Existence of UFOs supposedly proven by executive branch of US government

4 minutes ago, mozart_beercan69 said:

Possibly. How would you explain what is shown in the footage?

If you had an explanation, it would not be a UFO. That does not automatically mean aliens or anything like that. "Proving the existence of UFOs" is the most meaningless statement. Did we not know things could exist while not being identified in the air? Get back to me when we have clear HD footage of some sort of craft that isn't just a vague blob or orb, and even better, once we have some corpses.

I know I have for sure seen one with my mom no less about 10years ago. Driving home from grocery shopping, on a clear sunny afternoon. We noticed inn the top right corner of windshield we could see a big black oval object hovering on a like 45o angle for roughly a minute or less. We both kinda just said, are you seeing what I’m seeing and a simple yep to confirm that. We weren’t the only ones who saw it because the 6 cars ahead had also slowed the fuck down to see WTF it was and in a blink of an eye it was gone. Traffic resumed normal pace but I know what I saw.

23 minutes ago, mozart_beercan69 said:

Possibly. How would you explain what is shown in the footage?

Better question: if it was an alien ship, what detailed observations would you expect? Do claimed alien ship sightings all match a clear model, or are people just ascribing any hodge podge of vague things they don't recognize as aliens?

It's all just an Occam's Razor problem.  In order for this to be aliens, we would need to frequently have interactions with a superior race of beings that have somehow mastered faster than light travel and they... buzz our lower atmosphere for shits and giggles and then bail?  What the hell for?  Am I supposed to buy that they've figured out ways to crack interstellar travel but haven't figured out how to make a dope ass telescope so they need to get small aircraft close?

57 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

By their very name, UFOs are proven to exist simply by existing. If you mean alien ships, then this proves nothing.

On the other hand, there is no propulsion technology on Earth that can maneuver like what is seen in these clips.  If there is, there is no way a human being could survive the acceleration and deceleration forces shown.  They would have to be unmanned robotic vehicles.  They are also unlikely to be American craft - if they were, the government would simply deny the existence of the videos altogether and claim that they are simply doctored.  

18 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

On the other hand, there is no propulsion technology on Earth that can maneuver like what is seen in these clips.  If there is, there is no way a human being could survive the acceleration and deceleration forces shown.  They would have to be unmanned robotic vehicles.  They are also unlikely to be American craft - if they were, the government would simply deny the existence of the videos altogether and claim that they are simply doctored.  

Wrong. 

38 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

It's all just an Occam's Razor problem.  In order for this to be aliens, we would need to frequently have interactions with a superior race of beings that have somehow mastered faster than light travel and they... buzz our lower atmosphere for shits and giggles and then bail?  What the hell for?  Am I supposed to buy that they've figured out ways to crack interstellar travel but haven't figured out how to make a dope ass telescope so they need to get small aircraft close?

"I can't imagine what they'd be doing," isn't that great of an argument.

6 hours ago, Anathema- said:

"I can't imagine what they'd be doing," isn't that great of an argument.

It’s a legitimate argument when it is several steps down the line of infinitely improbable things to happen.

1. intelligent aliens exist

2. They have invented space travel

3. they have perfected interstellar travel

4. their interstellar space ships can also cruise foreign atmospheres no problem 

5. in the infinite vastness of space, they found our planet

6.  They decide to check out earth

7. despite countless better options of observing, they decide to physically visit

8. they decide to fly in our lower atmosphere

9. they decide to fly close enough to another aircraft that they can be spotted by the naked eye

10. That’s all they ever do, no landing, no orbiting, no communication, no long term observation

11. Either they do it multiple times with different ships nor multiple alien races do the same thing 

These things being an alien is like winning the lottery multiple times in a row, always on your birthday, which is February 29, always from a lottery ticket the wind blew in your face as you walked to your mailbox, and with the winning numbers matching your social security number.

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

It's not hard to justify skepticism but let's not pretend it's anything other than that. If we don't know what it is then, by definition, we don't know what it is.

It's not skepticism, it's plain common sense.  Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  This is not extraordinary evidence.

6 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

These things being an alien is like winning the lottery multiple times in a row, always on your birthday, which is February 29, always from a lottery ticket the wind blew in your face as you walked to your mailbox, and with the winning numbers matching your social security number.

you don't know my life!

On 4/29/2020 at 4:25 AM, LazyPiranha said:

It’s a legitimate argument when it is several steps down the line of infinitely improbable things to happen.

1. intelligent aliens exist

2. They have invented space travel

3. they have perfected interstellar travel

4. their interstellar space ships can also cruise foreign atmospheres no problem 

5. in the infinite vastness of space, they found our planet

6.  They decide to check out earth

7. despite countless better options of observing, they decide to physically visit

8. they decide to fly in our lower atmosphere

9. they decide to fly close enough to another aircraft that they can be spotted by the naked eye

10. That’s all they ever do, no landing, no orbiting, no communication, no long term observation

11. Either they do it multiple times with different ships nor multiple alien races do the same thing 

It requires fewer assumptions to say this was multiple computer malfunctions/guidance system errors/radar errors and misremembering what multiple people saw. 

#3 is the biggest one for me. Right now, it seems increasingly improbable to me that FTL is possible. It requires us revising pretty much everything we know about the fundamental laws of physics.

Edit:

#6 is potentially a weaker part of the argument. While there are plenty of earth-like planets in our galaxy, earth itself is still fairly unique. As for life itself, we only have one sample of it, so we have no idea how rare life is throughout the universe, and it's a good bet intelligent life is even rarer. My bet is life is fairly common in microbe form in hospitable environments, but intelligent life is very rare. It's possible that intelligent life is extremely rare, which means earth would be a special place to visit but would also imply there aren't many others that could have the potential to visit us, much less get past #3.

Been a fan of "The Dark Forest Theory"

"This is due to two axioms: each civilization seeks to survive, and resources are infinite. He compares the universe to a dark forest: when two predators are aware of each other’s presence in the forest, they aren’t sure if the other plans to harm them. Because of this, it is inevitable that these predators will try to destroy the other and evade any other predators before they pose a threat."

“The universe is a dark forest. Every civilization is an armed hunter stalking through the trees like a ghost, gently pushing aside branches that block the path and trying to tread without sound. Even breathing is done with care. The hunter has to be careful, because everywhere in the forest are stealthy hunters like him. If he finds another life—another hunter, angel, or a demon, a delicate infant to tottering old man, a fairy or demigod—there’s only one thing he can do: open fire and eliminate them.”

2 hours ago, Massdriver said:

#6 is potentially a weaker part of the argument. While there are plenty of earth-like planets in our galaxy, earth itself is still fairly unique. As for life itself, we only have one sample of it, so we have no idea how rare life is throughout the universe, and it's a good bet intelligent life is even rarer. My bet is life is fairly common in microbe form in hospitable environments, but intelligent life is very rare. It's possible that intelligent life is extremely rare, which means earth would be a special place to visit but would also imply there aren't many others that could have the potential to visit us, much less get past #3.

Obviously intelligent microbes are visiting earth and infecting us with Coronavirus.

On 4/28/2020 at 9:58 PM, LazyPiranha said:

Fucking teenagers... alien teenagers

• mozart_beercan69 changed the title to Existence of UFOs supposedly proven by executive branch of US government