~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They are supposed to be doing one way trick or treating this year.

COVID-19-SM-1200px.jpg
WWW.CDC.GOV

CDC provides credible COVID-19 health information to the U.S.

I'm considering making a candy dispenser.  I'd sit up on the roof with a long piece of pipe or gutter, and when a trick or treater comes by, I slide the candy down the gutter to the kids below.

15 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It's a straight ban in my city.

People are not happy. I'd hate to see what their Facebook update looks like, but I don't have a Facebook account so... eh.

I’m just putting a dollar-store purchased bowl with $25 worth of Halloween candy on my front porch. If some COVID infested child takes all of it instead of just one piece, I don’t care. :p 

Oh fun. Now one of my other sisters in law have tested positive. It's suspected that she got it at a fucking house party.

Problem is, she's a dumbass. Got in a fight with her roommates a day or so ago, after being exposed, and went to my mother in law's house. Brother in law let her in not knowing she was positive. 3rd sister in law, who is due with her second child in a few weeks (not the one from my previous post) dropped her first kid (age ~2) off with mother in law while the covid positive sister was still there so she could go to the OB for a check-up.

So now my mother in law, father in law(who has several comorbidities), and brother in law are in quarantine, while the sister in law who is extremely pregnant just "needs" to go out and return something to old navy. :| even her spouse has been told by his work that he's to stay at home as well.

There's a reason why my wife and I moved several hours drive away from these people. 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Oh fun. Now one of my other sisters in law have tested positive. It's suspected that she got it at a fucking house party.

Problem is, she's a dumbass. Got in a fight with her roommates a day or so ago, after being exposed, and went to my mother in law's house. Brother in law let her in not knowing she was positive. 3rd sister in law, who is due with her second child in a few weeks (not the one from my previous post) dropped her first kid (age ~2) off with mother in law while the covid positive sister was still there so she could go to the OB for a check-up.

So now my mother in law, father in law(who has several comorbidities), and brother in law are in quarantine, while the sister in law who is extremely pregnant just "needs" to go out and return something to old navy. :| even her spouse has been told by his work that he's to stay at home as well.

There's a reason why my wife and I moved several hours drive away from these people. 

I know the feeling.

I have been socially distancing from almost everyone in my family for decades.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If you want to know how bad things are in Wisconsin...they have a 25% positive test rate, and are adding 100+ people to hospital beds each day.

800BarWisconsinOpenABC.jpg
KSTP.COM

A Wisconsin judge on Wednesday temporarily blocked an order from Gov. Tony Evers’ administration limiting the number of people who can gather in bars, restaurants and other indoor places ...

:SARS-CoV-2:

MeadowsAP.jpeg
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘Could you imagine, I had to go to North Carolina to find my chief of staff?’ president says in apparent jab at key swing state

“He followed me. I said, you know what? ‘I just tested positive,’” the president told a rally crowd in Meadows’ home state. “He didn’t care. He’s in that helicopter. Hey, he’s from North Carolina.”

:lol: The only way to read that is he's calling Meadows a dumb hick.