What are you playing today?

9 hours ago, dualhunter said:

FFX HD, I'm at the end of the game. I got all the Celestial Weapons (on PS2 I never got Wakka's, Tidus' and Lulu's). I think it's time to start using the boosters so that fighting all the optional super enemies won't take forever.

For some reason I can’t do the damn final chocobo race to get Tidus’ weapon so I just gave up. 

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

For some reason I can’t do the damn final chocobo race to get Tidus’ weapon so I just gave up. 

On PS2 I got the lowest time you could without winning the sigil before giving up. This time I found a strategy guide, mostly involved staying on the right. You need either 12 balloons with 0 birds or 14 with 1 bird and I think I hit 15 balloons and 1 bird. I was a bit worried when I saw the time as 0 as I thought it had to be negative but I won.

Dodging lightning 200 times was a pain until I found a video showing a spot where it is easy and dodged around 240 times.

Blitzball seems so hard in the first game but once you know what you're doing and get some good players it's easy.

Persona 5.  I've finished the last 'boss' and so waiting for the change of heart.  Then some end game content and I can finally put this game to rest.  I've really enjoyed P5, but I'm looking forward to seeing the end of it so I can get into something new.

EDIT: I should have stopped myself at 'some end game content'...though I'm staring down the barrel at 76 hours, with maybe 4 to go. 

Suffice to say, I'm not going to play a JRPG for a long, long time. Despite the fact they are fantastic value for money, I need at least some instant gratification from my games.

Persona 5, finally finished at 78:58 (which is quite under the average, though I wouldn't say I rushed...bar only realising I'd missed a Confidant in the last 2 hours...)

Now the real question, what to play next.  I'm roughly 5 hours into Metroid Prime, so I think I may return to that and try to finish it (for the first time ever). I also have Breath of the Wild to finish as I've reached Ganon, but died and then lost interest.

But anyway my options for a longer game alongside that are: 

• Assassin's Creed: Origins
  • Bloodbourne
  • The Witcher 3
  • God of War
  • Horizon Zero Dawn

EDIT: So I started up MP, I'm literally one space jump from the ice beam, which is a nice point to start from.  Though I thought for a short while, due to the TV there was some kind of input lag.  Then on reading online, noticed Samus start to slowly turn without my assistance.  Changed controllers, it was the controller. 

I think I'll take a week or so off before I start a new game.  Leaning towards God of War so I can indulge in some smash/bash and will save the longer games for Autumn.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:31 AM, mikechorney said:

This weekend it will be more Watch Dogs 2 and Wolfenstein 2.  I apparently like sequels to games that begin with "W".

Actually I spent more time "reinstalling Windows 10" because my controller drivers had become corrupted and crashed my computer whenever I tried to play a game with a controller.

I was over at a buddies house last night and was pretty bored. I hopped on his computer and played a few rounds of Fortnite, but was having a hard time adjusting without my mouse. So I started digging through Steams F2P. Downloaded Paladins and had a crap load of fun, even made the two other guys there play a round or two and they really enjoyed it too. We all downloaded it when we got home and thats what we are doing now.

Still slowly working through Hollow Knight this weekend. I'm only really playing on the weekend, but it's taking me a while because it's kicking my ass :p Still making steady progress, and I think I'm approaching the first ending, but given that I don't often play these kinds of games, it's been tough!

Played a ton of Witcher 3 the past week. I think I might actually make it Skellige at some point soon. But I think I'm gonna give it a little break. Been playing some Dark Souls Remastered today. Just started a quality build. I think the problem with these games is I try to get too fancy with my builds. Just going to keep it simple and go through the game. Also use an Int build sometimes just to see how OP Dark Bead and Pursuers really are. 

9 hours ago, Biggie said:

I suck at sniping in all shooters. :lol:

shortly after that post, it clicked for me. I just suck using scoped snipers in this game. I switched over to an infanty sniper with iron sights and turned it around. I then unlocked the Martini-Henry and have been wrecking with that gun while PTFO!  And Operations is now my new favorite mode in BF1. its so good. 

• Like 1

So Im sorta in a gaming rut.  I mean, I don't play much in the summer so that's part of it.  Because I don't hunker down I stopped playing God of War and have just been rocket league'n and just booted up the Super NES mini and went through most of Super Mario (I was extremely hung over) and contemplated booting up Zelda or finishing FF 3(6).  Then it got me thinking as well as @JosephManderley  post about stardew valley...

I haven't bought a single arcade game for the PS4.  So anyone have an absolute must?

19 hours ago, Dodger said:

Played a ton of Witcher 3 the past week. I think I might actually make it Skellige at some point soon. But I think I'm gonna give it a little break. Been playing some Dark Souls Remastered today. Just started a quality build. I think the problem with these games is I try to get too fancy with my builds. Just going to keep it simple and go through the game. Also use an Int build sometimes just to see how OP Dark Bead and Pursuers really are. 

All of my Souls builds (except for DS2; fucking ADP) follow the same pattern: level VIT - END - STR equally until they are all 30-32, level STR up to 35, then get DEX to 25.  I know it's not quality but it's always worked for me.

So along with Metroid Prime (of which I played...10 minutes the other day as it's just a bit unplayable on the bigger television that we have) I tried out The Witcher 3.  I did start the game up towards the beginning of the year, but with Persona 5 looming in my mind, could never get into it.  I've literally just completed the first contract and it's fun (though I'm glad there's a robust fast travel option).

I'm hoping this will keep my going now for a few months, then I can play God of War over the winter.

1 hour ago, BuckFly said:

Madden 18.

Trying to get ready for Madden 19.

...which I will stop playing by  late September, until I pick it up again next July.

I’m super hyped for Madden this year. Have it digitally pre-ordered.   Looks like they used the frostbite engine perfectly this year. 

I got in 10min of art of fighting 2 this morning. I sucked at it but still had some fun.

i also played some Kirby battle royal and Shinobi 3ds last night. Kirby is fun in small doses, shinobi I don’t think is as good as ppl make it out to be. -.-