~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

councilwoman_vaxfight4254471412050183535
WWW.NY1.COM

She says the city has no right to ask if she's vaccinated.

“Vickie Paladino will get dragged out of nowhere ever,” the council member said. “Vickie Paladino will walk on her own two good legs. Vickie Paladino does not make a scene. Vickie Paladino uses her head, her mind and her voice.”

• Guillotine 1

19 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Is there a single (reputable) person on this board who claims COVID is or never was a serious issue? 

I don't think so! Some past members...almost certainly.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:
councilwoman_vaxfight4254471412050183535
WWW.NY1.COM

She says the city has no right to ask if she's vaccinated.

george-seinfeld-upset.gif

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Really interesting part if you haven’t kept up with this is there is a growing consensus that these VOCs emerged from people who had infections that just never went away. And to be clear, that is an entirely different thing than Long Covid.

And there it is:

This is actually a much worse idea than a fee for not getting vaccinated (administered through taxes/fines, etc), because that would convince people to get vaccinated ahead of time. The problem with anti-vaxxers is that they don't believe/understand the risk, so they might very well ignore this thinking "well I won't need healthcare, so no big deal!"

pubmed-meta-image.png
PUBMED.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

As a complement to vaccines, small-molecule therapeutic agents are needed to treat or prevent infections by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) and its variants, which cause COVID-19. Affinity selection-mass spectrometry was used for the discovery of botanical ligands to the …

I am indestructible. 

44 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I prefer working at work verses working from home.  Yes, my job (for the most part) is able to be done remotely, but I'd rather be in the office, even if it means there are relatively few people there. 

A wall of seperation between your work and home life is an underrated part of working at an office. 

• True 1

The people who have (and still) argue for natural immunity...it just baffles me. Like, yes, the goal is to have everyone be immune. But if you make everyone get the virus without prior immunity from vaccines...then you're passing everyone through a filter, and some won't survive. If the goal is to just move on with our lives (which is the goal of the grifters pushing this angle) then it makes sense—1-2% of people will die in the world, but business will continue. But the stated goal is often that natural immunity will protect people. From what, the disease they already almost died from (and some did)? Anyone who argues for natural immunity throws even bigger red flags than a standard anti-vaxxer.

24 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The people who have (and still) argue for natural immunity...it just baffles me. Like, yes, the goal is to have everyone be immune. But if you make everyone get the virus without prior immunity from vaccines...then you're passing everyone through a filter, and some won't survive. If the goal is to just move on with our lives (which is the goal of the grifters pushing this angle) then it makes sense—1-2% of people will die in the world, but business will continue. But the stated goal is often that natural immunity will protect people. From what, the disease they already almost died from (and some did)? Anyone who argues for natural immunity throws even bigger red flags than a standard anti-vaxxer.

I think you get a different answer depending on your age.  The death rate for people in their 20s (deaths/reported cases, so it is probably overstated) is 0.03%.  I can totally understand the POV of someone in their 20s who doesn't feel they need a vaccine.  I disagree with it, but I understand it.

Where it doesn't make sense to me is for people older people i.e. those in their 60s/70s, where the death rate is 2 orders of magnitude bigger at 3.3%.