Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Important video on Joe Biden's vetting process:

I'm not sure if embracing Diamond Joe is a winning strategy, but I like it.

LOL, we literally have The Onion to thank for a lot of people's favorable impressions of Biden. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

LOL, we literally have The Onion to thank for a lot of people's favorable impressions of Biden. 

Biden Tossed Out Of Car Passing By White House

xwabs33btrawthanybzz.jpg

WASHINGTON—At approximately 2 a.m. Thursday morning, White House sources confirmed that Vice President Joe Biden was forcibly pushed out the rear door of a moving 1980 Lincoln Town Car onto the curb outside 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. “Whoa, those hombres were not fucking around,” said Biden, assuring a small group of onlookers that he was fine as he climbed to his feet and dusted himself off. “Being in the hole 50-large ain’t no joke, but no need to worry about me. Not the first time I’ve had my ass in a sling. And if there’s anything Diamond Joe knows, it’s how to rake in some quick green.” At press time, witnesses confirmed seeing Biden walking out of the Oval Office with Rembrandt Peale’s 1823 portrait of George Washington tucked into his jacket.

This will never not be my favorite Diamond Joe article.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SlipperySlope said:

I like it. He can relate to Americana and pivot it to where it needs to go. That's what we need with dumb Americans. 

Probably a good thing that he also swerved it into a thing about electric cars and American manufacturing. 

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Like no one would notice lol

The more probable reason is they don't want to give a center-stage platform to a leftist, which is total horseshit. I'm personally fine with letting Kasich speak, but why not also give someone with a different viewpoint an opportunity to speak? Are we still in 2020 playing to the GOP rulebook and being scared to actually push for progressive ideals? Very disappointing. 

1 minute ago, Joe said:

The more probable reason is they don't want to give a center-stage platform to a leftist, which is total horseshit. I'm personally fine with letting Kasich speak, but why not also give someone with a different viewpoint an opportunity to speak? Are we still in 2020 playing to the GOP rulebook and being scared to actually push for progressive ideals? Very disappointing. 

Oh that's absolutely the reason.

Mind you, if Biden keeps up some moderate face but governs a bit more radically, as the times require, I'll be ok with this.

But that one of the most popular and favorably viewed democrats, especially with the left/progressive base, won't be speaking (as just a crumb of a public fig leaf) doesn't put my heart at ease for the next four years.

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Oh that's absolutely the reason.

Mind you, if Biden keeps up some moderate face but governs a bit more radically, as the times require, I'll be ok with this.

But that one of the most popular and favorably viewed democrats, especially with the left/progressive base, won't be speaking (as just a crumb of a public fig leaf) doesn't put my heart at ease for the next four years.

Agreed 100%.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm still confused. Kanye was sporting a red hat and was all excited about Trump. Trump just said yesterday he really likes Kanye. I don't get how Kanye would be a spoiler against Biden.

He's black and black people will vote for the black guy or something something. 

It seems like there's plenty of evidence now that they really are just trying to straight-up rig the mail-in vote. The one thing I still don't get is that tweet from some time last week where he was like, "Uh... it turns out that mail-in voting in Florida is fine, actually! Definitely vote for me by mail if you're in Florida!" Is this just one of those things where different people in his orbit think that either they can get away with rigging the mail-in vote or that it's gonna backfire by suppressing elderly Republican votes, and he's just changing his mind day-to-day depending on the last person he's talked to?