Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

they didn’t agree

God, I hate it when these pages start presenting talking as themselves instead of their shtick. The fun is him saying art/not art and making that the decision instantly, not explaining it and issuing a follow-up tweet. 

12 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Knocking trump for this IS ableist. It's not great. 

The meme pages are allowed to call out bullshit. 

I think knocking Trump like this is giving him a taste of his own medicine and exposing his own hypocrisy.  He's has done this to others and will continue to do so. 

EDIT: rewatched the ad again, it's basically attacking his virility and manhood and using his own exaggerated,  pseudo/macho bullshit against him. I would say it's definitely art because as a satire, it works on so many levels... but that's just me.

20 minutes ago, CayceG said:

It's not ableist to throw this back at Trump given he's been attacking Biden as "sleepy", demented, etc for months now.

If Trump had never made those sorts of attacks against Biden while denying what we can all plainly see in terms of Trump having clear physical impairments, then I might agree with it being ableism to go after him for something like his difficulty drinking from the water glass. As it is, it's just pointing out Trump's projection.

Live by the sword, die by the sword...

Live by juvenile jr. high bullshit attacks, die by the same fucking attacks.

FUCK THIS MAN. Every turd we can find needs to be thrown his way. He started this fucking fight, he made the fucking rules, FUCK HIM.

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think knocking Trump like this is giving him a taste of his own medicine and exposing his own hypocrisy.  He's has done this to others and will continue to do so. 

EDIT: rewatched the ad again, it's basically attacking his virility and manhood and using his own exaggerated,  pseudo/macho bullshit against him. I would say it's definitely art because as a satire, it works on so many levels... but that's just me.

Yeah, when people first started making fun of him for stumbling down a ramp, I thought "Really? Did this really need so much attention?" 

Then I remembered that all he does is constantly talk shit. 

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's not ableist to throw this back at Trump given he's been attacking Biden as "sleepy", demented, etc for months now.

If Trump had never made those sorts of attacks against Biden while denying what we can all plainly see in terms of Trump having clear physical impairments, then I might agree with it being ableism to go after him for something like his difficulty drinking from the water glass. As it is, it's just pointing out Trump's projection.

It's also NOT attacking him for potentially having a disability, the ad is basically saying he has a weak, little dick. Which I guess is a disability.

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

They're not allowed. It's stupid

It's also not ableist. I don't think it would matter as much if he wasn't trying to make Biden and Hillary into people with severe health issues, and then try to project himself as a macho man Rambo, when he's less than a beta, and pretends that the slope is so difficult for anybody any age. Because he's too vain to admit that he's fragile and shouldn't lie about others being fragile.

Next time don't spend a bunch of time in your rally making up why you're having trouble at an old age. Especially if you're going to go after people for the same thing. I hope they make more of these ads just to piss the meme pages off.

Mocking someone for their physical trait(s)- regardless of how miserably rotten and hypocritical they are - creates a climate that normalizes that type of behavior. If you’re content to open the can and see how many worms fly out (like Wade) then fine, but there’s no getting around the fact that condoning shitty behavior toward someone who deserves it sets it up for people who don’t.

If he didn't spend 1 out of every 8 minutes of his covid infested safe space Klan rally making excuses for the ramp and not being able to normally drink water (instead of owning it and just saying he's getting up there in age or something instead of doing the machismo projection bullshit)  I'd be concerned with ableism 

He would mercilessly mock Biden for less and as said before here:

25 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

We should use every method to tear down this man.

And that very much includes his extremely fragile ego

1 hour ago, ort said:

I like how he drank a glass of water at the rally to prove some sort of point but still drank it like a total bobo.

This is important actually because it shows that he can be easily led, just like he can easily lead the simple.  Basically he is simply and the way to fight him is with simple messages repeated frequently. 

18 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If he didn't spend 1 out of every 8 minutes of his covid infested safe space Klan rally making excuses for the ramp and not being able to normally drink water (instead of owning it and just saying he's getting up there in age or something instead of doing the machismo projection bullshit)  I'd be concerned with ableism 

He would mercilessly mock Biden for less and as said before here:

And that very much includes his extremely fragile ego

This is how I see it:

He put it on himself by calling himself the healthiest whatever, putting his height up one inch so he wouldn't be called obese, spread rumors that Hillary had dementia or a stroke or whatever his cronies were doing and didn't have "stamina," and is running ads saying Joe Biden isn't physically ready.

And this:

9882764.jpg

Then you better be actual Rambo or you'll be made fun of for spending a not insignificant part of your kkk rallies talking about how you can drink water one-handed and why the slope was so darn hard when the guy you're attacking for apparently being physically unfit can run up it.

40 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Mocking someone for their physical trait(s)- regardless of how miserably rotten and hypocritical they are - creates a climate that normalizes that type of behavior. If you’re content to open the can and see how many worms fly out (like Wade) then fine, but there’s no getting around the fact that condoning shitty behavior toward someone who deserves it sets it up for people who don’t.

