Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

26 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

You know what's going to be great? Trump's supporters insisting it's not safe to hold the election...while at the same time also insisting the pandemic is no big deal.

"I have the right to go to the bar! But it's not safe to let people vote!"

Too scary to vote, but your kids school better be fucking open in person, no restrictions

If you put together the new edicts by the postmaster general telling carriers to leave mail undelivered, the fact that the Trump Campaign in Pennsylvania is trying to challenge drop off boxes where you can leave your ballot without having to go through the post office, and Trump's comments about knowing the results on election night, I don't think there's a huge mystery about what they're trying to do. They're going to try and slow down the mail-in vote as much as possible and then challenge the results as suspicious as they very gradually eat into his (hypothetical) lead over the course of days or weeks after election night.

15 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

If you put together the new edicts by the postmaster general telling carriers to leave mail undelivered, the fact that the Trump Campaign in Pennsylvania is trying to challenge drop off boxes where you can leave your ballot without having to go through the post office, and Trump's comments about knowing the results on election night, I don't think there's a huge mystery about what they're trying to do. They're going to try and slow down the mail-in vote as much as possible and then challenge the results as suspicious as they very gradually eat into his (hypothetical) lead over the course of days or weeks after election night.

Michigan legislature (republican) refusing to change the law to allow the (democratic) secretary of state from counting ballots submitted early as well

• Guillotine 3

7 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

If they're still counting ballots and it's getting close to when they have to certify the results, they might do more stuff like the Brooks Brothers Riot, an insane thing that actually happened in 2000 that I knew nothing about until pretty recently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_Brothers_riot

They protested masks there is no way MAGAland doesnt go out to stop "far left" Joe Biden from winning.

Also @b_m_b_m_b_m Gore v Bush Electric Boogaloo 2. On a side note I have no clue if I should even use tbat meme because of the Boogaloo movement.

Edit: I thought of a good one Joe "Frankenstein Lenin's corpse" Biden.

I think I'm gonna do in-person early voting too. I did it for the primary in March when IL didn't push theirs back (the one insane thing in what was otherwise a pretty reasonable early response), and there was a line to get in but there was a reasonable amount of space to spread out.

Just to be clear, I agree that creating a partisan difference between mail-in voting and in-person would help create chaos in November and potentially get more Democratic votes rejected (and to the media's credit, they're publishing/airing stories to this effect). I'm just 100% sure he timed that specific tweet to distract from the economy because he's been a failure.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Just to be clear, I agree that creating a partisan difference between mail-in voting and in-person would help create chaos in November and potentially get more Democratic votes rejected (and to the media's credit, they're publishing/airing stories to this effect). I'm just 100% sure he timed that specific tweet to distract from the economy because he's been a failure.

He wants to distract from the economy and the death of Herman Cain. 

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

Guess they figured out vote for our guy or else the thing that's happening now will happen isn't a good strategy. 

Yep.  Maybe they figured out that those "You won't be safe in Joe Biden's America" ads make no fucking sense because we're already dealing with an impending homelessness crisis, a secret police force, and a global pandemic.

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

He wants to distract from the economy and the death of Herman Cain. 

Fortunately upon seeing what the coverage has been on networks and the web sites, his comments are being covered but not overshadowing "Trump supporter who didn't wear mask dies of COVID" and "Economy is in shambles" as I thought it might.

Thing is people weren't really talking about the economic numbers that I saw.  Just assuming everything is a distraction is probably not wise; especially because it serves to absolve him of the seriousness of the suggestion.  It's more important to slap down suggestions of delaying the election than report on the economy.

Maybe Trump was trying to distract us from the economic news, but who cares? We already know the economy is bad. The news wasn’t surprising to literally anyone. It’s not like people are being distracted from a scandal or something. People have already made their mind up whether Trump is to blame for the economy or not.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:54 PM, CitizenVectron said:

VP announcement pushed back until third week of August.

Lol he was totally going to pick her and is now looking elsewhere.

Huh, that means he would have picked one of the progressive options. Kind of cool honestly, yet disappointing that it ended up scrapped because of the baggage if we're connecting the dots correctly.