~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

6 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

It's going to be poetic justice if his efforts manages to land one or more of these trials smack dab in the middle of the election.

Honestly, since the average memory span of major Trump scandals seems to be about 2 or 3 weeks for the public and media Trump probably would be better off just getting convicted now and have the appeals process going during the election rather than have it front of mind during the election.

If someone had timed the Pussy tape a liiiiiitle better we might not have had this decade of hell to begin with.....

I thought the prosecutors here and in the other cases had a policy of not proceeding with prosecutions against candidates for office after a certain ‘point of no return’ late in the election season, and the gambit was to stall until that date?

Maybe it’s just in the Georgia case, I can’t remember.

27 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I thought the prosecutors here and in the other cases had a policy of not proceeding with prosecutions against candidates for office after a certain ‘point of no return’ late in the election season, and the gambit was to stall until that date?

I believe one (D.C. Case, I think) was given the go ahead to head for trial because charges occurred before the 6 months window of the election. 

34 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

That particular DOJ policy involves initiating prosecutions during the latter stages of an elections cycle, but that policy (theoretically) has no impact on prosecutions that began prior to the elections cycle.

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That particular DOJ policy involves initiating prosecutions during the latter stages of an elections cycle, but that policy (theoretically) has no impact on prosecutions that began prior to the elections cycle.

And also the Trump DOJ completely ignored that "best practice" so who gives a fuck.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The rich irony that the right wing has been pushing the “Biden has dementia” attack and now Trump is glitching out in front of everyone and his handlers are trying to limit his live appearances.

• True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

13 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

The rich irony that the right wing has been pushing the “Biden has dementia” attack and now Trump is glitching out in front of everyone and his handlers are trying tolimit his live appearances.

He's been hiding in his basement in Florida.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I mean, to me it seems like at this point it's like arming kids with uzis in a game of tag and then being a stickler for the no tag back rule.

Trump tries to overthrow the government.

The government in various outlets has charged him with nearly 100 felonies in a lead up to the election.

I think at a certain time and place there is merit to the no charging a candidate rule, but haven't we long since burned that bridge/whistled past that graveyard/pick your own saying?

WWW.THREADS.NET

jeez louise he’s grifting off the bible now

GODBLESSTHEUSABIBLE.COM

This beautiful, unique, & easy to read Bible (KJV version) contains the chorus to the song on the inside cover, hand-written and signed by Lee Greenwood.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m not in any way religious and even I need a shower after seeing this.

• Guillotine 2

It's not new information, but it sure is disheartening to have yet another example of the two-tiered justice system: one for you and me, and one for the ultra rich. If you or I attempted these shenanigans, our assets would be seized so fast, we'd be slapped with a contempt of court charge, etc. But this garbage person gets special treatment.. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

It's not new information, but it sure is disheartening to have yet another example of the two-tiered justice system: one for you and me, and one for the ultra rich. If you or I attempted these shenanigans, our assets would be seized so fast, we'd be slapped with a contempt of court charge, etc. But this garbage person gets special treatment.. 

huh?

I can get behind prison for Trump, but this isn’t a grift that’s illegal or uncommon. It’s what athletes have been doing for decades. Put your face on everything. 

unless you’re not talking about him selling bibles. 

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

huh?

I can get behind prison for Trump, but this isn’t a grift that’s illegal or uncommon. It’s what athletes have been doing for decades. Put your face on everything. 

unless you’re not talking about him selling bibles. 

Yeah my post wasn't about Bibles, it was in reference to his bond being lowered. 

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:

Biden will probably win Michigan and Arizona. Those states' Republican Parties are broke.

Then he wins Pennsylvania, and he cruises to reelection.

All Shapiro needs to do is campaign for Biden ONCE and he’s got PA in the bag. Shapiro has that Obama energy.

8 hours ago, MarSolo said:

All Shapiro needs to do is campaign for Biden ONCE and he’s got PA in the bag. Shapiro has that Obama energy.

Then Fetterman campaigns for Biden, relating concerns about Biden's age and mental state to concerns about his own because of the stroke and struggles with depression, pointing out what Biden has accomplished even with his so-called poor mental state, and the two of them campaign in rural areas. Biden wins Pennsylvania by 3-5 points.

Could you see Shapiro running for President someday?

