~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

13 minutes ago, Jason said:
00virus-kids-long-1-videoSixteenByNine30
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Lingering physical, mental and neurological symptoms are affecting children as well as adults, including many who had mild reactions to the initial coronavirus infection.

The red state die off that conservatives are now attempting to blame anyone but themselves on was the most predictable thing in the world as we watched the vaccination rates come in earlier this year.

In a month or two, I suspect that devastating Covid numbers from school outbreaks will be the next totally predictable thing that conservatives will try to blame everyone but themselves on.

There are some really worrisome factors lining up. We haven't really tried to open schools in the Covid era, so this is all uncharted territory. Delta and whatever coming next being more communicable and possibly more severe for kids. Kids under 12 can't get vaccinated.

And on top of that, you have red states playing political games to see who can out stupid one another.

It's been days since I read about that Texas rule saying schools don't have to inform parents when there is a positive case in their child's class and I am still stunned whenever I think about it.

How that can be allowed is staggering. We have become numb to this type of thing after 4 years of Trump but if that type of willful negligence is not breaking some kind of law, than the law and system as a whole has failed. 

• Sad 1

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0809%2Fr893683_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson is back with the team after testing positive for COVID-19 for a second time, but he remains noncommittal about getting vaccinated.

How we gonna combat global warming when we cant even convince people who got covid multiple times to get a vaccine?  Fucking hell

10 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0809%2Fr893683_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson is back with the team after testing positive for COVID-19 for a second time, but he remains noncommittal about getting vaccinated.

How we gonna combat global warming when we cant even convince people who got covid multiple times to get a vaccine?  Fucking hell

God vaccinated him twice, what’s the problem?

42 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

The red state die off that conservatives are now attempting to blame anyone but themselves on was the most predictable thing in the world as we watched the vaccination rates come in earlier this year.

In a month or two, I suspect that devastating Covid numbers from school outbreaks will be the next totally predictable thing that conservatives will try to blame everyone but themselves on.

There are some really worrisome factors lining up. We haven't really tried to open schools in the Covid era, so this is all uncharted territory. Delta and whatever coming next being more communicable and possibly more severe for kids. Kids under 12 can't get vaccinated.

And on top of that, you have red states playing political games to see who can out stupid one another.

It's been days since I read about that Texas rule saying schools don't have to inform parents when there is a positive case in their child's class and I am still stunned whenever I think about it.

How that can be allowed is staggering. We have become numb to this type of thing after 4 years of Trump but if that type of willful negligence is not breaking some kind of law, than the law and system as a whole has failed. 

There absolutely will be a ‘school outbreaks are happening because Democrats allow DREAMers into our schools’ tweet. I’d bet all of @sblfilms money on that happening. 

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

This is factually incorrect, and goes back to the same faulty reporting last year about lack of ICU beds.

Hospitals have base ICU bed capacities that they intentionally set to be close to full all year long, they have tiered bed space they add as need arises.

Here is just the Texas Medical Center, a large collection of hospitals inside the loop, but not all hospitals in Houston

TMC-COVID-19-Monitoring-Metrics-8-9-2021

Abbott is trash, but lying about the situation isn’t helping anyone.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is factually incorrect, and goes back to the same faulty reporting last year about lack of ICU beds.

Hospitals have base ICU bed capacities that they intentionally set to be close to full all year long, they have tiered bed space they add as need arises.

Here is just the Texas Medical Center, a large collection of hospitals inside the loop, but not all hospitals in Houston

TMC-COVID-19-Monitoring-Metrics-8-9-2021

Abbott is trash, but lying about the situation isn’t helping anyone.

Honestly the biggest thing to worry about is doctor and nurse burnout

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2021 at 1:13 PM, Zaku3 said:
razer-project-hazel-og.jpg
WWW.RAZER.COM

Razer's prototype of the most intelligent mask ever created, featuring surgical N95 respirator, active ventilation, and an auto-sterilization function.

RGB mask. Sign me up.

spVWQK34SRQiqFWEpbEzwe-1200-80.png
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The Razer Zephyr, formally known as Project Hazel, heads into public beta testing.

Not sure if it's better to put this here or in the CEB community thread, but...

I mentioned a couple pages back that a couple of my conservative, anti-mask, anti-vax family members caught COVID. One of them had a monoclonal antibody infusion and then IV fluids at least twice so far but seems to be on the mend. 

The other aunt and uncle I have no idea, haven't gotten any updates from them. Guessing they're not too bad or else I'd hear about it, but who knows. 

I also learned that one other great uncle (my grandma's brother) died of COVID a few days ago. He was a sweet, funny guy in his late 70s that was always so kind and charming in a quirky way. He was fully vaccinated but had had other health issues (including a kidney transplant a few years ago) and he had smoked for decades before finally quitting maybe 15 years ago. Pretty sure he caught it from the uncle and aunt that are going to be just fine. Sigh.  I mostly feel bad for my grandma. 

Meanwhile, my younger sister refuses to get vaccinated because she doesn't trust big pharma and is trusting her immune system to get her through. 

I'm sure in the morning I'll feel better, but tonight I'm just so tired of people being selfish assholes. :(

• Sad 6

My sister didn’t get vaccinated over concerns it would effect her ability to get pregnant, wherever she got that idea, and caught COVID shortly after moving to Texas. She’s doing okay, but she has to return to work now because it’s past her 14 day quarantine and she said she still hasn’t regained all of her energy back. I really hope she recovers, and was sad to hear how she was don’t, but I’m still disappointed in her from doing her part to prevent this.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:
Screen%20Shot%202021-08-09%20at%205.05.2
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘Ma’am, your kid does not need a Covid shot. Your kid needs a f***in’ treadmill,’ former Team USA Paintball player Jessica Maiolo appears to say in video

Would of been better if she shoved her foot in her mouth, but shot it instead. Plus there is fucking Team USA Paintball team?