Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

The Country is Two-Faced right now.. both sides see each other as the villain..

Is this where u need a false flag operation to unite our countries capacity to hate outsiders comes in? Cause the GOP sure as shit is not going back to normal and the monsters are both too big for new idealists to fix it..

Out of all this I wish nothing but the worst for Trump, McConnell, Giuliani and the rest if those toxic fucks

20 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I would tend to agree, but at the same thing that’s not exactly a selling point in the middle of a pandemic. Hell, even Azar had more qualifications!

I think he will be fine. I don't know that public health experience is necessarily a requirement for a HHS secretary.

From the article:

“It would be hard to find anyone who has worked so hard to undo Trump’s agenda on health,” said Larry Levitt, the executive vice president for health policy at the Kaiser Family Foundation. “Now he’ll have an opportunity to do it proactively.”

“The California Justice Department probably is bigger than many state governments in terms of its reach and its scope,” said Obama HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, who praised Becerra as a “smart, strategic” pick who will be able to recruit top talent around him.

Becerra’s expertise will serve the Biden administration beyond the pandemic, his backers say, particularly when it comes to expanding the Affordable Care Act and reversing the Trump administration’s regulations and executive orders that sought to undermine Obamacare’s insurance marketplaces and put a conservative spin on Medicaid and other safety-net programs. Becerra has also spent considerable time focused on immigration issues, including the treatment of unaccompanied immigrant minors, which falls under HHS's jurisdiction.

Like he's been CA AG for less than 3 years and his health experience being touted is him helping pass the ACA almost a decade ago? Where he wasn't even on a relevant committee?

You can (and should!) Have a diverse cabinet and have a significant amount of relevant experience for someone in one of the most important posts to average americans in normal times let alone a pandemic. 

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Like he's been CA AG for less than 3 years and his health experience being touted is him helping pass the ACA almost a decade ago?

He's been defending the ACA in court against Trump administration lawsuits since 2018 since Trump's DOJ refused to defend the ACA in court. He's also gone after hospital consolidation as CA AG. Not saying these are necessarily good reasons to pick him for HHS but his experience in these areas is way more recent than a decade ago.

5TKBCVBYDAI6XKWZRFMSE4UAYQ.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Joe Biden announced this morning he is nominating the California AG as health secretary.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's been defending the ACA in court against Trump administration lawsuits since 2018 since Trump's DOJ refused to defend the ACA in court. He's also gone after hospital consolidation as CA AG. Not saying these are necessarily good reasons to pick him for HHS but his experience in these areas is way more recent than a decade ago.

5TKBCVBYDAI6XKWZRFMSE4UAYQ.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Joe Biden announced this morning he is nominating the California AG as health secretary.

"I would have liked to see the HHS secretary have public health experience,” Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), a leading House progressive, said in an interview. “I know it’s typical to have more of a manager, but I think the current situation warrants it.”

Biden allies mobilized quickly on Monday to head off those concerns, touting Becerra’s stewardship of California’s Justice Department — a job that consisted primarily of coordinating a slew of multistate lawsuits — and his deep involvement in the 2010 passage of Obamacare as a member of House leadership.

These lawsuits are within his time as AG, as I said. And he's been managing it for less than 3 years.

I don't think he's an awful pick but this is probably the most important senate appointed position in the federal government for the next year or so so I'm not exactly thrilled it's going to be run by a lawyer with little background in public health (which is not health insurance policy) instead of someone with a public health or scientific or related background. Hell supply chain management would be helpful even

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
1*NQnJFUBDYotGZTJrM7nzaw.png
BRIANSTRYKER.MEDIUM.COM

Polling error in 2020, while within the historical range of polling error, has caused a lot of heartburn among Democratic strategists…

I think it was posted ITT at some point that since polls are still largely (entirely?) landline-only, Democrats being more likely to be home to pick up the phone due to being more likely to be taking COVID precautions seriously probably had a significant effect.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think it was posted ITT at some point that since polls are still largely (entirely?) landline-only, Democrats being more likely to be home to pick up the phone due to being more likely to be taking COVID precautions seriously probably had a significant effect.

Nah, I don't think any pollster is landline only, dems being more likely to be home just means they're more free to pick up the phone, its also been stated that republicans have become simply less trusting of like literally everyone and wouldn't do polls.

22 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Nah, I don't think any pollster is landline only, dems being more likely to be home just means they're more free to pick up the phone, its also been stated that republicans have become simply less trusting of like literally everyone and wouldn't do polls.

Yeah the shy Trump voter is a myth, but it seems that Republicans not wanting to respond to polls definitely isn't.

I've been saying this stuff for a while when people try to say Trump can't pardon his family/staff, or that it somehow means that accepting a pardon means you're guilty, or that accepting a pardon means you can be subpoena'd for the trial of the others or whatever. None of that is true. Trump absolutely can pardon anyone he wants (except for maybe himself) for any reason. A crime, hell even a person, doesn't even have to be specified.

If people don't want to watch, he talks specifically about whether the president could pardon himself. There isn't anything in the constitution that explicitly says he can't. However, there are other parts that clearly state that the president is subject to punishment for crimes committed while in office. If the president were allowed to pardon himself, it would nullify those other clauses, therefore it can be argued that it is implicit that the president cannot pardon himself, even if the text of the law doesn't directly say so.

44 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've been saying this stuff for a while when people try to say Trump can't pardon his family/staff, or that it somehow means that accepting a pardon means you're guilty, or that accepting a pardon means you can be subpoena'd for the trial of the others or whatever. None of that is true. Trump absolutely can pardon anyone he wants (except for maybe himself) for any reason. A crime, hell even a person, doesn't even have to be specified.

If people don't want to watch, he talks specifically about whether the president could pardon himself. There isn't anything in the constitution that explicitly says he can't. However, there are other parts that clearly state that the president is subject to punishment for crimes committed while in office. If the president were allowed to pardon himself, it would nullify those other clauses, therefore it can be argued that it is implicit that the president cannot pardon himself, even if the text of the law doesn't directly say so.

I always figured that Trump would self-pardon for the hell of it because at his age it would at least buy him a few years while it worked it's way through the courts.

Now I am thinking of a tragically comical scenario where Trump self-pardons, it is challenged in court, ultimately it is ruled he can not self pardon, but by time that happens there is not enough time to indict and convict him before the 2024 election. He runs, wins, and has four more years of presidential immunity :lol:

• Guillotine 1

201104-mail-in-ballots-count-georgia-se-
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A day after Trump's loss in the state was reaffirmed, Republicans pledged to unwind the absentee voting system they themselves created in 2005.

The lawmakers also vowed to unwind a legal agreement that standardized Georgia’s signature match policies earlier this year and trained poll workers in best practices, changes that led to a lower rejection rate of mail ballots.