What are you playing today?

Played a bunch of okami today. I love the game, it's got a gorgeous style and fun gameplay, but man is the sidekick Issun annoying. He interrupts you every five minutes to either point out the blazingly obvious or he's insulting every character you meet - but if that character is a woman he goes straight pervert, calling her cutiepie, melons or busty babe - "I couldn't say no to that pair either." It's not even like an interesting character quirk, like oh, he's the dirty old perv, it's just obnoxious and jarring, and he literally stops the story from proceeding so he can obsessively comment on boobs for five lines or so. 

This game would be 200 per cent better if he wasn't in it. I'm halfway through, and he has yet to provide a funny joke, useful skill or anything positive whatsoever except ensuring I never fail to notice a set of big tits. I dread every dialog box, because it's guaranteed to be annoying and risks ruining an otherwise stellar game. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's pretty cool. A lot different from Hotline Miami though. It's more of like an overhead max payne with warping. :p

I agree that it has some different gameplay mechanics -- the teleporting, and having primarily melee combat.  But, to me, it still feels like Hotline Miami was their primary inspiration.

That said, I am enjoying it quite a bit, probably about 80% of the way through.  However, I just wish the hired a better writer (the dialog is cringe worthy), hired some voice actors, and spent more time polishing it (difficulty spikes, crashes to desktop, etc.)

I'm currently playing through Devil May Cry 3 for the first time in many years.

Still absolutely love the game but that camera is fucking dog shit for a game with such complex controls. I even like fixed camera games, but not when one of your main evasion moves depends on tilting the stick in the right direction and if you fail it just means you jump right into the attack. 

I did the Torture Chamber boss fight (Pazuzu?) last night and it took me at least twice the amount of tries because I kept fucking up the dodge roll because I'd roll into a new camera angle and therefore tilt the stick the wrong way resulting in a jump.

3 minutes ago, AndrewDean84 said:

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

It's great playing this game back on a handheld. I dont miss the large maps from World at all.  If anything, it makes me think they're worse.

I love the smaller maps and how areas are separated. I don’t really miss the QoL things from World either tbh. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Went online last night for the first time and completed 3 quests with randoms.  Online is very smooth and lag free. Good stuff man. 

Yeah I've heard the online runs pretty smoothly. No voice chat, though. Wonder if that'll be patched in later? Or if we'll have to use Nintendo's janky app thing?

8 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah I've heard the online runs pretty smoothly. No voice chat, though. Wonder if that'll be patched in later? Or if we'll have to use Nintendo's janky app thing?

Well I never used voice chat while hunting with randoms in World so I don’t mind.