Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

For anybody still looking, it sounds like Walmart may have online stock available on 11/10 starting at 12pm EST.  Perhaps other retailers will also have stock around this time.

series-s-x-thumb-2-1599557928487.jpg?wid
WWW.IGN.COM

Everything you need to know if you missed out on preorders but still want an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S at launch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

that just sounds like they’re talking about the faster hardware decreasing load times that we’d get seemingly by default. I’m taking about in that December patch if Bungie also patched in support for the game to use the Velocity Architecture like an actual Series X game for even faster loading.  

This is one of the reasons why these current numbers might not mean much. We could see updates for the systems or games that improve everything day 1 or in the next few months.

• Pikachu changed the title to Xbox Series X and S (10 November 2020) OT - Power Your Dreams

My BB Series X and PS5 orders are both charged and "preparing for pickup" at Best Buy on their respective launch days :) My Amazon PS5 order is "delivering by 8pm Thursday"

2 minutes ago, atom631 said:

speaking of Valhalla - where are the reviews? :nervous:

They released about an hour ago

49de9859ce6f569c420ce6c802d53470-98.jpg
WWW.METACRITIC.COM

Assassin's Creed Valhalla for Xbox Series X game reviews & Metacritic score: Build your own Viking Legend. Become Eivor, a Viking raider raised to be a fearless...

• Thanks 1

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I have been charged but no tracking order. Maybe it’s shipping close to us (NJ boyz) and we won’t get a tracking order until today. 

I have a unique situation. On “preorder day”, I fought through the bots and slowed servers to get to the confirmation page of a successful order via MS directly just a few minutes before they completely sold out. However, I never received a confirmation email, and the XSX order wasn’t even showing in my order history in my MS account (even several days later it still wasn’t there)... so, I just kinda figured I wasn’t getting one at launch (and was fine with that :p ), but yesterday I got a PayPal notification of a $500 + tax charge from MS, and now an XSX preorder is suddenly in my order history so I have no idea wtf is happening 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm gonna wander aimlessly from store to store on Tuesday like a lost puppy. Maybe I'll find an old rich lady that has an Xbox and I can trade it for sexual services.

...I mean, I have the money to buy one, but I'd totally bang an old lady for it instead.

Due to COVID, both are in short supply. So you might end up empty handed.

My Amazon order still says that’s it’s placed but that “We’ll email you when we have an estimated shipping date”. I don’t really care because it’s for a friend. But has anyone else gotten this message? I just wanna know if the thing has been cancelled or some semblance of an idea when it’s coming. 

46 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

My Amazon order still says that’s it’s placed but that “We’ll email you when we have an estimated shipping date”. I don’t really care because it’s for a friend. But has anyone else gotten this message? I just wanna know if the thing has been cancelled or some semblance of an idea when it’s coming. 

Mine said that but now it says I should expect it on Thursday.

Hey... quick question bc it’s been a long time since I had to do this...I have family sharing with my son.  I’m passing down my 1X to him (he’s on my OG x1) and the SeriesX will be mine. 

in order to do this, I will need to set the 1X as my main console and he will need to set the SeriesX as his. 

is that correct? 

57 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

11 minutes ago, The def star said:

Mine said that but now it says I should expect it on Thursday.

Mine shipped and still says I should get it tomorrow :dancing:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

I'm in the exact same boat.  My amazon order is also going to someone else... but I called them this morning to ask about this and they said it was going to ship on the 10th so it will probably deliver on Thursday.  I should get my MS Store delivery tomorrow.  :) 

27 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Hey... quick question bc it’s been a long time since I had to do this...I have family sharing with my son.  I’m passing down my 1X to him (he’s on my OG x1) and the SeriesX will be mine. 

in order to do this, I will need to set the 1X as my main console and he will need to set the SeriesX as his. 

is that correct? 

Yes, that is correct.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, atom631 said:

is that correct? 

Yes, HOWEVER, make sure you make all your purchases under one account, or else your content will always be split. 

i.e. I have my old XBO in the living room that has some shitty generic account on it. That Xbox is set to my home console, even though I do 100% of my gaming on my One X in the computer room. Therefore, that generic account in the living has access to everything I purchase (and I can play in on my 1X because I'm signed in under my account). But I would never, EVER purchase anything on the other xbox using that generic account because then I can't access it anywhere else unless I sign in to that account.

Unless your son is a grown adult, in which case he should be buying his own shit anyway. :p

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm gonna wander aimlessly from store to store on Tuesday like a lost puppy. Maybe I'll find an old rich lady that has an Xbox and I can trade it for sexual services.

...I mean, I have the money to buy one, but I'd totally bang an old lady for it instead.

No in store sales on launch day for either consoles. Online with shipping or pickup only.