~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

42 minutes ago, Brick said:

How much money are you guys potentially making? 

Shit, we had tripled doge last time I looked hours ago. We've been buying more of it and amc, and when gme dropped too 220 today we bought a bunch more than that. We had 30k we in our retail portfolio (we also have other investments that are in 401k's, retirement and other funds we will never touch) that we are prepared to lose to see if we can pop big. We're about 24k into those funds. Just keeping a constant eye on them.

I ended up selling some AMC so now everything I make on it is profit. If it does dip to 11, I may buy some more. If it does something stupid and goes to like 5, I'll definitely buy more. But, I actually like the stock. Moreso now that they've been able to stave off bankruptcy. Once we re-open there is going to be a huge backlog of blockbusters. 

1 hour ago, osxmatt said:

Do you find Fidelity to be pretty user friendly, primarily with their options chain? And do they have features like instant deposits and settles?

They don't really "expire." Firms can choose to pay interest on them, but the longer they are out, the higher the interest. And there's always a risk the stock price will go up causing them to pay more when they buy back. 

Option wise, I've only ever done three in my almost 20 years of investing; and they were this week (call F 2022, call GE 2022, put GME 2022), so it looked fine for me. Don't know about instant deposits, I had money there since the beginning. They settle up fine as far as I've notice. 

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I’m using E*TRADE. With the real time reporting, it’s pretty easy to play around with the dips and peaks if you’re feeling saucy

I have E*TRADE and find the settlement slow which makes it hard to sell and reinvest quickly.  Merrill Lynch is trash. I really need a better platform for day trading. 

11 minutes ago, vaxick said:

SoFi just asked for me to send them a bank statement or utility bill.  I guess I might be trying stocks for the first time soon.  

Its happening across a lot of the apps. Had my RH that I never use (trying to buy DOGE, not on the platforms I use) asked, caught me off guard. 

6 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I just got payed today. Incredibly late to the party, but is it too late to get in on this stock craziness?

Unless you’re into aftermarket/pre-market you’d have to wait until Monday, I think. AMC is probably the one to watch, seems to drop a bit at opening then starts climbing back... Monday might be a different ball game, though.