~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

22 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Going through the comments, it seems people did some digging on this lady... her medical condition? LUPUS. Firstly, she should thank the store for not letting her in without a mask. Secondly, lupus prevents you from being able to wear a mask? That’s a new one.

I'm not too familiar with lupus, but it causes a distinct rash on the face, no? So if the rash is sore to touch, maybe wearing a mask would irritate it. I initially laughed at "I can't wear a mask because of a medical condition" too, but if it's a rash, then maybe???? 

Also yeah Trump is definitely lying about taking hydroxychloroquine. Fucker has been pushing it for so long the thought probably just popped in his head, "and I've been taking it, and I'm totally fine, totally fine. I think more people should take it, totally fine." 

2 hours ago, Brick said:

I'm not too familiar with lupus, but it causes a distinct rash on the face, no? So if the rash is sore to touch, maybe wearing a mask would irritate it. I initially laughed at "I can't wear a mask because of a medical condition too", but if it's a rash, then maybe???? 

My friend has lupus. It's an immune-deficiancy disorder where you're white blood cells over act and attack your person. Imagine being sick, and your body naturally heals itself. Lupus tries to heal your body when there are no problems with it, and it actively destroys the things that keep you healthy.

So it can cause rashes, or elevate your body temperatures, or cause you to have water retention, or joint pain, or a sensitivity to light, or any number of things that your body might only have been a little bit susceptible to when you were healthy. The double-edge sword to it is that the medication you take for treatment is an anti-psychotic which has a side affect that helps calm your white blood cells down. So if you're a sane person, taking the anti-psychotic will make you insane. My friend wouldn't sleep for days at a time, and he would repaint his bathroom and entire kitchen without really knowing why. He would eat 3 entire dinner plates at a single Denny's visit. He would go outside in the sun and be frozen in pain even if the weather was cool and calm. He became suicidal. It was just a living hell for him.

If this woman had lupus and was taking medication for it, she legit just could have been insane at that point.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, osxmatt said:

He is, though. Being that big at any age isn't healthy, but especially in your 70s.

It's why the pseudo-alpha males who view him as a manly man are confusing. He just looks like a fat old guy who needs to spray tan or apply makeup because of vanity.

6 hours ago, Brick said:

I'm not too familiar with lupus, but it causes a distinct rash on the face, no? So if the rash is sore to touch, maybe wearing a mask would irritate it. I initially laughed at "I can't wear a mask because of a medical condition too", but if it's a rash, then maybe???? 

Also yeah Trump is definitely lying about taking hydroxychloroquine. Fucker has been pushing it for so long the thought probably just popped in his head, "and I've been taking it, and I'm totally fine, totally fine. I think more people should take it, totally fine." 

My mom has lupus and largely goes unmedicated for her own personal reasons. The answer to your question regarding it affecting one’s ability to wear a mask is “no”.

Could a mask be uncomfortable if the rash happened to present itself to where the drawstrings on a mask go around the ears or where a n95-style mask presses on the face? Yes. Could you use a bandanna or scarf instead to remove that issue entirely then? Also, yes.
People with lupus are at a significantly higher risk with contracting covid and it being deadly, and, iirc, before the CDC recommended for everyone to wear a mask, those with lupus were among the groups urged to be wearing them.

The woman is an assclown. There’s no reason she wasn’t wearing the mask except to make a statement and “be special”, using lupus only as the excuse.

• Thanks 2

Many people with Lupous take immune suppressors, which have been seen to help in Covid cases as Covid likes to act like an auto-immune disease in areas and cause the body to overreact to the infection. 

if she’s on I’m immune suppressors she should wear a mask to prevent getting anything. If she is not on immune suppressors she should still be wearing a mask. 

mid the mask is uncomfortable she doesn’t have to wear it in the car or at home, but she can wear it for a short duration to go shopping when in the store. 

she’s just being obnoxious. At this point it’s being treated as an article of clothing. We don’t see videos of Karen’s getting loud over “no shirt, no shoes, no service” policies that pretty much every place has. 

4 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

My friend has lupus. It's an immune-deficiancy disorder where you're white blood cells over act and attack your person. Imagine being sick, and your body naturally heals itself. Lupus tries to heal your body when there are no problems with it, and it actively destroys the things that keep you healthy.

