~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

I mean rates were well into the teens when I was a kid....but yea fuck that lol. Back then a home was a fraction of what it is today, and people don't have a family plan of cell phones, internet, 19 streaming subscriptions and $60,000 cars to have to fight for from empty dealer lots. 

Shits going to get worser before it gets better, but it's not all doom and gloom. You know once Trump loses the popular vote for a third time and is re-elected he's going to make gas cheap and supply chains work and get rates into the negative after a few tweets. 

18 minutes ago, Ominous said:

You know once Trump loses the popular vote for a third time and is re-elected he's going to make gas cheap and supply chains work and get rates into the negative after a few tweets. 

One correction: at the rate things are heading, he might legitimately win the popular vote this time.

• Sad 1
  • Sicko Sherman 3

12 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

One correction: at the rate things are heading, he might legitimately win the popular vote this time.

Baby Reaction GIF

Sadly this is true. 
Party in power bad...vote for other letter...ignore who is actually running and the track record on everything.

Shit most Americans think that Trump is why gas was under $2 when we were all staying home.....FFFUUUUCCCKKKKKKKK

1 hour ago, Ominous said:

Baby Reaction GIF

Sadly this is true. 
Party in power bad...vote for other letter...ignore who is actually running and the track record on everything.

Shit most Americans think that Trump is why gas was under $2 when we were all staying home.....FFFUUUUCCCKKKKKKKK

So this is how libery dies. With covfefe.

On 6/15/2022 at 4:30 PM, Massdriver said:

The market's reaction to  .75% started on Friday when the inflation report came out. The market going up a bit today is probably a technical algo bounce from oversold conditions coupled with a little relief it wasn't a 1% raise.

We won't know for awhile, but I also wouldn't be surprised if this is the market looking ahead and anticipating an oncoming episode of stagflation.

Labor recruiters I know say they smell a recession coming either in the near or medium-term future--usually that helps stem inflation, but because the current rise in the prices of consumer goods is being fueled by supply chain issues that don't respond to monetary policy channels very well, I don't know if it can be squashed by higher interest rates, higher unemployment and lower wages, like traditional inflationary episodes.  So the threat of higher unemployment amidst rising prices is very real IMO.

The dollar's been in an uptrend since 2021, though, before the Fed signaled it was going to hike rates; so if that keeps up it might serve as a deflationary cushion to soften the blow.  If we do get stagflation I think it will be milder than what we experienced in the 1970s, since the inflation of the 70s was primarily driven by the dollar's prolonged decline after the collapse of Bretton Woods.  Not that it's going to help whoever's running Congress or the White House.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...