~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Looks like Ameritrade and Schwab have taken a dump too. 

I haven't been able to get into my Schwab account for a week. I wasn't even trying to get in to do this stuff. I try resetting my password and it says it doesn't recognize anything. I tried calling them on Friday and the person who helped me said she couldn't get into her password reset thing. I'm currently on hold again.

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

I wish I put more money in, but I don't really got it like that. I can't risk losing thousands of dollars in volatile investments. $1000 is a big investment for me.

Always the right move to avoid playing with money you can't afford to lose. 

5 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Nah, just my rule of equity trading. When everyone is euphoric as hell, get out immediately.

Honestly, i like the gamble of buying dips and selling high, but no way id gamble everything like that. 

This has been far and away our best year for our portfolio, and its from a week of day trading. I just keep playing with the profits off each trade, putting the original capital back into stable stocks and metals, and 401k

Last week we were struggling, this week our future looks better than ever. I know this isn't the norm, but ill take it.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

You owe me hipster food if I ever make it out to Portland :p

Only the finest

WWW.LARDOSANDWICHES.COM

Rocking an ancient charcuterie moniker that truly serves as a harbinger of things to come, Lardo is a sandwich shop that worships at the altar of bovine & swine.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

Only the finest

WWW.LARDOSANDWICHES.COM

Rocking an ancient charcuterie moniker that truly serves as a harbinger of things to come, Lardo is a sandwich shop that worships at the altar of bovine & swine.

I only bought in at $109 by the way. Imagine my Spanish friend who was telling me about this stock pre-COVID (he bought in at around $5). He's literally going to retire at 30 because of this. Fucking incredible.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

MGM has secured the rights to eventually make a movie based on a book that has yet to be written about these events that are still unfolding.

gamestop-getty-images-new-cropped-hed-12
COMICBOOK.COM

They say life comes at you fast but this is a case of the entertainment inspired by life coming [...]

• Guillotine 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

MGM has secured the rights to eventually make a movie based on a book that has yet to be written about these events that are still unfolding.

gamestop-getty-images-new-cropped-hed-12
COMICBOOK.COM

They say life comes at you fast but this is a case of the entertainment inspired by life coming [...]

It'd be like a comedy version of The Big Short, why not

As long as this song is in the movie somewhere

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Only the finest

WWW.LARDOSANDWICHES.COM

I could eat their Banh Mi sandwich everyday.

I'm not a financial expert or professional, but my take to follow.

The past week there has been a pretty large delta between the short interest reported by S3 and Ortex. However, as of today, their data is now closely aligned. And it's ... not great.

It seems like hedge funds are closing their shorts by about 7M-10M shares over the past few days, which seems reasonable with volume around 55M those days. At this rate, they would be able to close most positions by mid week, certainly be end of week.

And even if they don't entirely close their positions, both S3 and Ortex have shorts between 34%-49% of the float, which isn't enough to cause some massive squeeze. It seems more and more likely that the "squeeze" happened Thursday morning when the stock hit $480 and shortly after brokerages restricted trading.

WWW.ORTEX.COM

GameStop Corp., GME - Live Short Interest changes, statistics and charts, Days To Cover (DTC), Cost To Borrow, Nasdaq and NYSE data as well as live Securities Lending data. See what stocks are on extreme levels and the most shorted stocks by sector and regions.