~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_2dc75078-fc7b-11eb-a04d-8f9b3ec919cf.html

'No beds anywhere': As COVID wards expand, Louisiana's small hospitals have nowhere to turn
Big hospitals won't take transfers, so small ones discharge early or wait for someone to die

But the big hospitals, struggling to treat record numbers of COVID-19 patients, weren't accepting transfers. The only way Anderson could find a bed for emergency patients struggling with heart attacks, brain injuries, COVID and other serious health issues was to figure out how to discharge admitted patients early - or for someone to die.

"The system is so packed that people who come in with a stroke, with a heart attack, with life-threatening conditions, we are unable to deal with it," Anderson said. "We are unable to transfer patients to any hospital in Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Missouri. There are no beds anywhere."

95670a9241ea4adb9dc7c4c767dff46a-750.jpe
NEWSEU.CGTN.COM

Panta Petrovic has been social distancing for more than 20 years – since he moved into a cave in the Serbian mountains to break away from society.

"It [the virus] does not pick. It will come here, to my cave, too," said the man, who chose to turn his back on living with other people at the start of the century.

"I want to get all three doses, including the extra one. I urge every citizen to get vaccinated, every single one of them," he told AFP in his cave on Stara Planina mountain in southern Serbia.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jason said:
95670a9241ea4adb9dc7c4c767dff46a-750.jpe
NEWSEU.CGTN.COM

Panta Petrovic has been social distancing for more than 20 years – since he moved into a cave in the Serbian mountains to break away from society.

He’s not worried, only because he knows the 5G coverage is still shitty around him. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

You won't believe which 8 states have uncontrolled outbreaks. Well, NV is a bit of an outlier:

WWW.MSN.COM

These 8 States Have "Out of Control" COVID Outbreak

ZdRTrFe.png

Nevada is below 50% vaccinated, plus you know people from those other seven state are partying it up in Vegas. 

38 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

I've generally stopped worrying about these types of gatherings. I, myself, attended the Indycar race a couple weekends ago and there were approximately 100,000 people expected there. But, like the state fair, it was all outdoors. Based on my understanding, outdoor gatherings carry less risk in general (but if people are packed tight, there's a greater risk). 

That is to say, Wilson County is <50% vaccinated, staunchly conservative and pro-Trump, and generally lax about things. This fair gets statewide attendance. AND all of our hospital ICUs are at capacity. 

4 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I've generally stopped worrying about these types of gatherings. I, myself, attended the Indycar race a couple weekends ago and there were approximately 100,000 people expected there. But, like the state fair, it was all outdoors. Based on my understanding, outdoor gatherings carry less risk in general (but if people are packed tight, there's a greater risk). 

That is to say, Wilson County is <50% vaccinated, staunchly conservative and pro-Trump, and generally lax about things. This fair gets statewide attendance. AND all of our hospital ICUs are at capacity. 

Isn't Sturgis mostly outdoors?

1 minute ago, Firewithin said:

sturgis is just a big gay biker orgy so of course the covid will spread there

Just because a bunch of fags showed up, doesn’t mean they’re all gay.

bar bikers GIF by South Park

The guy who trained me on projection some 20 years ago, attended this event once. He said that yeah that he saw tons of people actually lying in the streets or on their bikes fucking each other. He said it was wild and interesting to say the least. He would never attend it again, as once was enough for he and his wife

• Haha 1

Tough to say if the infection numbers should be taken seriously (since fully vaxxed could be asymptomatic carriers), but for the hosp/ICU numbers that matter, the data from the past week in Ontario indicates:

• You have a 95% reduced chance to be hospitalized if fully vaxxed
  • You have a 99% reduced chance to be in the ICU if fully vaxxed

image.png?width=1200&coordinates=0%2C0%2
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

A right-wing Catholic cardinal who expressed skepticism of the coronavirus vaccines has been placed on a ventilator after his infection with the potentially deadly virus.Cardinal Raymond Burke...

• Like 2

Some areas of Louisiana only days away from refusing ambulance trips to hospital for sick people:

5f272876-4d03-4bfe-ae73-ae7eaceed9b9_114
WWW.WWLTV.COM

Louisiana’s hospitals are struggling with an avalanche of COVID-19 cases that threatens to crater the state’s health care delivery system.

