~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I returned back to work today and found out all but 1 manager was out sick with it. So the one manager and our store lead ran the store for 6 days, open until close. I’m still not over it completely and feels like my long hauler Covid symptoms when they were at their worse. Back to where it’s food and the lack of interest in eating it, let alone smell it at times. My sleep sucks, night sweats, lacking energy, and my go to weed isn’t hitting like it use too. Now laugh all you want about that one but it is usually a sign of my LH stuff coming in. When I got my Covid shot, my weed started to work properly for me again and hoping booster will do the same. (Just need to find an appointment) Plus my mom seems to of come down with Omicron and seems 4-5 days behind me at my worse. The only thing that is concerning her and me, is that she is feeling a slight pain in the lungs. She doesn’t know if it was how she was sitting with the dogs or part of Covid again. She worries a bit because her first shot was Astra Zeneca and Moderna for her 2nd.

Not to add to the brother in law dog pilling, but the week after being around my wife's BIL, both he and his son got flu like symptoms and tested positive for covid.  Luckily it seems they were exposed after we had left the Monday after xmas.  They decided it would be very smart to do a bar crawl for boxing day  😂

I started back at work today, and I'm a bit nervous, even though I have both vaccine shots and just received my booster a few days ago. I teach college in Texas and suspect that with how crappy people are about handling the virus, it's somewhat inevitable.

FIvhq8FXsAAVW5M?format=png&name=medium

Someone on resetera posting something of a joke timeline for people's reactions to this wave:

• Yeah cases are high, but hospitalizations are low
  • Yeah hospitalizations are rising, but ICU is low
  • Yeah ICU is high, but people on vents are low
  • Yeah vents are high, but deaths are still low (current)

The next will presumably be something like "yeah deaths are high, but those people were going to die anyway, for most it's a flu."

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Conservative anti-vaxxers have decided the new way to treat/prevent COVID is...testosterone suppressants?

The chuds are turning themselves into soy boy beta cucks to own the libs and I'm here for it.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Conservative anti-vaxxers have decided the new way to treat/prevent COVID is...testosterone suppressants?

I just went through a bottle of this and still don't have COVID.

GLOBALFORMULAS.COM

BioTest takes testosterone enhancement to a new level, promoting lean muscle gains through a series of several ultra-high potencies, cutting-edge standardized extracts. BioTest will optimize muscle...

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I just went through a bottle of this and still don't have COVID.

GLOBALFORMULAS.COM

BioTest takes testosterone enhancement to a new level, promoting lean muscle gains through a series of several ultra-high potencies, cutting-edge standardized extracts. BioTest will optimize muscle...

:rofl:

• True 1

my dad is super into christianity and a lot of it doesn't make any sense. i don't understand the holy ghost thing either. he's actually pretty into trying to prove christianity as a fact which is probably because i always push back on the crap he says. so he has these conversations with me where he completely jumps to conclusions based on nothing but is like "no, that's a fact". and im just left confused. 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I’m not going to be allowed in the hospital to witness my first child being born. Fucking bullshit. Thank you antivaxxer selfish assholes.

That sucks. Isn't your wife allowed 1 support person? Is that still the case and someone else in the family will be that?

When me and my wife had ours she was allowed 1 support person, that could not swap, pre delivery then post delivery you were allowed 1 person/visitor to be in the hospital at a time but you could swap people. So I was with my wife most of the time except when I went out for food one day after delivery to allow my mother in law to come stay for a few hours.

40 minutes ago, chakoo said:

That sucks. Isn't your wife allowed 1 support person? Is that still the case and someone else in the family will be that?

When me and my wife had ours she was allowed 1 support person, that could not swap, pre delivery then post delivery you were allowed 1 person/visitor to be in the hospital at a time but you could swap people. So I was with my wife most of the time except when I went out for food one day after delivery to allow my mother in law to come stay for a few hours.

Yeah, this is the same policy I’ve seen from all my friends and family who have had Covid era babies, even during surges where restrictions tightened.

2 hours ago, chakoo said:

False alarm I’m going sorry haha! The receptionist didn’t know wtf she was talking about. I was ready to change hospitals.

• Like 5