6 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Then Fetterman campaigns for Biden, relating concerns about Biden's age and mental state to concerns about his own because of the stroke and struggles with depression, pointing out what Biden has accomplished even with his so-called poor mental state, and the two of them campaign in rural areas. Biden wins Pennsylvania by 3-5 points.

Could you see Shapiro running for President someday?

I think he’s next on the bench.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:40 AM, MarSolo said:
WWW.THREADS.NET

GODBLESSTHEUSABIBLE.COM

This beautiful, unique, & easy to read Bible (KJV version) contains the chorus to the song on the inside cover, hand-written and signed by Lee Greenwood.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m not religious but grew up religious so there’s a part of me that finds this to be the most offensive thing he’s done. 60 is a lot for even a hardcover Bible, much less a softcover one.

3 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

I don't think Biden has anything to worry about in Michigan. He won the state by 3 points in 2020, and the state Republican Party is broke.

The MAGA tard is strong here. Macumb county and even parts of Oakland county have a pretty strong Trump following...and then anything outside of the Wayne / Oakland / Macomb county is MAGA central outside of a few college educated towns like Ann Arbor. 

3 hours ago, Kamusha said:

I’m not religious but grew up religious so there’s a part of me that finds this to be the most offensive thing he’s done. 60 is a lot for even a hardcover Bible, much less a softcover one.

Anything that makes religion look more ridiculous is a good thing.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:40 AM, MarSolo said:
WWW.THREADS.NET

GODBLESSTHEUSABIBLE.COM

spacer.png

spacer.png

"When fascism  comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

• Halal 1

8 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

I don't think Biden has anything to worry about in Michigan. He won the state by 3 points in 2020, and the state Republican Party is broke.

I don’t think you can really make any assumptions about anything in this election, more so than usual.  We haven’t had a former president square off against an incumbent since the 19th century; we have more people telling pollsters that they dislike both candidates than we have ever had since we’ve been keeping track; and our media environment is so fragmented that no one can agree on wtf is going on.  We had an insurrection at the capitol every moment of which was broadcast on the news, yet half the country believes it didn’t happen.  We have a man running for president who was found guilty of sexual assault, with a charge for rape that a judge pronounced to be ‘substantially true’, yet half the country doesn’t even acknowledge it, and claims they’d consider voting for him.  Unemployment is historically low and economic and wage growth is stronger than its been in decades yet when polled 4 months ago six in ten Americans say they think the economy is in recession.

We are seeing a complete breakdown of the information ecosystem that allows voters to understand what’s going on in the world beyond their immediate environment, and a historic collapse of the civic norms that are the guardrails of democracy.

We are not a republic of rational politics anymore, so rational assumptions are no longer a surefire guide to what our future looks like, especially in the matter of elections.

• Sad 1
  • True 2

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I don’t think you can really make any assumptions about anything in this election, more so than usual.  We haven’t had a former president square off against an incumbent since the 19th century; we have more people telling pollsters that they dislike both candidates than we have ever had since we’ve been keeping track; and our media environment is so fragmented that no one can agree on wtf is going on.  We had an insurrection at the capitol every moment of which was broadcast on the news, yet half the country believes it didn’t happen.  We have a man running for president who was found guilty of sexual assault, with a charge for rape that a judge pronounced to be ‘substantially true’, yet half the country doesn’t even acknowledge it, and claims they’d consider voting for him.  Unemployment is historically low and economic and wage growth is stronger than its been in decades yet when polled 4 months ago six in ten Americans say they think the economy is in recession.

We are seeing a complete breakdown of the information ecosystem that allows voters to understand what’s going on in the world beyond their immediate environment, and a historic collapse of the civic norms that are the guardrails of democracy.

We are not a republic of rational politics anymore, so rational assumptions are no longer a surefire guide to what our future looks like, especially in the matter of elections.

I'm most worried about the GOP just straight up stealing the election. Enough states were won on like 10k vote margins that they could do it and have it be hard to tell for sure whether it was actually just the state swinging the other way this time.

Without the the straight up steal risk, I would feel pretty confident that Biden wins again, although no idea about the House or Senate even in that scenario.

Your reminder that the entire world threw Kathy Griffin under the bus for posting something like this when Trump

was President, but when Trump does it, it’s only Friday.

WWW.MEDIAITE.COM

Donald Trump posted a video to his Truth Social account showing a pickup truck whose tailgate featured a photoshopped image of a tied-up President Joe Biden being hauled...

• Guillotine 1