What are you playing today?

I was playing No Man's Sky, and it was pretty good with all of the updates they finally did. But then I hit a game breaking bug and just said screw it, I'm done.

Now, I need to find another game. Like right this instant because I have a whole weekend and nothing to play. This is crisis mode right now. I may not make it.

59 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Nier Automata for PS4. 

If you had Monster Hunter we could go on hunts together. 

8 minutes ago, brucoe said:

I was playing No Man's Sky, and it was pretty good with all of the updates they finally did. But then I hit a game breaking bug and just said screw it, I'm done.

Now, I need to find another game. Like right this instant because I have a whole weekend and nothing to play. This is crisis mode right now. I may not make it.

Monster Hunter World?

My first run through it, I'm not sure I'm cut out for this game. It was just in the beginning battles, but I literally can't turn around during a fight, which means, I'm slamming at empty air in front of me while dinosaurs are eating me from behind. Figuring out the process to turn around during a fight seems like some kind of weird rocket science. And potions? Got zero clue how that works. Died with a bunch of potions in my inventory and me pressing buttons that seemed like they should have drank them but never did. I'm suspecting a lot of these problems come from it being a port because it's choosing some weird mapping process that I don't understand, and when I tried to remap, kind of gave up trying to figure it out.

14 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Might finally crack open WipeOut Omega Collection.  Been sitting on it for like a year.  Kind of in the mood for some racing.

Not that I'm demanding, but I'd love to hear some feedback (it's a game I've been looking at).  

I've played a bit of Witcher 3, though I think if I'm playing anything this evening, it'll be either retro in nature or something online.  Though I was bored and checked out the PS store (PS3) and there's a fair few games that are dirt cheap, so I may pick up something like FF9, 10 or some random PS3 game.  

As I wasn't fond of Monster Hunter World, I am trying out Empyrion - Galactic Survival. It had really good ratings on Steam, and I love me a space/survival type game (kind of why I was playing No Man's Sky before a bug basically ended the game for me). Played it a few hours last night, and can say that the beginning is a bit unforgiving. Got bit by poison, and I couldn't find herbs to make a poison andidote, so eventually I just died. Not a fan of how poison just NEVER runs out or runs its course. It was amazing how so much of the map had everything but plants with herbal leaves. Story of my life.

1 hour ago, brucoe said:

As I wasn't fond of Monster Hunter World, I am trying out Empyrion - Galactic Survival. It had really good ratings on Steam, and I love me a space/survival type game (kind of why I was playing No Man's Sky before a bug basically ended the game for me). Played it a few hours last night, and can say that the beginning is a bit unforgiving. Got bit by poison, and I couldn't find herbs to make a poison andidote, so eventually I just died. Not a fan of how poison just NEVER runs out or runs its course. It was amazing how so much of the map had everything but plants with herbal leaves. Story of my life.

Stick with MH World. The game gets better as you get farther along. It’s not a quick good feel type of game. But once you start crafting better armor and upgrading which ever weapon you’re using it really gets fun. 

On 8/18/2018 at 11:11 AM, gamer.tv said:

Not that I'm demanding, but I'd love to hear some feedback (it's a game I've been looking at).  

I've played a bit of Witcher 3, though I think if I'm playing anything this evening, it'll be either retro in nature or something online.  Though I was bored and checked out the PS store (PS3) and there's a fair few games that are dirt cheap, so I may pick up something like FF9, 10 or some random PS3 game.  

WipeOut Omega is freaking awesome.  It had been years since I played WipeOut and I fell in love all over again.  If you're a fan of the franchise or this sort of racing game, it's a no-brainer.  I don't have PSVR, but I've heard it's pretty amazing in VR.  I only have a base PS4, but I think on the Pro, it's 4K/HDR.  It's pretty on the base, so I can only imagine how it looks on Pro.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:35 PM, Captain Pickle said:

continue playing Arkham Knight and possibly finish up Zelda: lttp

God I'm itching for something new

What do you think of Arkham Knight?  I found myself being surprised (back in the day) by how much I enjoyed Arkham Asylum, namely as I thought it was a 100% stealth game.  Then like most thought Arkham City was incredible, then I was one of about 1000 people that played Arkham Origins on Wii U and also really liked it. 

