Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Is there legitimately enough dirt on Trump and his brood to prosecute so we may be rid of him? Or do his delay tactics in court allow him to martyr himself in the eye of the public.. he sells himself as a victim of persecution and gains more votes?

honestly.. its all so messy I half expect “his” Supreme Court to hand him the presidency Jan 19 and get sworn in on the 20th before Democrats know what hit them

28 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That depends entirely on the NY Attorney General's office.

Apparently NJ has an interest in whatever fuckery was going on with the inauguration funds. DC too, but how does DC not being a state work there? Can the feds cockblock the DC AG on that if they really want to?

On 12/6/2020 at 1:50 PM, Ghost_MH said:

The Stan parody was also pretty great.

I'm not one of those people who loves to shit on SNL, I think they have some great stuff now and then and I usually enjoy Pete Davidson more than most people seem to but no just no.

That Stan skit was not only awful, it's also like 20 years too late, I'd bet 95% of the audience had zero idea what it was referencing. 

8 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

I'm not one of those people who loves to shit on SNL, I think they have some great stuff now and then and I usually enjoy Pete Davidson more than most people seem to but no just no.

That Stan skit was not only awful, it's also like 20 years too late, I'd bet 95% of the audience had zero idea what it was referencing. 

13 year olds don’t watch snl. A lot of people know about the song, don’t be ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, johnny said:

13 year olds don’t watch snl. A lot of people know about the song, don’t be ridiculous. 

Do you think a semi-popular rap video from 20 years ago is fresh in the minds of the vast majority of the viewership? lol

I love Eminem and that song and that skit STILL sucked.

2 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

Do you think a semi-popular rap video from 20 years ago is fresh in the minds of the vast majority of the viewership? lol

It doesn’t really need to be fresh in everybody’s minds. All you need to know is the song and you don’t have to remember every word. 

27 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

sweet, can't wait until the year 2040 when they make a skit based on Takeshi 6-9

Maybe, but probably someone actually talented. Like Che and Jost are two of head writers for the show. They're both around my age, so Stan dropped just out of highschool for them. Is Tekashi69 going to be relevant enough to get the call for a cameo in SNL twenty years from now? I mean, when Stan came out Eminem was just coming off his Grammy win.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Maybe, but probably someone actually talented. Like Che and Jost are two of head writers for the show. They're both around my age, so Stan dropped just out of highschool for them. Is Tekashi69 going to be relevant enough to get the call for a cameo in SNL twenty years from now? I mean, when Stan came out Eminem was just coming off his Grammy win.

I'm in the same age group, my point is simply that song or more specifically the video for that song is/was not ubiquitous. You basically had to be a teenager in the the year 2000 who watched a fair bit of MTV to get the joke, but then also it just wasn't funny.

1 hour ago, thedarkstark said:

I'm in the same age group, my point is simply that song or more specifically the video for that song is/was not ubiquitous. You basically had to be a teenager in the the year 2000 who watched a fair bit of MTV to get the joke, but then also it just wasn't funny.

I mean, it's not like the people who heard the song Stan, but never saw the video, would've just been sitting through the whole skit thinking to themselves "geeze, this is flying over my head because although this song sounds familiar, I have no visual reference to place this with!" 

Fair enough if you didn't think it was funny, but I liked it. 

8 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

I mean... the more cowbell skit came out in 2000 that was a reference to a song from 1976...so it's not like this is unprecedented in SNL history.

That isn't to say the skit was great, or even good especially compared to the cowbell skit. It was OK and I'm sure most of their target audience remember the song just fine.

15 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I do not like that man Ted Cruz
I do not like his far-right views

I do not like his stupid chin
I do not like his smarmy grin

I do not like him with a beard
I do not like him freshly sheared

I do not like Ted Cruz at all
That man Ted Cruz can suck my balls

This is better than my Red Dead Redemption 2 poem about Horse Balls where the first letter of every line ended up spelling HORSE BALLS vertically.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

While I mostly agree with this, I can't emphasize enough on how much Trump is toxically influencing everything. While getting rid of Trump might not fix the problem, it eliminates one of the segments of the human centipede of the right wing mediasphere. For one he allows right wing bullshit that would normally be quarantined to their bubble a giant bullhorn.

The fact that we're all mostly acting like this is normal with a response like "LOL, trump gonna trump" is fucking insane. This is all insane.

This is not normal. The fact that like half of the people in this country can see this happening and either agree with it or just shrug is fucking terrifying.

If we want to go back and pinpoint just when this country officially went to shit, I want to nominate how both political parties now have their own versions of reality that just get accepted by the populace as news. There should not be two sets of news. There is one fucking set of facts.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

Just now, ort said:

The fact that we're all mostly acting like this is normal with a response like "LOL, trump gonna trump" is fucking insane. This is all insane.

This is not normal. The fact that like half of the people in this country can see this happening and either agree with it or just shrug is fucking terrifying.

If we want to go back and pinpoint just when this country officially went to shit, I want to nominate how both political parties now have their own versions of reality that just get accepted by the populace as news. There should not be two sets of news. There is one fucking set of facts.

What alternate reality are the Democrats living in? 

3 minutes ago, ort said:

I don't think the left is anywhere near as bad as the right at this, but there's still more misinformation on the left than there should be.

What always gets me is that the right wingers say the exact same things about us as we say about them.

We live I our own bubble. We're getting false news stories from biased news agencies that are just pushing their agenda... blah blah blah.

Both sides say the exact same thing. Fox News has been pulling righter and righter and has gotten more brazen and obvious with their tactics over the last 10 years or so... and I truly believed that they pushed both MSNBC and CNN to the left and basically turned them into nothing more than the left wing mirror versions of themselves.

If you listen to any of the left wing talking heads and kinda squint your brain and listen between the lines, both sides are saying the exact same thing. They use the same cadence. It's all about demonizing the other side and pushing the days news storied to fit your political narrative.

Since I'm a leftist robot, of course I say to myself... I says... not I, I am an intelligent reasoned person who can see through this... but am I? Are we?

Are we not just two sides of the same coin?

I don't know the answer to this, but it keeps me up at night.

When Obama was president and the Right was acting like total idiots for 8 years straight, using INSANE language about tyranny this, and nazi that and it was just fucking nuts... I said to myself... I never want to be that person. I hope I never go so far up my own ass that I use language like that to describe someone I disagree with.

And then Trump showed up and suddenly I was right there with the tyranny and nazi shit. I just don't want to fall into the same tired lazy thinking... but then I'm also like, holy shit, what a tyrannical nazi.

I don't know. I don't fucking know anything anymore. The world is so fucking insane I can't even process it anymore. When I see these people I know...  family and friends and what not on social media arguing the most insane shit and putting out opinions that I can't even wrap my head around... like batshit COVID conspiracy shit and downplaying hundreds of thousands dead and I don't even know what the fuck is going on anymore.

WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN GOING ON ANYMORE???

• Sad 1