and selling dips, even though the capital is available.

Itll give the wife and i something to play with together.

5 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Just set up a td ameritrade. Waiting on some confirmation, they are going to move some capital out of our fidelity account, which the wife uses to invest in our retirement, and do any of our day trading separately. Td has a far more capable pc interface anyway. Fidelity doesn't like me buying and selling dips, even though the capital is available.

Itll give the wife and i something to play with together.

Wow, even Fidelity are being dicks?

5 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I sold my AMC this morning at a slight loss from my purchase price. It just seems like it's running out of steam and I'm not going to be caught holding the bag. It was a fun ride though! Good luck to everyone.

I hope silver runs up to $50+

Silver is not hitting 50. Its never hit 50$, ever. I know neither has gme, but thats a bit different. Theres like a trillion in silver on the market and 16 million grams more reserve this year, when mining slowed more than ever.

I mean I hope it goes to 50$' but we were in at 10. This was a great time to get out for us, and move it to gold and apple.

48 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Silver is not hitting 50. Its never hit 50$, ever. I know neither has gme, but thats a bit different. Theres like a trillion in silver on the market and 16 million grams more reserve this year, when mining slowed more than ever.

I mean I hope it goes to 50$' but we were in at 10. This was a great time to get out for us, and move it to gold and apple.

Hoping and predicting are two different things. Silver hit $47 about 10 years ago. I doubt it will do so again, but I hope it does.

2 minutes ago, vaxick said:

SoFi still hasn't approved my account.  Doesn't sound like I missed much, but damn them, hurry up already.  

I’d just jump on CCIV, and also maybe on Apple before it climbs back up. Ford (F) and AMD could be good long term bets too. GME, AMC and all the other meme stonks are probably dead tbh.

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I’d just jump on CCIV, and also maybe on Apple before it climbs back up. Ford (F) and AMD could be good long term bets too. GME, AMC and all the other meme stonks are probably dead tbh.

Apple is only down $10 though?

4 hours ago, Massdriver said:

I sold my AMC this morning at a slight loss from my purchase price. It just seems like it's running out of steam and I'm not going to be caught holding the bag. It was a fun ride though! Good luck to everyone.

I hope silver runs up to $50+

AMC isn’t really in a position to gain steam until the next few days when the hedge funds have to start closing on their positions. 

I had some loose change left in my brokerage so I bought another share of AMC.  I also sold (pending) what I had on SLV, which looks like I profited around $20 on.  Once that money gets into my brokerage account I may reinvest it in AMC, depending on what happens in the next few days.