So it can cause rashes, or elevate your body temperatures, or cause you to have water retention, or joint pain, or a sensitivity to light, or any number of things that your body might only have been a little bit susceptible to when you were healthy. The double-edge sword to it is that the medication you take for treatment is an anti-psychotic which has a side affect that helps calm your white blood cells down. So if you're a sane person, taking the anti-psychotic will make you insane. My friend wouldn't sleep for days at a time, and he would repaint his bathroom and entire kitchen without really knowing why. He would eat 3 entire dinner plates at a single Denny's visit. He would go outside in the sun and be frozen in pain even if the weather was cool and calm. He became suicidal. It was just a living hell for him.

If this woman had lupus and was taking medication for it, she legit just could have been insane at that point.

She's also a flat earther so she's definitely batshit crazy.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

He is, though. Being that big at any age isn't healthy, but especially in your 70s.

It's why the pseudo-alpha males who view him as a manly man are confusing. He just looks like a fat old guy who needs to spray tan or apply makeup because of vanity.

You clearly haven't seen any Ben Garrison cartoons, trump looks 30 years younger and 100 lbs lighter.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-19-how-fear-anger-change-risk-perception

Even as cases of COVID-19 continue to rise in many places, some U.S. states are starting to relax social distancing guidelines. With public health experts often disagreeing with politicians pushing for reopening, in many cases individuals may decide for themselves when and how to return to society.

To be clear, for many people, the decision to re-enter society isn’t much of a choice. As states reopen businesses, furloughed workers no longer eligible for unemployment are returning to work for a paycheck. The public overall remains wary of frequenting businesses, with 44 percent saying they would be uncomfortable visiting a grocery store and 78 percent saying they would be uncomfortable eating at a restaurant, according to a Washington Post–University of Maryland poll released earlier this month. Those numbers break down along partisan lines, with Republicans more comfortable than Democrats with increased social interaction. For instance, just 10 percent of Democrats said they would be comfortable eating out at a restaurant compared with 36 percent of Republicans.

Some of the partisan divide could come down to emotions. People who respond to threats with anger, for instance, tend to downplay risks and resist risk-reduction policies — sentiments that have been playing out at “reopening” rallies. Those attending such rallies have often expressed anger and frustration at states’ stay-at-home orders, with President Donald Trump this month tweeting, “These are very good people, but they are angry.” And a second Washington Post–University of Maryland poll, released May 13, found that Republicans and Republican-leaning independents were much less worried about becoming seriously ill from COVID-19 than Democrats and Democrat-leaning independents — 44 percent compared with 68 percent.

Science can help explain how people respond differently to risks. And it can also provide clues for how to move past snap judgments to make sound choices when the answers are far from clear — a position many people now find themselves in. Science News asked Jennifer Lerner, a behavioral scientist at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, about how fear and anger influence how people perceive risk and make decisions. This interview has been condensed and edited for clarity.

A census of stars similar to the sun shows that our own star is less magnetically active than others of its kind, astrophysicists report in the May 1 Science. The result could support the idea that the sun is in a “midlife crisis,” transitioning into a quieter phase of life. Or, alternatively, it could mean that the sun has capacity for much more magnetic oomph than it’s shown in the past.

“Our sun could potentially become [as] active” as those other stars in the future, says astrophysicist Timo Reinhold of the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Göttingen, Germany.

A star’s magnetism can drive dramatic outbursts like flares and coronal mass ejections, which can cause chaos on orbiting planets (SN: 3/5/18). When these large ejections from the sun hit Earth, they can knock out satellites, shut down power grids and trigger beautiful auroras. Understanding the sun’s magnetic field is thought to be the key to predicting such outbursts (SN: 6/30/19).

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/sun-less-magnetically-active-than-similar-stars

2020 The Sun is having a midlife crisis!

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Uh what the fuck

Admittedly I don't follow him that closely, but I don't recall him getting that explicitly anti semitic before

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I'm almost convinced that's a parody of a Garrison cartoon.

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

Happy Kristallnacht is a little on the nose

It's an alter of an existing Garrison cartoon. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/welcome-to-nazi-twitter-ill-be-your-guide/486233/

This drawing, which I’ve received a number of times, holds that Donald Trump is bringing about a 4th Reich, and vampire Jews such as myself are doomed. (This is actually a pro-Trump Benjamin Garrison cartoon later defaced by an anti-Semite and spread by other anti-Semites.)  Please take note of the “Happy Kristallnacht” message in the lower right corner.

Here's the original:

Pulling Back The Establishment Curtain - Ben Garrison

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I had to Google it, and I've seen them. Maybe that's all these guys look at.

original.png

This might be the most absurd thing I've seen in a really long time and that says a lot. Holy shit.

Trump having a mullet really fits though, well played.