~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Moments after Trudeau announced that all federal workers must be vaccinated, as well as all federally regulated industries (banking, transportation, etc), as well as mandatory vaccination required for all people flying in Canada (and on trains, ships), the Conservatives announce that they are morons and don't want to win the election:

This right after a pollster said their results show 80%+ approval for mandatory vaccinations for flying, and with the Conservatives closest to the lowest they've ever been in the polls.

So I lost my second shot receipt. Can I get something from gov? A passport would be nice

Since work is going to require it now, some people are throwing fits. One nurse said she's just going to retire, because her religion won't allow her to get it. She's Church of Christ. Not sure why she says that, I know quite a few from that denomination who got it. A secretary said she can't get it because she's "religious." But she just posted a photo of herself at a club wearing a dress that was see-through with a black thong. Ummm, does Jesus approve?

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Since work is going to require it now, some people are throwing fits. One nurse said she's just going to retire, because her religion won't allow her to get it. She's Church of Christ. Not sure why she says that, I know quite a few from that denomination who got it. A secretary said she can't get it because she's "religious." But she just posted a photo of herself at a club wearing a dress that was see-through with a black thong. Ummm, does Jesus approve?

Maybe she's a Sexatarian.

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I dunno, did he like the photo?

• Haha 1

Updated Hospital Visitor Policy

As of August 11, 2021, new California Department of Public Health (CDPH) regulations require all visitors to the hospital to be fully vaccinated or provide a negative COVID-19 test result taken within the previous 72 hours. Fully vaccinated means at least 2 weeks after the final dose in either a 2 dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna) or the single dose series (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen).

21 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Lost a 25 year old covid pneumonia patient tonight. Unvaccinated, been on a vent. Maxed on pressors. Really nothing else to be done. 

25?! I can't imagine what his family is feeling losing someone that young.

Friend texted me on Wednesday. She’s Philly PD, and while a bit skeptical of the virus being lethal to her (she’s in her 40s) and the vaccine “being rushed”, she got Moderna back in March as she “deals with the public too much not to get vaccinated”. I’ve been trying to convince her “covid vaccine skeptic” son who is also a friend of mine to get the vaccine for several months (convinced him to at least get the J&J, and he finally did about 6-8 weeks back):

23-D4-DDE8-EB33-4277-8454-1-DA25-C4-CF3- 
9276894-E-4-A2-D-44-A9-ADAE-FF99-AC71317
D2-A98915-47-E5-4-A40-8-A6-A-73-FBFDA69-

She went on to thank me for convincing her son to get vaccinated.

• Like 8

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but it appears you are about

• 90x more likely to catch COVID-19
  • 293x more likely to be hospitalized
  • 2,980x more likely to end up in ICU

If you are unvaccinated compared to fully vaccinated. Ontario is now putting out their daily stats, and then adjusting them for population vaccinated/unvaccinated.

10 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Lost a 25 year old covid pneumonia patient tonight. Unvaccinated, been on a vent. Maxed on pressors. Really nothing else to be done. 

So what you're saying is they died of pneumonia and the hospital said it was COVID for some fat checks, got it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Friend texted me on Wednesday. She’s Philly PD, and while a bit skeptical of the virus being lethal to her (she’s in her 40s) and the vaccine “being rushed”, she got Moderna back in March as she “deals with the public too much not to get vaccinated”. I’ve been trying to convince her “covid vaccine skeptic” son who is also a friend of mine to get the vaccine for several months (convinced him to at least get the J&J, and he finally did about 6-8 weeks back):

23-D4-DDE8-EB33-4277-8454-1-DA25-C4-CF3- 
9276894-E-4-A2-D-44-A9-ADAE-FF99-AC71317
D2-A98915-47-E5-4-A40-8-A6-A-73-FBFDA69-

She went on to thank me for convincing her son to get vaccinated.

Good job.

My aunt is dying, and I honestly am having a really hard time summoning any sympathy. We all tried to talk sense into her, but she went completely qanon crazy. 

The next day or two will decide if she makes it. Her daughter said shes unconscious on a vent. But what bothers me is its hurting my grandparents.

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Good job.

My aunt is dying, and I honestly am having a really hard time summoning any sympathy. We all tried to talk sense into her, but she went completely qanon crazy. 

The next day or two will decide if she makes it. Her daughter said shes unconscious on a vent. But what bothers me is its hurting my grandparents.

For sure. Even if someone's death in this situation is less sympathetic, it causes harm to those they love, as well as taking away ICU beds from others.

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

For sure. Even if someone's death in this situation is less sympathetic, it causes harm to those they love, as well as taking away ICU beds from others.

I'm afraid I'm walking into a shit show tonight. I've had this patient who has pneumonia and he's a lot sicker than I'd expect from a guy his age and such. He's requiring a lot of O2 and laboring and probably needs to be moved to the unit, or at least intermediate care, but he's still on my floor. We're so short on beds. Coworker texted me today and said they were worried he had covid, based on the radiology images(he is fully vaxxed), but his swab came back negative.

Last night, I had a patient suddenly develop a tension pneumothorax( a medical emergency) and it took a minute to find an ICU bed because everything is so full.

ER has so many ICU holds because there's just no place to put them. It's bad.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm afraid I'm walking into a shit show tonight. I've had this patient who has pneumonia and he's a lot sicker than I'd expect from a guy his age and such. He's requiring a lot of O2 and laboring and probably needs to be moved to the unit, or at least intermediate care, but he's still on my floor. We're so short on beds. Coworker texted me today and said they were worried he had covid, based on the radiology images(he is fully vaxxed), but his swab came back negative.

Last night, I had a patient suddenly develop a tension pneumothorax( a medical emergency) and it took a minute to find an ICU bed because everything is so full.

ER has so many ICU holds because there's just no place to put them. It's bad.

But at least your governor feels bad for banning mask mandates.