I agree on some level ethically, but I think the needs of the moment outweigh all other considerations and potential long-term consequences. If this helps take him down and makes him a 1 term president, it's more important to the country than whatever normalization this creates. In the end, he was responsible for making our politics more like grade school bully insults. Hopefully we can get away from it later. Sometimes you have to talk shit back to a piece of shit like Trump.

2 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I agree on some level ethically, but I think the needs of the moment outweigh all other considerations and potential long-term consequences. If this helps take him down and makes him a 1 term president, it's more important to the country than whatever normalization this creates. In the end, he was responsible for making our politics more like grade school bully insults. Hopefully we can get away from it later. Sometimes you have to talk shit back to a piece of shit like Trump.

Like I said I understand the mindset of just letting shit fly at this point, but call a spade a spade. 

55 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Like I said I understand the mindset of just letting shit fly at this point, but call a spade a spade. 

I'm fine with that. We need to kick his ass out and sometimes you have to fight back with pieces of shit in this world. Throwing insults at Trump really doesn't bother me much because he's been doing this for years and no one has thrown it back. It seems to rattle him a lot so I think it's working politically. Therefore it seems justified.  When people start throwing it at others that don't deserve it is when there's a problem.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Mocking Trump for, motor control issues, incontinence, and other physical ailments, be they rumored or otherwise, is a shitty thing to do for the same reason it's shitty to go after Lindsay Graham for being a confirmed bachelor.

Is it shitty? Absolutely, but in a world today where people are getting thrown under the bus for rape allegations while Donald Trump literally got elected to the Presidency DESPITE them, I’m fine with people doing some mud slinging, especially since they rattle him more than anything.

And seriously, with 120,000 dead Americans and counting, we can’t afford four more years of this bullshit.

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Mocking Trump for, motor control issues, incontinence, and other physical ailments, be they rumored or otherwise, is a shitty thing to do for the same reason it's shitty to go after Lindsay Graham for being a confirmed bachelor.

How about when he brags about how great those motor skills are?

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Is it shitty? Absolutely, but in a world today where people are getting thrown under the bus for rape allegations while Donald Trump literally got elected to the Presidency DESPITE them, I’m fine with people doing some mud slinging, especially since they rattle him more than anything.

And seriously, with 120,000 dead Americans and counting, we can’t afford four more years of this bullshit.

This is kind of the point. There's myriad shit for which he should be held to account. Mocking the way he goes down a ramp isn't one of them, even if he's incredibly shitty about that stuff himself.

Just now, Amazatron said:

How about when he brags about how great those motor skills are?

Yes, even then. Graham is incredibly shitty when it comes to things like gay rights, that doesn't make it okay to mock him for being gay.

It's not some kind of moral high ground / be above the fray / "we must be better than them" thing, I just don't trust people to split hairs finely enough to know when it's "okay" to mock these things or to use related slurs. We shouldn't normalize mocking people for having physical disabilities, we shouldn't normalize mocking people for being gay, etc.

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Graham is incredibly shitty when it comes to things like gay rights, that doesn't make it okay to mock him for being gay.

It seems like there's a decent chance that he's being blackmailed with a threat of being officially outed. Pointing that out isn't mocking him for being gay.

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is kind of the point. There's myriad shit for which he should be held to account. Mocking the way he goes down a ramp isn't one of them, even if he's incredibly shitty about that stuff himself.

Yes, even then. Graham is incredibly shitty when it comes to things like gay rights, that doesn't make it okay to mock him for being gay.

It's not some kind of moral high ground / be above the fray / "we must be better than them" thing, I just don't trust people to split hairs finely enough to know when it's "okay" to mock these things or to use related slurs. We shouldn't normalize mocking people for having physical disabilities, we shouldn't normalize mocking people for being gay, etc.

I view it as pointing out that they are hypocritical assholes. The majority aren't mocking Graham because he's gay, solicits male prostitutes, etc.

"Being gay is the ONLY thing you should not be ashamed of." (to Lindsey Graham)

1 minute ago, Amazatron said:

I view it as pointing out that they are hypocritical assholes. The majority aren't mocking Graham because he's gay, solicits male prostitutes, etc.

"Being gay is the ONLY thing you should not be ashamed of." (to Lindsey Graham)

It's both, I think. I personally don't think there's nuance worth discussing there. It's like the lazy South Park / Louis CK take on gay slurs. Yeah I get they don't mean them as hate speech... but it is. Same thing here. I get that some people think they're not mocking Graham for being gay or Trump for having motor issues, but it still normalizes that kind of insult and that language.

Anyway, just my $0.02.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

It seems like there's a decent chance that he's being blackmailed with a threat of being officially outed. Pointing that out isn't mocking him for being gay.

That's a whole different issue than the whole Lady G dog piling. Completely valid to discuss him being potentially blackmailed, completely fair to call him a hypocrite. That's separate from dunking on him for allegedly being gay, which for sure happened as well.

33 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

It's not mocking him for being gay, it's mocking him for being a hypocrite. There's a clear difference.