Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Do Xbone controller accessories work with XSX controllers? Ie: do my energizer rechargeable battery packs + charging stand work with the XSX controller? :p 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EADTVLW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_pkXQFbS89ESKH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I doubt that would work, because the cover for the battery compartment on the XSX controller is not the same shape. 

37 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Do Xbone controller accessories work with XSX controllers? Ie: do my energizer rechargeable battery packs + charging stand work with the XSX controller? :p 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EADTVLW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_pkXQFbS89ESKH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

30 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I doubt that would work, because the cover for the battery compartment on the XSX controller is not the same shape. 

You know what? I don't think so. I just tried to put a similar cover on an XSX controller and the two prongs on the battery cover are different widths apart. It doesn't fit. Not even the original battery cover for my first-party X1X controller matches up with my XSX controller's fittings.

For reference, I bought the Shock Blue (Sonic) controller, if that matters.

EDIT: Now that being said, I suppose you could always try sticking the battery in and just setting it on the cradle without the cover. If you... wanted to do that, for whatever reason...

According to Best Buy the estimated delivery is 11/16. I had to go into a store to get more details. The official status online still shows "Getting it Ready". They don’t even show a tracking number yet. 

so yeah, when my confirmation email says ship by 11/10, I guess we have different definitions of “by”. That’s pretty fucking slow for a company that promises free next day delivery on purchases $35+, unless it’s a large tv or major appliance. 

...not real pleased with Best Buy. If they had been up front that shipping it would take an extra week unless I chose in store pick up, I’d have chosen in store pick up. 

Yea, the cover prongs are in a slightly different spot with the new controller, otherwise it's 1:1. Shame they moved the prongs, as that Xbone charging station would work otherwise :p

I tried booting up Dead Rising 3, looked like complete ass and the auto HDR didn't turn on. I'm guessing it's just not compatible since it was a Xbone launch title? 

4 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I've been focused on downloading all the updates of the existing games i own that got updates.  I was planning to buy Bright Memory though to check it out.

It's only like a 4gb download so I installed it first and checking it out while everything else downloads

So a couple questions before I decide to sell or return my XBX:

• If you have an A/V receiver for surround, did you experience any black screen issues when setting up the console?
  • If you've used your cable box through the Xbox One/X, do you miss the functionality of it at all now that there isn't an HDMI In for the new console?

6 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

• If you have an A/V receiver for surround, did you experience any black screen issues when setting up the console?
  • If you've used your cable box through the Xbox One/X, do you miss the functionality of it at all now that there isn't an HDMI In for the new console?

1 - N/A

2 - I do my main gaming in my Office, where I didn't use the TV pass through.  I do have an Xbox in my Living Room though, and I would definitely miss it.  I am going to put my One X down there now, and move my One S to my parents house to replace my OG Xbox there.  I kinda wish they kept the pass through in.

18 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

I have heard reports of receivers not being compatible with something on the series x... but I couldn't tell you exactly what. I have heard specifically from the guy on the Major Nelson podcast that he recommends not going through the receivers but to plug it directly into the tv and output the sound from the tv to the receiver. Not sure if that's what your issue is, but it's just what I heard.

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

It’s a bug with the next gen consoles and MOST AV receivers. It’s not a problem with the system

The cause of the problems, it’s alleged, is a known bug in the Panasonic Solutions HDMI chips the AVRs use (Panasonic Solutions is now under the ownership of Nuvoton Technology). The bug apparently affects the way HDMI 2.1’s Fixed Rate Link (FRL) feature works - and unfortunately, early investigations suggest that the problem cannot be fixed by a mere firmware update.

This guy explains what happened pretty well.

So uh... yeah.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It’s a bug with the next gen consoles and MOST AV receivers. It’s not a problem with the system

This guy explains what happened pretty well.

So uh... yeah.

So grateful & totally helpful you shared that. Having watched it, my stoic optimism was shattered when I had had a modicum of hope that merely a firmware update may fix the issue. Definitely no workarounds in sight either, let alone any time soon. I think that just about settles it, should have gone with my gut intuition and not gotten swept up in ... well just as the video so aptly states, FOMO!

Who wants to buy my XBX!?

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Well this is... informative. And kinda sad. Some of those numbers are a bit wonky though. I played the shit out of Far Cry 3 and beat it in about a week. Pretty sure it didn't take me 2,602 days lol.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's like a mix of old and new. I did not play a lot of games on Xbone but did a lot on 360.

So you see a bunch of sports games then backloaded with only Untitled Goose Game :lol:

33 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

So grateful & totally helpful you shared that. Having watched it, my stoic optimism was shattered when I had had a modicum of hope that merely a firmware update may fix the issue. Definitely no workarounds in sight either, let alone any time soon. I think that just about settles it, should have gone with my gut intuition and not gotten swept up in ... well just as the video so aptly states, FOMO!

Who wants to buy my XBX!?

If you’re serious about selling it, I will. I have a buddy who’s desperate for one.