Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

I seriously don't understand why you guys think cheesesteaks are "nasty". If you've never had one from Centra/South NJ or from Philly/surrounding suburbs, I guess I'd understand why. I had one in Maryland once and it was probably the most horrible sandwich I've had in my life. A pile of grease and stringy meat.

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I seriously don't understand why you guys think cheesesteaks are "nasty". If you've never had one from Centra/South NJ or from Philly/surrounding suburbs, I guess I'd understand why. I had one in Maryland once and it was probably the most horrible sandwich I've had in my life. A pile of grease and stringy meat.

I like cheesesteaks in general, I think anything slathered in Cheez Wiz is kinda gross. I'd agree with @skillzdadirecta in that the further you get away from a "Philly Cheesesteak" the better they are.

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

I like cheesesteaks in general, I think anything slathered in Cheez Wiz is kinda gross. I'd agree with @skillzdadirecta in that the further you get away from a "Philly Cheesesteak" the better they are.

I just order with mozzarella or provolone 100% of the time. I hate cheese wiz and you don't have to order it with such awfulness. :p 

51 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

"wHy dIdN't ShE sPeAk OuT eArLiEr!?"

and

"Yeah he's got flaws, but he tells it like it is and he's done more for the country than any President ever."

Will be the two reactions to this from 40% of the country.

I don't buy it because am I really supposed to believe he can get a death grip on anything with those tiny little hands? 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I don't get this reference :p 

Even Pat's and Geno's have a "provolonie" as an option :shrug: 

There was some quote from W. where he gave Kerry crap for not knowing to order wiz wit or however the fuck it's allegedly proper.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

There was some quote from W. where he gave Kerry crap for not knowing to order wiz wit or however the fuck it's allegedly proper.

Oh, that's a Pat's thing... after the Seinfeld Soup Nazi episode they tried to emulate the Soup Nazi's order-BS (no, really - they would make people go to the back of the line and "try again"). It's one of the many reasons Pat's sucks.

31 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The only time I had a Philly cheesesteak, it was terrible. The meat was super dry. We used to have a place in the town where I went to HS that had amazing cheesesteaks. Great meat, onion and peppers, and I forgot what cheese it was, but all around greatness. I'm not bad-mouthing cheesesteaks in general, just that it seems the ones from Philly are grossly overrated.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

The only time I had a Philly cheesesteak, it was terrible. The meat was super dry. We used to have a place in the town where I went to HS that had amazing cheesesteaks. Great meat, onion and peppers, and I forgot what cheese it was, but all around greatness. I'm not bad-mouthing cheesesteaks in general, just that it seems the ones from Philly are grossly overrated.

Like anything, it depends where you buy from. Outside of the actual Philly-region, there's this belief about peppers & onions + buttered roll being part of a Philly Cheesesteak... I assure you, it's not; those are extras :p 

But anyway, the best Cheesesteaks are in South NJ at Gaetano's or Donkey's.

On 9/16/2020 at 5:18 AM, Spork3245 said:

The best cheesesteaks are at Gaetano’s in Willingboro, NJ, anyway.

COME AT ME

@Greatoneshere

Jim's Steaks, Steve's Prince of Steaks, Delassandro's are all competitve with Gaetano's. I like Gaetano's though! But better than Jim's? I dunno . . . 

I'm more disgusted that Trump name dropped Philly at all . . . :p 

14 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Like anything, it depends where you buy from. Outside of the actual Philly-region, there's this belief about peppers & onions + buttered roll being part of a Philly Cheesesteak... I assure you, it's not; those are extras :p 

But anyway, the best Cheesesteaks are in South NJ at Gaetano's or Donkey's.

Here is New England a cheese steak is just that, steak and cheese. Peppers, onions, and usually mushrooms make it a steak bomb. I'd actually prefer my cheese steaks pretty plain, but I'll normally get an egg on it when I gave the option because fried eggs make everything better.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, that's a Pat's thing... after the Seinfeld Soup Nazi episode they tried to emulate the Soup Nazi's order-BS (no, really - they would make people go to the back of the line and "try again"). It's one of the many reasons Pat's sucks.

That was Geno’s actually. They also had the shitty “order in English” policy. 

Joey Vento was a racist piece of shit.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

And from what I understand, Philly has amazing food at the moment. Yet, people still want to talk about nasty ass cheesesteaks.

Philly's food scene is incredible these days and I rarely get cheesesteaks, having lived in Philly most of my life I never eat them often. You should only get them once in a blue moon, but when I do, and I go to the right place, they taste amazing. I love tacos too and certainly eat them more often than cheesesteaks, they are a lot lighter to eat.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Yeah, this.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

That was Geno’s actually. They also had the shitty “order in English” policy. 

Joey Vento was a racist piece of shit.

They both did it then. I went to Pats a couple years after that nonsense started and they had signs with "have payment ready before ordering", "must say 'wit' or 'wit out'", "keep a straight line", etc. At that point they weren't enforcing it, though.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Philly's food scene is incredible these days and I rarely get cheesesteaks, having lived in Philly most of my life I never eat them often. You should only get them once in a blue moon, but when I do, and I go to the right place, they taste amazing. I love tacos too and certainly eat them more often than cheesesteaks, they are a lot lighter to eat.

Yeah, this.

Have you been to South Philly Barbacoa? Looks so good.

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

Have you seen to South Philly Barbacoa? Looks so good.

Yes, please go, it is delicious! Covid has really ruined things, I miss going out to all the cool food places that would pop up. Barbacoa is definitely the place for meat. There's Deke's and Manayunk and Fette Sau in Philly proper for older places that specialize in it too, but some of the new places are very yum.