Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

3 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Maybe he just wants his people to shut up and not screw with his announcement? Picking anyone right now would be a minor controversy, best to just let things cool off. 

Yall leap to conspiracies way too quickly. 

He's just didn't want to steal the thunder of another stupid thing Trump said. First it was delaying the election and then it was banning TikTok.

Unfortunately, waiting for a week when Trump isn't saying something stupid means he won't actually announce his running mate until November.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

He's just didn't want to steal the thunder of another stupid thing Trump said. First it was delaying the election and then it was banning TikTok.

Unfortunately, waiting for a week when Trump isn't saying something stupid means he won't actually announce his running mate until November.

Possibly true as well! 

17 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I love the random see you in court.  Also no way the post office could possibly prepare 3 months before the vote to handle excess mail in ballots.

The post office isn't the problem. They're already just about stopping by every address in the country everyday. The issue is managing the infrastructure that handles ballots after they've been mailed in. It wouldn't be too big of a deal if states just extend early voting to give them more time to process ballots as they come in. Every state is already set to manage absentee ballots. It's just different when going from thousands to millions.

23 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Okay, I wondering if that was just me. I had a package of masks coming in two Saturdays ago that didn’t show up for almost another week, especially when the tracking kept saying “it will be here two weeks ago”.

46 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Okay, I wondering if that was just me. I had a package of masks coming in two Saturdays ago that didn’t show up for almost another week, especially when the tracking kept saying “it will be here two weeks ago”.

Same, but it was something I bought off eBay. It just stopped moving for a week.

COVID is wrecking the postal system. It had a huge impact early on in canada which has slowly started to sort itself out with our falling case count. I can image it's getting worse in the US as covid cases continue to climb. 

For me, I had a package take almost exactly 2 months to move from just 1 city over (less than a 1h drive) with zero tracking updates as soon as Canada Post collected it. -.- 

51 minutes ago, chakoo said:

COVID is wrecking the postal system. It had a huge impact early on in canada which has slowly started to sort itself out with our falling case count. I can image it's getting worse in the US as covid cases continue to climb. 

For me, I had a package take almost exactly 2 months to move from just 1 city over (less than a 1h drive) with zero tracking updates as soon as Canada Post collected it. -.- 

I do a lot of shipping by USPS and I've found that untracked mail moves quicker. US to Canada is really really slow also. 

But yeah, Trump's PMG is fucking it all up. 

5 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I'm all but convinced now that we won't know the "results" of the "election" for several weeks and even then, the efforts to delegitimize the eventual outcome will be something spectacular to behold.

Yup. And if the media were good at their job (big fucking lol) they would start talking about how we might not know anything by election night.

43 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

To heck "election night" - I'm talking about New Year's Day at the earliest!

Fuck that, I think we're going to get to Jan 20th and have to answer the question "does the Speaker become acting President or permanent President if the election results can't yet be certified?"

14 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

To heck "election night" - I'm talking about New Year's Day at the earliest!

I could see Big shenanigans on deck if this happens, the Senate is flipped AND Biden is elected.

I’m thinking Old Senate starts special investigation into election fraud before the new senate is sworn in maybe?  You know they’re aching for revenge over Mueller.  Whose taking bets?

Also, Dems better keep the house or else you gotta figure there’ll be impeachment hearings into the high crime and misdemeanor of “refusing to step down while operating as president with cognitive impairment” or something ridiculous as soon as the new House is sworn in.

I’m not convinced we’ll never get a functional government back but in the near-term things will probably get worse before they get better.

The politburo in China is gonna be like “man, I didn’t think they’d make it this easy”.

14 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Fuck that, I think we're going to get to Jan 20th and have to answer the question "does the Speaker become acting President or permanent President if the election results can't yet be certified?"

States certify the votes btw, and once someone hits 270 it doesn't matter about anyone still not certified the election is over and we have a winner, and theres more than enough states with dem governors and SoS'.  This will likely be over with on election night.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Wait, so if all the results get certified but the presidential election results, Pelosi seriously could become president? That's about as good of a guarantee as there is that it will never happen.

Yup, a bunch of GOP states not certifying their election results just ends with a massive Dem majority.  We had a presidential election during the Civil war, and amended the constitution before southern states rejoined, so yeah its a stupid idea.