Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Was just driving back from somewhere, and CBS radio just aired Trump's entire press conference from Bedminster because they'd announced that it was going to be about the COVID relief executive orders. It was like 20 minutes of his usual campaign rally schtick before he said anything about what he was signing. You could hear the country club dipshits laughing in the background. It's incredible how effortlessly they completely play the media like a fiddle time and again.

6 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

It seems like there's plenty of evidence now that they really are just trying to straight-up rig the mail-in vote. The one thing I still don't get is that tweet from some time last week where he was like, "Uh... it turns out that mail-in voting in Florida is fine, actually! Definitely vote for me by mail if you're in Florida!" Is this just one of those things where different people in his orbit think that either they can get away with rigging the mail-in vote or that it's gonna backfire by suppressing elderly Republican votes, and he's just changing his mind day-to-day depending on the last person he's talked to?

Unless you're suppressing/delaying all mail, it just won't work for the simple reason that it's a logistical impossibility to find some ~150 million ballots cast over a 2 month period all over the country when according to USPS, they handle ~470 million pieces of mail every single day. Can't even do it based on where the mail is going because as I understand the mail is sorted in urban areas, even for rural delivery.

25 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Unless you're suppressing/delaying all mail, it just won't work for the simple reason that it's a logistical impossibility to find some ~150 million ballots cast over a 2 month period all over the country when according to USPS, they handle ~470 million pieces of mail every single day. Can't even do it based on where the mail is going because as I understand the mail is sorted in urban areas, even for rural delivery.

Actually it wouldn’t be too difficult for USPS to do that, their processing/tracking is quite good. All they have to do is flag the sending address on the ballot; no more challenging than catching your mail when you add a forwarding address. 

49 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Actually it wouldn’t be too difficult for USPS to do that, their processing/tracking is quite good. All they have to do is flag the sending address on the ballot; no more challenging than catching your mail when you add a forwarding address. 

That is true.

There's still logistical challenges there though. On the tracking systems, yeah there's a change of address process, but how is that going to work for electorial mail? Do the absentee ballots go to a central facility for a given city/county/township/state? Or to the precinct? What do you do with the delayed ballots? Where do they go? Destroy them? Send them to an unauthorized delivery location? Return to sender? Whose ballots do you do this to? All of them? Some? If some then who exactly? What are good precincts and what are bad ones? Where's the list and who compiles it? And who is going to set themselves up to directly violate the letter of the law, hoping for a pardon, to set this in motion on a technical level? Who can test these old systems to make sure they run smoothly, run correctly, or run at all? Who is going to keep their mouth shut over this? Are they willing to risk years in prison on the word of a liar? (Violating a lot of section 1700-ish of title 18 of the US Code) And who's going to do this and get it in place in less than 3 months? I can tell you something this big, even if it only needs to happen in a few states, is a massive if not impossible challenge to pull off in less than 3 months, and many people will start getting ballots next month. 

A big change in any process at a bloated private company takes months of planning, programming, and testing. Can only imagine this at USPS taking longer.

VP this week.

From Poynter Institute:

Joe Biden is about to pick his vice presidential running mate. Will American media mess it up?
There will be misogynistic comments. The challenge for the media is to not repeat it, even if it is to shoot it down or point out its chauvinism.

Which brings up a misogynistic slant in the commentary, particularly when it comes to Harris. The California senator has been criticized for being “too ambitious.” (Harris even addressed this topic recently, as reported in this New York Times article.) Yet, as Silver points out, history has shown that vice presidents often go on to run for president, and no one calls them (all men) “too ambitious.”

Undoubtedly, the fact that Biden’s VP pick is a woman WILL be a topic for much of the media in the weeks to come. And, yes, there will be misogynistic comments, most likely from right-wing or conservative media wanting Trump to be reelected. The challenge for the rest of the media is to not repeat the misguided coverage even if it is to shoot it down or point out its chauvinism. Better to ignore it and address only the topics that genuinely scrutinize the candidate’s worthiness for the job.

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I'd like to echo something @Massdriver said weeks ago that I'm sure I'll echo again whenever I see polling like this:

Why can't we have the election right fucking now?

Trump could be in trouble if there is a surge of COVID cases as some schools try to open physically. That could sink him. It shouldn't take that, but otherwise I see it tightening and becoming a nail biter. Some Americans are becoming okay with the new COVID normal and will stop blaming Trump if it doesn't go from really bad to horrid.

21 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

1 hour ago, Jason said:

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

Hmmm, his uncle explained the power of nuclear about 35 years ago.  Hmm, what happened with nuclear about 35 years ago.  Hmmm.

#UncleJohnWasASaboteur

#ConspiracyConfirmed

#NotTheRussiansFault