Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

"The democrats say that masks protect people but I saw one of them not wearing a mask once, so I'll vote for the other guy who doesn't care that 200,000+ will be dead by election day."

Is equivalent to:

"They say that it's important to drive safe, but I saw my neighbour move his car from driveway to the street without a seatbelt, so I'll vote for the guy convicted of 8 DUIs."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like this approach from Arnold:

Obviously polling places aren't being shut down for real budget reasons, even if that is the excuse. Still, it might be worth trying to call the bluff here. If they really could put a number on how much it would cost to open more polling locations, it seems like the kind of thing the DNC could find money for. Put all those Bloomberg dollars somewhere they'll make a difference. 

3 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I like this approach from Arnold:

Obviously polling places aren't being shut down for real budget reasons, even if that is the excuse. Still, it might be worth trying to call the bluff here. If they really could put a number on how much it would cost to open more polling locations, it seems like the kind of thing the DNC could find money for. Put all those Bloomberg dollars somewhere they'll make a difference. 

"It's too late now, can't do it this close to an election!"

-things they say before closing several hundred more polling places in urban Atlanta while keeping 1,000 polling machines for 450 people in bumfuck rural white Georgia

Former Republican Governor of Michigan, Rick Snyder, endorses Biden.

While we have had a strong economy during his term, it reminds me of the old expression that it is better to be lucky than smart. Some regulatory reforms have been helpful. But his tax reform was a failure. It didn’t have real long-term value, enriched large corporations and violated the basic principles of good tax reform to be simple, fair, and efficient. In the foreign policy area, there have been some good agreements, but overall, our nation is no longer respected as a leader on world affairs.

His interview with NPR.

I think a lot of people were giving Donald Trump sort of the benefit of the doubt, looking that this is change coming from outside Washington. We've seen Donald Trump run our country now for four years. Has our country been run well? Is our country more - working well together and solving problems together? The answer is no. So now there's a four-year track record of lack of success. We can't stay on this path. Let's try something new. Let's try someone that's shown an ability to have people work together - Joe Biden.

Biden lags among Florida Hispanic voters (Politico)

The poll results jibe with months of criticisms leveled at Biden for doing too little to juice up Hispanic support in Florida, as well as in other battleground states. The campaign this week responded by stepping up its Spanish-language outreach, spending more on TV and hiring more staff to change the trajectory — in two previous polls by the firm, Biden led Trump among Hispanics by 18 points in July and 17 points in December.

I saw a video of Biden in Kenosha and man does it seem like he’s lost a ton of his pep even since the debates. I’m not sure he makes it to the midterms before handing it over to a Harris.

26 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I saw a video of Biden in Kenosha and man does it seem like he’s lost a ton of his pep even since the debates. I’m not sure he makes it to the midterms before handing it over to a Harris.

If he resigns 2 years and 1 day into his presidency, Harris could end up serving as President for 10 years. 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I feel like with the  way this year has gone so far everyone  has lost a little pep the past few months.