Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2022- The GOP sweeps the Senate and the House. They impeach and remove Biden and Harris and the Speaker takes over who happens to somehow be former Senator Tom Cotton.

Under Cotton, DC is stripped of its new statehood. Instead 3 new states are formed that are strong republican adding 6 GOP senate seats and the House of Representatives is abolished by a SCOTUS ruling.

The military can now act as a domestic police force since too many cities have defunded the police. The first step act is not only reversed, but harsher mandatory minimums are introduced. A 50 billion dollar wall is constructed at the southern border. Welfare, food stamps, and Medicaid are abolished. The US leaves the UN, NATO, and every other world organization.

Welcome to our future. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

2022- The GOP sweeps the Senate and the House. They impeach and remove Biden and Harris and the Speaker takes over who happens to somehow be former Senator Tom Cotton.

Under Cotton, DC is stripped of its new statehood. Instead 3 new states are formed that are strong republican adding 6 GOP senate seats and the House of Representatives is abolished by a SCOTUS ruling.

The military can now act as a domestic police force since too many cities have defunded the police. The first step act is not only reversed, but harsher mandatory minimums are introduced. A 50 billion dollar wall is constructed at the southern border. Welfare, food stamps, and Medicaid are abolished. The US leaves the UN, NATO, and every other world organization.

Welcome to our future. 

AggressiveArtisticGermanspaniel-size_res

You know what doesn't get talked about enough with Trump's quixotic quest for a pre-election vaccine? How many deathes this could cause on the backend of the pandemic.

America already has a huge problem with anti-vaxxers, the last thing we need is Trump coming along and making any skepticism of the vaccine a valid concern for some amount of time.

Polling has already shown a depressingly large % of conservatives don't plan on getting the vaccine when it comes. I worry that Trump politicizing an early vaccine may polarize the issue so that some on the left decide not to get one and that sentiment will persist even after reliable vaccines are produced.

Basically, we could find ourselves unable to reach herd immunity well into next year because half of each party distrusts the vaccine for their own disparate reasons.

7 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I find it highly unlikely that a company would expose themselves to the lawsuits they'd surely get hammered with if they release a vaccine that could be dangerous without finishing its phase 3 trial, and that happening before 2021 let alone November is doubtful.

Oh, they’ll be plenty of companies willing to do it.

6 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Oh, they’ll be plenty of companies willing to do it.

We're not talking about a med for people with a condition to take, we're talking about something the entire population should get, killing or causing permanent conditions in a not insignificant portion of them would end any company that did this.  There was a Lyme disease vaccine about 20 years ago the company stopped making it simply on the threat of lawsuits cause of the anti-vaxx movement starting.

17 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I find it highly unlikely that a company would expose themselves to the lawsuits they'd surely get hammered with if they release a vaccine that could be dangerous without finishing its phase 3 trial, and that happening before 2021 let alone November is doubtful.

Until there’s some BS thing passed that prevents lawsuits on the rushed vaccine.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Until there’s some BS thing passed that prevents lawsuits on the rushed vaccine.

Nothing is getting passed in this congress, and it'd be tough to argue your vaccine is safe in court if you bypassed a phase 3 trial which has been standard practice for decades.

This is just Trump saying things, its like getting scared hes actually going to release an awesome healthcare proposal in 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Nothing is getting passed in this congress, and it'd be tough to argue your vaccine is safe in court if you bypassed a phase 3 trial which has been standard practice for decades.

I dunno, I just have little faith that there won’t be some language added as a concession in the next stimulus package which protects vaccine manufacturers/researchers.

13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I dunno, I just have little faith that there won’t be some language added as a concession in the next stimulus package which protects vaccine manufacturers/researchers.

We're not going to see another stimulus package, the rest of September is going to be trying to avoid a shut down, and they're all going to be in hardcore campaign mode during October to do anything, plus the GOP seems to not want another one.

50 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

This is just Trump saying things, its like getting scared hes actually going to release an awesome healthcare proposal in 2 weeks.

Hey, remember when he said he’d have a plan in two weeks during that Wallace interview?

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

We're not going to see another stimulus package, the rest of September is going to be trying to avoid a shut down, and they're all going to be in hardcore campaign mode during October to do anything, plus the GOP seems to not want another one.

There’s a stimulus package sitting on the senate floor they were debating and working on up until their break. “The Hero’s Act” or whatever stupid name they gave it.

20 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

There’s a stimulus package sitting on the senate floor they were debating and working on up until their break 

They still don't have the votes for their plan, and theres still some infighting over it, especially about Cruz trying to add billions of school choice tax credits, so if by some miracle the GOP is able to negotiate with itself by the end of next week, it still gets shelved cause the Dem/GOP plans are so far apart, and then its on to government spending bill the week after.

28 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

They still don't have the votes for their plan, and theres still some infighting over it, especially about Cruz trying to add billions of school choice tax credits, so if by some miracle the GOP is able to negotiate with itself by the end of next week, it still gets shelved cause the Dem/GOP plans are so far apart, and then its on to government spending bill the week after.

Didn’t McTurtle agree to actually work with the Dems on this because of the GOP infighting over it? Or did I dream that?

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Didn’t McTurtle agree to actually work with the Dems on this because of the GOP infighting over it? Or did I dream that?

Pretty sure it was that he was bowing out of negotiations and letting Trump and the House Dems figure it out.

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Donald will just EO a liability shield for the company as “part of the deal” to secure plenty of vaccine for America. 

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

My understanding is this.....

- House passed it's bill monthes ago.

- Senate waited until the last minute to pass a bill, but ultimately couldn't get enough GOP votes to pass anything. McConnell basically gave up and conceded whatever he passed would have to be with Dem votes. Judging by what happened next, this seemed to be a signal that he would whip together a few GOP votes to help the Dems to pass whatever the WH and the House agreed to.

- The WH walked out on negotiations with Nancy because Meadows is a tea party douche and Trump, as usual liking a "quick win" with no thought to what happens in the long term decided his EO's would be a big win.

- As things have dragged on, the Republicans have had a tough time blaming this on Dems or governmental disfunction. Because even though the mainstream media loves both sideism it's hard to make that stick when the Republicans, technically, still don't even have a bargaining position because they never passed a fucking bill!

- McConnell is trying to pass something now, but I suspect it's not even a serious bill. It's something he can herd his caucus into supporting that at least gives them the ability to go on TV and claim Dems are being unreasonable for not compromising with.

At one point when the Senate GOP was just negotiating with itself(and not the House)and many were erroneously treating it as genuine deal making I heard it described as a married couple "negotiating" with each other how much they wanted to pay for a house before they even talked to the home owner. Now we are even one step removed from that. Mitch is trying to get his right flank to put their name on a bill that will never pass as PR flack during the election.

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2020 at 2:07 PM, Massdriver said:

Welcome to our future. 

On 9/4/2020 at 2:32 PM, SaysWho? said:

My theory on what could happen:

Trump wins but for some reason after I pleasure myself my semen squirts to D.C. and hits trump in the eye, causing him to fall on the nuclear button which destroys humanity.

My wife was behind me when I was reading these two. She turns to me and asks, "Is this what you do all day long?"

:shrug:

• Haha 7