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

You won't believe which 8 states have uncontrolled outbreaks. Well, NV is a bit of an outlier:

WWW.MSN.COM

These 8 States Have "Out of Control" COVID Outbreak

ZdRTrFe.png

No Nevada isn't really an outlier. Between tourism bringing things in and the rurals fighting tooth and nail over any protective measures, it does not surprise me that we are in the situation that we are in here. Elko County just seen 2 school board members and superintendent resign suddenly after anti-maskers got their way on a vote that seen dead animal dumped on the lawns of those that supported masking in the district. Churchill County School District is advising teachers to go get doctor's notes to get around mask requirements put in place because of their elevated risk status. Teachers that are worried there are being threatened by parents and some staff if they want to wear masks. Our local hospital is having an outbreak on the elderly center because the nurses here refuse the vaccine and get pissed off that they have to mask in the hospital. Hell, I was bitched at by a lady on a oxygen machine at the local hardware store today because I had a mask on. Like "Bitch, I am doing this just in case I run in to people like you that struggle to breathe normal air." Outside of Reno, Carson City and the Las Vegas area (even in Clark County with some) Nevada wishes it was a Southern state. 

6 hours ago, Firewithin said:

In unrelated news 

vaccines-conservatives-democrats-republi
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Dr. Michelle Fiscus says that some Tennessee conservatives are refusing COVID-19 vaccines to avoid doing "what the Biden administration wants them to do."

4 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

In unrelated news 

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Dr. Michelle Fiscus says that some Tennessee conservatives are refusing COVID-19 vaccines to avoid doing "what the Biden administration wants them to do."

The absolute dumbest people alive

16 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

No Nevada isn't really an outlier. Between tourism bringing things in and the rurals fighting tooth and nail over any protective measures, it does not surprise me that we are in the situation that we are in here. Elko County just seen 2 school board members and superintendent resign suddenly after anti-maskers got their way on a vote that seen dead animal dumped on the lawns of those that supported masking in the district. Churchill County School District is advising teachers to go get doctor's notes to get around mask requirements put in place because of their elevated risk status. Teachers that are worried there are being threatened by parents and some staff if they want to wear masks. Our local hospital is having an outbreak on the elderly center because the nurses here refuse the vaccine and get pissed off that they have to mask in the hospital. Hell, I was bitched at by a lady on a oxygen machine at the local hardware store today because I had a mask on. Like "Bitch, I am doing this just in case I run in to people like you that struggle to breathe normal air." Outside of Reno, Carson City and the Las Vegas area (even in Clark County with some) Nevada wishes it was a Southern state. 

I sarw em! That is to say I seen em.

25 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Some areas of Louisiana only days away from refusing ambulance trips to hospital for sick people:

5f272876-4d03-4bfe-ae73-ae7eaceed9b9_114
WWW.WWLTV.COM

Louisiana’s hospitals are struggling with an avalanche of COVID-19 cases that threatens to crater the state’s health care delivery system.

I know we saw NY stressed to the breaking point but I always wondered if we would ever see an outright collapse of a hospital system in the US. Guess we might finally see it as Dr & Nurses are really at the breaking point in these states.

I honestly don't know how this country hasn't self imploded on itself long ago...

RHMX42X2BUI6XEI4KJF4RNUPC4.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The number of new daily covid-19 hospital admissions and ICU admissions in Texas are both nearing peak levels not seen since December.

Joel Valdez isn’t in the hospital for covid-19, but he’s feeling its effect.

For 10 days, Valdez has been in a hospital bed at Ben Taub Hospital in Houston awaiting surgery after he was shot six times outside a grocery store as an unlucky bystander to a domestic dispute.

“Having broken bones and bullets in me for over a week now, it’s a little frustrating,” Valdez told KRIV over the weekend.

He tallied his injuries, which include a neck wound and three gunshot wounds to a left shoulder that’s in need of surgery: “Everybody is really surprised I’m still in this bed a week later.”

1 hour ago, Air_Delivery said:

In unrelated news 

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

"Spite" is 100% the entire fucking policy position of the entire right wing in North America right now. Gay people want rights? Fuck'em! People want to be treated fairly? Fuck'em! People want to not die? Fuck'em!