Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Only some states matter, and Biden isn't set up in many of them yet

Biden's fundamentals look strong...but yeah, even if you want to reach for all the sunbelt states or even Texas (which, by all means, try!), you need to focus the most effort into the mid-west swing states and Florida.

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is Biden seriously falling into the Hillary trap of trying to run up the score in the sunbelt instead of focusing on the actual swing states in the rustbelt?

:facepalm:

GA seems to be the only outlier (but don't forget the MoE for each state)

Don't forget Biden could ride Mark Kelly's coattails in AZ (lol), plus ducey looks to be dropping a deuce on the covid response so counting it out would be silly. AZ seems to be a better bet than WI, plus it has a long history of mail in voting so that helps

I saw something the other day that showed the Democrats on track for possibly 53 Senate seats. I am telling you, if the Dems win the Presidency, House, and Senate, they need to fucking RAM through their agenda with the force of a thousand Mitch McConnells. Use up all your political capital in the first year and just pass everything over the screaming of the GOP. Nuke the filibuster and just go ham.

40 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I saw something the other day that showed the Democrats on track for possibly 53 Senate seats. I am telling you, if the Dems win the Presidency, House, and Senate, they need to fucking RAM through their agenda with the force of a thousand Mitch McConnells. Use up all your political capital in the first year and just pass everything over the screaming of the GOP. Nuke the filibuster and just go ham.

Instead, they won't propose anything without running it by McConnell first in the name of bipartisanship and a return to normality. 

56 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

Georgia showed em how to do it

Republicans: COVID-19 is a Democrat hoax and has really only impacted large Democrat cities and states

Also Republicans: We can only offer one voting site in our largest county because of COVID-19.

So for these keeping score at home,

We had the Shadow app breaking in Iowa and provably incorrect results being certified for some sites, the massive lines in Georgia, the Wisconsin primary where a Supreme Court working remotely due to a pandemic told people they had to show and vote in person in the middle of said pandemic. Now this. We don't have fairly conducted elections in this country, full stop. Whatever minimum criteria you want to set for what a free democracy's elections should look like, it's hard to make the argument that we're meeting them right now.

I gotta say, I genuinely didn't expect this. I don't know if this is more an indication of general enthusiasm for Trump plummeting, or if there's a lot more fear of the virus among the MAGA crowd than you'd think despite how loud the loudest COVID-is-a-hoax voices have been.

7 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Looks like theres plenty of room for some social distancing afterall!

And yet they still pack them in to the lower decks for optics even though they have room for a little bit of distancing.

It would be a cherry on top of the shit cake of this presidency if Trump managed to contract the virus from a disappointing crowd.