~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Modern conservatism relies on an all-or-nothing approach to every situation (otherwise how else are you going to complain forever). So if the vaccines don't prevent 100% of infections then they are a failure (and more importantly, a failure for liberals).

That isn’t Doocy’s point, and Psaki sidesteps the fact that in the Omicron era with majority antibody escape, the “pandemic of the unvaccinated” talking point is invalid unless we want to redefine words for political purposes. It is still fair to say the effects of the pandemic are shouldered far more by the unvaccinated than the vaccinated, but we are no longer in a time where vaccines are stopping most infections.

Flight attendants want vaccine requirements to fly, but more because it would stop assholes from flying than reduce spread:

Anecdotally: I've only been out to one restaurant since the pandemic started, and it was about two weeks before Omicron hit (and when cases were trending to zero where I live). While there I had the chance to talk to a server. In my province, only vaccinated people have been allowed in restaurants since October. She said that prior to that it was basically only assholes going to restaurants (as the pandemic raged, vaccinated mostly stayed home to be safe), and then as soon as the passport system started there were almost no assholes going out to eat. 

More than almost anything else in society right now, I bet you could use "being double/triple" vaccinated as the ultimate asshole test/filter.

• True 1

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

More than almost anything else in society right now, I bet you could use "being double/triple" vaccinated as the ultimate asshole test/filter.

All of our board is super vaxxed and we are all a bunch of assholes

3 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Assholes to each other. I try to be as pleasant as possible with service/food/retail workers.

True true. I have actually made an effort to be even friendlier with service industry professionals because of the increased vitriol they have had to deal with, especially in the last 7-8 months with so many places being both understaffed and plain old out of product!

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

All of our board is super vaxxed and we are all a bunch of assholes

But we're lovable assholes. 

4 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Assholes to each other. I try to be as pleasant as possible with service/food/retail workers.

Ass to ass! 

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

True true. I have actually made an effort to be even friendlier with service industry professionals because of the increased vitriol they have had to deal with, especially in the last 7-8 months with so many places being both understaffed and plain old out of product!

Me as well. I am especially friendly when I enter a place and they already have signs up saying things like "please do not take your frustration out on the employees...etc." That to me says that they've been putting up with a lot of abuse.

35 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

That isn’t Doocy’s point, and Psaki sidesteps the fact that in the Omicron era with majority antibody escape, the “pandemic of the unvaccinated” talking point is invalid unless we want to redefine words for political purposes. It is still fair to say the effects of the pandemic are shouldered far more by the unvaccinated than the vaccinated, but we are no longer in a time where vaccines are stopping most infections.

Getting the booster still significantly reduces infection and transmission. We just need tor redefine the term "unvaccinated" to include those with just the initial vaccine dose.

• True 1

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Me as well. I am especially friendly when I enter a place and they already have signs up saying things like "please do not take your frustration out on the employees...etc." That to me says that they've been putting up with a lot of abuse.

My wife was picking up a to go order from a place the other day and it was just two 16-17 year olds working. They were both crying as the assistant manager straight up walked off the job. They had already shut down the dining room and were about to shut down the drive thru because they were so backed up just with online orders. My wife jumped into the kitchen (she’s a professional chef, used to have her own restaurant) and helped them get caught back up. She was mortified at the things people were saying to these kids.

The pandemic has very much revealed that anywhere from 10-30% of society don't really care about society. It's horrible what some people have had to put up with. I can't imagine working in the service industry right now. Online in my own city there were a bunch of idiots pissed off this week because they were all late for work because one of the busiest McDonalds only had 4 people show up to work (less than 1/3 the regular staff) and the drive-thru was incredibly backed up with people waiting for coffee. Fuck, if I was the fifth worker and pulled up, I would have gone home, lol.

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The pandemic has very much revealed that anywhere from 10-30% of society don't really care about society. It's horrible what some people have had to put up with. I can't imagine working in the service industry right now. Online in my own city there were a bunch of idiots pissed off this week because they were all late for work because one of the busiest McDonalds only had 4 people show up to work (less than 1/3 the regular staff) and the drive-thru was incredibly backed up with people waiting for coffee. Fuck, if I was the fifth worker and pulled up, I would have gone home, lol.

The number is much bigger than that.

• True 1

lmaooooooooo

Watch a ton of people get fucked on the fact that it's 8 TESTS not 8 BOXES (most of them come in boxes of 2).

And you're supposed to take multiple ones in a row at 24-36 hour intervals to get the most reliable results.

35 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I tipped 50% on an order of wings from top golf the other day I’m feeling pretty good up on my high horse 

What is your Top Golf strategy? I always aim from the center of the targets around 70 yards out. Easy to nail for double digits all game long, while dudebros are just swing for the fences EVERYTIME 

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I've only done Top Golf once.  My strategy?  Hold onto the club for dear life, as I was constantly worried about accidentally letting go/throwing the club out into the play area from the second deck.  This became worse as I drank more.  

The more I drink the better I become at golf.