~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

In my province, a man has kidnapped his daughter to prevent her from being vaccinated. He's even called into a web talk show while in hiding:

The host then asked the father if his daughter wants to get the vaccine. He pointed the computer camera at the seven-year-old girl.

"It can change your DNA. I don't believe God wants me to. And it can make you sick and kill you," the girl said.

The host then replied, "So it sounds like you know a little bit about what's going on, ha ha. OK. So cute!"

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Love being back in a red state

Everything he said in that video was either factually true or a reasonable opinion. The data thing is soooooooo true it really hurts. We should have the best data in the world, but honestly we don’t. So many other nations have been providing the most useful information to the world and we have a garbled mess.

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

The people who have (and still) argue for natural immunity...it just baffles me. Like, yes, the goal is to have everyone be immune. But if you make everyone get the virus without prior immunity from vaccines...then you're passing everyone through a filter, and some won't survive. If the goal is to just move on with our lives (which is the goal of the grifters pushing this angle) then it makes sense—1-2% of people will die in the world, but business will continue. But the stated goal is often that natural immunity will protect people. From what, the disease they already almost died from (and some did)? Anyone who argues for natural immunity throws even bigger red flags than a standard anti-vaxxer.

He didn’t and doesn’t advocate for natural immunity over vaccination. He has regularly advocated for vaccination. His point has been for over a year now that we have known infection derived immunity produced strong B and T cell immunity and ignoring that is bad policy. The South Africa experience with Omicron proved his point.

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

He didn’t and doesn’t advocate for natural immunity over vaccination. He has regularly advocated for vaccination. His point has been for over a year now that we have known infection derived immunity produced strong B and T cell immunity and ignoring that is bad policy. The South Africa experience with Omicron proved his point.

I wasn't referring to that guy, just the people who have/had advocate for what I was describing.

More graphs from Ontario:

Cases definitely dropping now, but deaths starting to spike. 

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I wasn't referring to that guy, just the people who have/had advocate for what I was describing.

More graphs from Ontario:

Cases definitely dropping now, but deaths starting to spike. 

My understanding is that Omicron time tables are all sped up, meaning time from infection to symptoms and either getting sicker or better is all happening quicker.

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

My understanding is that Omicron time tables are all sped up, meaning time from infection to symptoms and either getting sicker or better is all happening quicker.

This is correct, this also includes shortening of hospital stays which is useful when comparing hospitalization numbers in different waves. There is very impactful difference when you decrease the average duration of hospitalization by 50%, which is a figure the CEO of the Texas Medical Center (all the major hospitals in Houston) talked about last week.

It still isn’t great having some many admissions, but when you are now sending a lot of them home 24-36 hours later, the crunch is not as severe.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is correct, this also includes shortening of hospital stays which is useful when comparing hospitalization numbers in different waves. There is very impactful difference when you decrease the average duration of hospitalization by 50%, which is a figure the CEO of the Texas Medical Center (all the major hospitals in Houston) talked about last week.

It still isn’t great having some many admissions, but when you are now sending a lot of them home 24-36 hours later, the crunch is not as severe.

If things are happening faster I have no idea where I got my case from then, my last interaction with was a group was new years day, that was 10+ days ago. I work from home and haven't been out in public since then.

2 minutes ago, elbobo said:

If things are happening faster I have no idea where I got my case from then, my last interaction with was a group was new years day, that was 10+ days ago. I work from home and haven't been out in public since then.

Could be a Delta infection? It’s still out there

18 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I prefer working at work verses working from home.  Yes, my job (for the most part) is able to be done remotely, but I'd rather be in the office, even if it means there are relatively few people there. 

17 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

A wall of seperation between your work and home life is an underrated part of working at an office. 

I absolutely couldn't agree more!

I REALLY can't stand WFH at all.

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I absolutely couldn't agree more!

I REALLY can't stand WFH at all.

It's nice to have the option to WFH when it's convenient, but having to do it is miserable. Maybe it'd be different if I had a spare room that I could use exclusively as an office, but I live in a one bedroom apartment. My options are the couch, which is ergonomically awful, my dining room table, which just took over my life, or my computer desk in my bedroom, which is all kinds of miserable.

35 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Well Omicron is insanely infectious so you don't really need a gathering for it, also are you symptomatic or just tested positive and asymptomatic, because you can test positive for months after an infection, so 12 days is well within that time frame.

I am actively sick right now, feels like a head cold with a cough. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Husband's current job is all remote. He had a standing desk so he can alternate. Or he can take his work laptop downstairs if it's slow. For the most part, it's convenient for him.

Having the option of a standing desk (mine moves up and down at the push of a button) is a great thing to have

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Having the option of a standing desk (mine moves up and down at the push of a button) is a great thing to have

Yeah, that's what he has. He made his own desk years ago with a door slab from Home Depot. Couple years ago, he bought the stuff to convert it to a standing desk, so it's a button push to get it the height he wants.

9 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Hulk Hogan is a conspiracy nut:

AAd7DDAACy0G.jpg

Let's see what the Iron Sheik feels as of 2022:

"Did you hear Steve died? He got the vaccine last week. I bet it was that." 

"He was shot." 

"Yeah, shot with the jab! Checkmate, libtard."