Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

12 hours ago, Brick said:

You're right about the courts, ss that can have repercussions for decades to come. If Biden does win then maybe RBG, and some of the other older liberal judges will retire so that younger liberal judges can take their place, and protect important issues like Roe V. Wade, which the conservatives are dead set on reversing. Maybe it is naïve of me to think Biden can be persuaded (not being American I'm not super familiar on his history), but I can't help but hope out hope that others in the party, and of course the people, will help to push him a little more left on issues. At the very least with Biden winning, and other Democrats getting voted in down the ballet they can maybe make some positive changes. For example Biden might not be for legalizing marijuana on the national level, but perhaps a state that goes from Red to Blue will have a new Governor that legalizes it statewide. 

Incidentally, I responded to my friend's post using much of what you said, including @Chairslinger's more cheeky response, combined with what I initially said in my post, and this is what he had to say,

"the numbers on the coronavirus deaths are over-inflated by AT LEAST 20% which would put it in the same margin as common influenza. George Floyd was originally counted as a corona death ffs. 

*gesturing at everything* is doing what? you have the first global pandemic in the world and race riots instigated by the democratic party using BLM to collect campaign funds. what are you expecting, a tea party? Biden can hardly form a sentence and you expect a better job?

I'm not a trump supporter or a conservative by any means but it doesn't take a genius to realize that you're choosing between 2 evil people. One of which is just a career politician that's done more damage to black communities than the KKK, and participated in the literal war crimes. I don't need to go over Trump scandals, you hear them in the news daily. point of the post is at the end of the day you're just picking your oppression. The only thing it's "not helping" is a bias vote. if you're picking 1 piece of shit over another, it helps to know how big of a turd you're dealing with. it's "not helping' if you turn a blind eye to your own parties' faults and shortcomings. 

If Biden gets elected, (and don't get me wrong I am hopeful he wins), theres a mountain of issues and scandals that have to be addressed. It's not a "WIN" for anyone, its at best a less risky loss."

There's a lot to unpack here. 

Never Mind Homer GIF by moodman

2 hours ago, SlipperySlope said:

I lol'd at the fact that his George HW Bush reasons were just continuing the Reagan hate. :lol: 

But some of them had no reasons!

JFK didn't. Coolidge didn't. He seemed to like Grant somewhat. His compliments for LBJ outweighed the negative. 

And he straight up fucking liked Eisenhower!

Some polling nuggets from 538.

• Late last week, The Atlantic reported that Trump called fallen American troops “losers” and “suckers” during a 2018 trip to France. Trump and a number of other administration officials vigorously denied the report. This week, YouGov found that 50 percent of Americans believed the report, while 31 percent thought it was false. Nineteen percent didn’t know.
  • Despite Trump’s claims that a coronavirus vaccine could be available before Election Day, the American public is skeptical. A Kaiser Family Foundation poll found that 81 percent of Americans didn’t think a vaccine will be ready by then. And if a free coronavirus vaccine is developed and approved by the Food and Drug Administration before the election, just 42 percent of Americans said they would want to get it. Why? Sixty-two percent of respondents said they worried that political pressure would lead the FDA to rush to approve the vaccine before it is proven to be safe and effective.

• Thanks 1

• Guillotine 1

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

We can speculate about dementia, or a possible stroke last year, but I think this video definately confirms Trump has a medical condition known as resting prick face.

Look at him during the small breaks in talking. He looks like even he is in pain having to listen to Donald Trump speak now.