I say all of this as I've heard some less than favourable comments regarding AK and it's always nice to know. 

EDIT: Sidebar to the above, I was clicking through suggested games on Amazon (when looking at nothing) and it brought me to some Wii games.  I could buy Resident Evil, 4, Goldeneye, House of the Dead 2&3 and Dead Space Extraction for about £8....

Still playing Battlefield 1. I really love the diversity of the guns in this game. I discovered I LOVE the Howell Automatic Factory. When I first tried it, I couldn't get used to how the sights were not directly over the top of the barrel. So I switched to AA sights to see if it helped and 14 service stars later, its my favorite gun in the game. The only reason I gave the gun another chance is bc it looks so cool. Then yesterday, somehow I accidentally selected support class and spawned in with the Lewis Gun, which was weird, bc I never use it. Must've accidentally selected it playing with my load outs. Well I proceeded to go on an absolute rampage with it. Wound up going 62/21 on Cape Helles. Just when I was starting to feel a little burnt, switching to a new gun makes the game feel fresh again. I love it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

What do you think of Arkham Knight?  I found myself being surprised (back in the day) by how much I enjoyed Arkham Asylum, namely as I thought it was a 100% stealth game.  Then like most thought Arkham City was incredible, then I was one of about 1000 people that played Arkham Origins on Wii U and also really liked it. 

I say all of this as I've heard some less than favourable comments regarding AK and it's always nice to know. 

EDIT: Sidebar to the above, I was clicking through suggested games on Amazon (when looking at nothing) and it brought me to some Wii games.  I could buy Resident Evil, 4, Goldeneye, House of the Dead 2&3 and Dead Space Extraction for about £8....

I only played Arkham City but I loved that one.  Knight is both a step forward and back.  All the things from City are there and somewhat improved upon.  The addition of the Batmobile would have been great if there wasn't just so damn much of it.  I don't mind the tank battles so it doesn't bother me as much as some but I could see given the amount how some were displeased.  

The opening scene did really grip me though.  Like the music and the story seems good.  If you liked City, I see no reason why you wouldn't like Knight.  Plus, its puuurdy!

• Like 1

If FFX-2 hadn't been included with FFX in the remaster I wouldn't be playing it. I decide to play it again thanks to how much time the boosters saved me with optional stuff in FFX. When I played it on PS2 I got 100% in a single run and while I never considered it to be very good I don't remember it being that bad but I'm getting annoyed by it this time. I'm on the last chapter and I'm pretty sure I won't quite hit 100%. I'm sometimes tempted to just stop and watch all the endings on Youtube (since I'll be doing that anyway to see them all) but for now I'm going to endure it and finish as much as I can on this run so that the second run I'll probably need to do can be done quickly. If it weren't for the boosters I'd probably have quit already.

Planning on playing Wolfenstein 2 -- maybe some Mr. Shift.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, ALIEN-gunner said:

Today I'm playing "Running Ethernet Cable Through Wall" because Wi-Fi fucking sucks. 

I ran a Cat 6 cable from my office to my family room -- glad to not use Wi-Fi for my consoles/Fire Cube anymore...

On 8/20/2018 at 8:57 AM, Captain Pickle said:

I only played Arkham City but I loved that one.  Knight is both a step forward and back.  All the things from City are there and somewhat improved upon.  The addition of the Batmobile would have been great if there wasn't just so damn much of it.  I don't mind the tank battles so it doesn't bother me as much as some but I could see given the amount how some were displeased.  

The opening scene did really grip me though.  Like the music and the story seems good.  If you liked City, I see no reason why you wouldn't like Knight.  Plus, its puuurdy!

Nailed it.  Everything was really enjoyable, but the tank car stuff was a bit overdone.

I too am chomping at the bit for a new game.  Spider-Man can't get here soon enough.

In the mean time, God of War new game + dropped, so i'm playing that again.  They added like 7 or 8 new armor sets! :)