~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

money_0.jpg
WWW.CJME.COM

OTTAWA - The House of Commons has unanimously passed legislation authorizing new benefits for workers left job...

CERB has ended, and the long-term recovery benefits have begun. The following will be law after the Senate passes the bill in the coming week:

• Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB) - $500/wk for up to 26 weeks for anyone self-employed or not eligible for EI and who still requires income support (lost job, or income reduced by 50%).
  • Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) - $500/wk for up to two weeks for workers who are sick or must self-isolate due to COVID-19.
  • Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB) - $500/wk for up to 26 weeks per household, for Canadians unable to work because they must care for a child under age 12, or family member, because schools, day-cares, or care facilities are closed due to COVID-19.

Major difference from CERB is that under the CRB you can still collect after you return to work, and any amount you make over a threshold (I think $35,000?) will be taxed at 50% to repay the CRB (until it is repaid). This will allow the government to slowly recoup the costs of the program once people return to work (and provides an incentive to return, as you can continue to collect the program + your normal income).

5 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

My cousin had symptoms on Monday, yet still went to my grandpa's 93rd birthday party. My cousin then tested positive on Tuesday. Lovely. 

Somebody at my work knowingly had a positive COVID test and had symptoms but still came to work anyways. We take social distancing seriously so so far after one week nobody has gotten sick, but man the fucking stupidity and recklessness.

• Guillotine 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, johnny said:

Somebody at my work knowingly had a positive COVID test and had symptoms but still came to work anyways. We take social distancing seriously so so far after one week nobody has gotten sick, but man the fucking stupidity and recklessness.

That’s a fireable offense to me, jfc

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Had a random fit of "I wonder what my friends are up to" and one of them posted a picture last week of themself, maskless, inside a hotel in Vegas.

:SARS-CoV-2:

Why would they have a mask on in their own hotel room? Or were they with friends in the hotel room?

9 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Many people have jobs where paid sick time isn't a thing.  So they feel they are forced to either work and get paid, or take a sick day and lose money.  Shitty situation, that has probably resulted in quite a few transmissions of the virus. 

Hm, maybe we should do something about that and not just rely on the benevolence of penny pinching employers

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

We get notified every time there is a confirmed case at our facility. The notifications use to give specific numbers, but now they just say "individuals". I've received 2 in as many days. I'm surprised the numbers aren't higher.