~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

18 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:
A3HKSKZUWFLDBEVLOWCDMSRYEI.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

The following is a roundup of some of the latest scientific studies on the novel coronavirus and efforts to find treatments and vaccines for COVID-19.

It says people who got either Pfizer or Moderna may need a Moderna booster soon. Hopefully the increased effectiveness/durability is just because Moderna has a higher mRNA load, and that therefore my Pfizer booster will have my protection back up.

35 minutes ago, Joe said:

Yeah it’s looking like you were right. I knew I got a B12 shot!

LOL seriously your dose timing isn't important. :p

How many months out are you from your second dose? I don't know if it's worth it if you're less than five months out but if you're at that point just schedule a first dose appointment in New York or Pennsylvania and get yourself a booster, I had to give fake info since it wasn't feasible for me to drive out of state, but I think if you go across state lines they won't be able to see your existing doses. I did a third Pfizer since that's what they're doing in Israel but you could even just go for a Moderna. 

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

Would of been better if she shoved her foot in her mouth, but shot it instead. Plus there is fucking Team USA Paintball team?

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah @XxEvil AshxX's girls play on it

Yeah we've had a girl or two that has been on Team USA. Coincidentally, one of our girls who played in Dallas a while back was basically bullied out of the sport by another female paintballer. I'll give you one guess who that bully was.

There's a whole lot of "nah nah nah nah" being sung right now, if you know what I mean.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jason said:

It says people who got either Pfizer or Moderna may need a Moderna booster soon. Hopefully the increased effectiveness/durability is just because Moderna has a higher mRNA load, and that therefore my Pfizer booster will have my protection back up.

I wonder what my immunity is like having both the Pfizer and Moderna in me. I had Pfizer first and had a worse time recovering from that shot then my 2nd shot which was the Moderna. Although it made my arm sting like hell in comparison to the Pfizer shot going in. Plus I was suppose to have a worse reaction on the first shot anyways because I already had Covid itself.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

LOL seriously your dose timing isn't important. :p

How many months out are you from your second dose? I don't know if it's worth it if you're less than five months out but if you're at that point just schedule a first dose appointment in New York or Pennsylvania and get yourself a booster, I had to give fake info since it wasn't feasible for me to drive out of state, but I think if you go across state lines they won't be able to see your existing doses. I did a third Pfizer since that's what they're doing in Israel but you could even just go for a Moderna. 

I got my first Moderna dose in February, and my second dose in March.  Should I be worried?

4 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm curious if there is a correlation between people who had stronger side effects from the second shot to how much the protection drops off over time.

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

I got my first Moderna dose in February, and my second dose in March.  Should I be worried?

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

No.

And it's still decent odds my third Pfizer shot was for nothing. And if I was just staying in Los Angeles I probably wouldn't have bothered. But with three flights (two of them cross-country) and a train ride this month I figured I may as well do everything I can short of not getting on the plane in the first place. Seemed worth it given best case, I got myself extra protection, worst case, it wasn't going to hurt me or anything, I just got a third dose and had some minor side effects for a bit for no reason.

It’s something else seeing people who have told you there is no reason to get a Covid shot because they are healthy now complaining they are out of work for 10-14 days because they tested positive and they have no sick/personal days to use so they are just out two weeks pay. And the shot is free 😬

28 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It’s something else seeing people who have told you there is no reason to get a Covid shot because they are healthy now complaining they are out of work for 10-14 days because they tested positive and they have no sick/personal days to use so they are just out two weeks pay. And the shot is free 😬

I don't know if you're heard, but freedom isn't free!

• Haha 2

So, my crackpot Trumper, anti-vaxx aunt is hospitalized with covid. She's in bad shape. Last night she facetimed my grandparents, and the highlight of the convo was "why didn't anyone tell me how bad it was!" (While wheezing and coughing). My grandfather said, "We did, you called us sheep". 

This is the same aunt who called the cops, saying we were holding my grandparents hostage last spring because we wouldn't let her visit them without a mask. Thankfully its a small town, and the cops know us, and know my aunt is an idiot. 

Apparently today she's on a vent .. waiting to hear from her daughter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

40 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Know whats even more deranged? Unless something drastically changes, either him or DeSantis have a good shot at becoming president because of this nonsense. They know exactly what they are doing.

Oh yeah that is deranged. The only upshot is this nonsense will disproportionately affect their voters