The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: deleted Arkham Asylum scene released

15 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Heather Ledger. Remember how the Internet blew up back then about him? 

I don't know who Heather Ledger is, but I remember folks not being to keen on Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker :p

Also Micheal Keaton wasn't exactly everyone's first choice either. I'm willing to give this casting the benefit of the doubt especially with Matt Reeves at the helm.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2471942/the-batmans-first-two-villains-have-reportedly-been-revealed

Get ready for some Batman Returns déjà vu, because evidently Penguin and Catwoman will be among the film’s baddies.

To be up front, this isn’t the first time we’ve heard that Penguin, real name Oswald Cobblepot, will appear in The Batman. Last summer, it was reported that both the Caped Crusader’s next movie and Birds of Prey were considering using the beak-nosed umbrella enthusiast.

However, THR did reveal today that “another purrfect character” will appear in The Batman. Granted, while Catwoman isn’t technically outright named, unless director/writer Matt Reeves is wanting to give the significantly lesser-known Batman baddie-turned-anti-hero Catman his time to shine, then we can reasonably assume this is Selina Kyle who’s being talked about.

Penguin and Catwoman have been part of The Batman mythos since almost the very beginning, although nowadays the latter is frequently depicted as an anti-hero who is still the Dark Knight’s most recurring love interest. The characters, played by Danny DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer, respectively, famously teamed up in 1992’s Batman Returns, and while that movie remains Penguin’s last live action theatrical appearance thus far, Catwoman was played in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises by Anne Hathaway.

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't know who Heather Ledger is, but I remember folks not being to keen on Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker :p

Also Micheal Keaton wasn't exactly everyone's first choice either. I'm willing to give this casting the benefit of the doubt especially with Matt Reeves at the helm.

And anybody complaining about physique of Pattinson while accepting Keaton...

Fuckin' lol

• Haha 1

This gives me a lot of hope for this project. Since Breaking Dawn, the most commercial project he's done was The Lost City of Z, which made $8.5M. He hasn't exactly been trolling for a paycheck, he's just been putting in great performances in lots of great little movies. If this is the movie that can pull him back into the spotlight, I'm hoping that means he sees something exciting about it.

I think the most interesting aspect of Batman is that he's a fundamentally broken man, and Pattinson is more than capable of pulling that off. Even with how much I enjoyed War for the Planet of the Apes, I'm still pretty wary of any DC project. I'm much more interested now.

17 hours ago, TwinIon said:

This gives me a lot of hope for this project. Since Breaking Dawn, the most commercial project he's done was The Lost City of Z, which made $8.5M. He hasn't exactly been trolling for a paycheck, he's just been putting in great performances in lots of great little movies. If this is the movie that can pull him back into the spotlight, I'm hoping that means he sees something exciting about it.

I think the most interesting aspect of Batman is that he's a fundamentally broken man, and Pattinson is more than capable of pulling that off. Even with how much I enjoyed War for the Planet of the Apes, I'm still pretty wary of any DC project. I'm much more interested now.

I mean, Matt Reeves directed not just War for the Planet of the Apes, he also directed the Let the Right One In remake Let Me In, the first (and best) Cloverfield, and the also excellent Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I'd be downright surprised if this turned out bad. 

Robert Pattinson definitely reinforces things though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

They also teased that Jeffrey Wright would be up for the role of Gordon, which is kind of a bummer in that J.K. Simmons isn't going to get a fair shot at the character... But then again, he got to return as JJ in the last Spiderman... But then that was done before Sony backed the character out of the MCU...

Soooo... hmmm :hmm: