Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

9 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Someone reminded Trump that he needs to win Florida and that old people often vote by mail.

Now if only we can get him to say the same thing in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, fuck it Texas and Arizona and we are good!

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

Someone reminded Trump that he needs to win Florida and that old people often vote by mail.

I hope Donald Trump doesn't find out that Donald Trump supports mail-in voting because Donald Trump has always been very clear that mail-in voting is very bad and fraudulent so he'd clearly be mad at Donald Trump and give him an earful.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Do we separate Pittsburgh as well? 

Or should we just divide the state in two, with the Susquehanna river being the dividing line?

I'd like to keep Pittsburgh and resuscitate and keep Harrisburg (every new state needs a project, plus to help minorities) . . . the rest can go. :p 

Once you get past Hershey, PA is kinda... yea. And the only reason to keep Hershey is really because it’s an entire town that smells like Reese’s - I swear you can get diabetes just from breathing the air in that town. I haven’t been to Pittsburgh, but heard it’s decent... maybe just remove the middle of PA? :p 

CNN is talking about it right now and the NY Times has an article on it. This news was posted in the Kanye thread by Skillz, but I'll post the NYT article here.

Republicans Aid Kanye West’s Bid to Get on the 2020 Ballot
At least four people involved in the effort to get Kanye West’s name before voters in several states have G.O.P. connections, renewing questions about the aim of his campaign.

One operative, Mark Jacoby, is an executive at a company called Let the Voters Decide, which has been collecting signatures for the West campaign in three states. Mr. Jacoby was arrested on voter fraud charges in 2008 while he was doing work for the California Republican Party, and he later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor.

New York Magazine reported Monday evening on the campaign’s links to two other people with partisan ties. One is Gregg Keller, the former executive director of the American Conservative Union, who has been listed as a contact for the campaign in Arkansas. Mr. Keller, who did not respond to a message seeking comment, is a Missouri-based strategist. He was under consideration to be Mr. Trump’s campaign manager in 2015

To be sure, if Mr. West’s goal is to disrupt the general election between Mr. Biden and Mr. Trump, he is going about it in a strange way. For instance, some of the states where he has filed to get on the ballot have been solidly red states, like Arkansas, where his presence would almost certainly do little to change the general election equation. But other states he is targeting, like Wisconsin, are seen as pivotal.

Allegedly, the VP choice has narrowed to Harris and Rice. While both aren't great, I suspect he will choose Harris, and Rice will get a cabinet post instead. From what I understand, Biden gets along very well with Rice from both their time in the Obama admin, so I think she'll play a large role in his government no matter what.

Biden makes biggest ad-buy in US history: $280 million for swing-states

The Biden campaign on Wednesday is announcing what it says is the largest TV ad buy ever by a presidential candidate, with $220 million set aside for commercials to air through the fall and another $60 million budgeted to reach audiences digitally on social media or gaming platforms. 

Biden's team is planning to reach voters in at least 15 states, with messages that feature the former vice president speaking directly to camera about the response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting economic fall. 

Signaling the states they see as most competitive, the Biden campaign said their ads will target: Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, North Carolina, Arizona, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Colorado, Virginia, Georgia, Iowa, Ohio and Texas.

Most of all, many Americans can expect to see Biden for longer periods of time — 60 seconds, up from the usual 30 seconds for a political spot. Top Biden strategist Mike Donilion said that's designed to give voters a "fuller, clearer message."

Check out the article, the buy looks pretty comprehensive, including targeting specific Spanish accents for different Latino communities, etc.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Allegedly, the VP choice has narrowed to Harris and Rice. While both aren't great, I suspect he will choose Harris, and Rice will get a cabinet post instead. From what I understand, Biden gets along very well with Rice from both their time in the Obama admin, so I think she'll play a large role in his government no matter what.

At this point I don't care who the VP is. 

That said, put Warren in treasury you coward. That'll make the bankers piss themselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

At this point I don't care who the VP is. 

That said, put Warren in treasury you coward. That'll make the bankers piss themselves.

I want a slow-mo shot of Biden walking towards the camera, and in from the sides walk Warran, Harris, Rice, Sanders, AOC, and others. Then Biden looks at the camera and says "whatever it takes."

I mean, even if someone would retro-actively decide to not monitor someone because it turns out they didn't get useful info...that's why you monitor them, to see if there is useful info. 

"Knowing what we know now, we wouldn't have arrest the three suspects since only one of them was the murderer. If we could do it differently, we would have only investigated the actual murderer."

No doink!