Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Throwing out possibly complete nonsense: PS5 requires optimization for the SSD from the dev and game code, whereas XSX automatically integrates some optimization through DX. Maybe? 

:shrug:

I'm guessing that as well, given how fast Spiderman MM loads by comparison.  Feels like Sony settled on a PC-like SSD difference for BC.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Why would they be loading faster on Xbox when the PS5s SSD is faster?

My guess, CPU is a loading bottleneck here, especially given none of these games tested would be taking advantage of a more direct path to the GPU both consoles provide.

It is a sign however that if game and engine devs are not working towards reducing additional asset CPU loading overhead, the SSD gains may be limited.

Target is really pissing me off. They keep charging and then returning the money for this and the PS5 a couple times a week and yet I still don't even know if I will have them on release day or have to wait a week, and they didn't even give a choice for release day delivery. 

I’ve had them all and I’m waiting on this gen because of Gamepass and my PC. Although my upgrade itch always starts to act up a few days before a system launch and who knows what might happen. Have my PS5 preorder but might flip it for a profit and buy again later 

Xbox - 1 system but brother bought one too

360 - went through 3 with various issues

One - bought launch, upgraded to S for UHD discs and X for 4K

40 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Do people care about the backwards compatibility load times?  Or, will people care what load times look like on next gen games?

Right now, yes, people care about BC load times because there are so few launch games. Ultimately, no, no one cares :p 

I still own an og Xbox, but it’s not my original launch system (made a trade with work because they needed a rev 1 to do dev work, sold the traded one years later. End up buying one again 3 years back because it was so dirt cheap). I had a 360 at launch but sold it since I didn’t play it and was afraid it would rrod on me. No x1, but I’ve come close to buying one many times. :/

13 hours ago, Dodger said:

Target is really pissing me off. They keep charging and then returning the money for this and the PS5 a couple times a week and yet I still don't even know if I will have them on release day or have to wait a week, and they didn't even give a choice for release day delivery. 

Same. I will never order anything from them again. It’s a complete joke. 

13 hours ago, Dodger said:

4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Same. I will never order anything from them again. It’s a complete joke. 

Target is very bad about doing this, essentially your card issuer is telling them to fuck off and to either take the money or they will cancel the authorization . Target does nothing with it so the issuer drops it and target repeats it. Worst part is if someone who lives on a tight budget not expecting to get hit with a charge until near release may get hit with an over draft .

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Target is very bad about doing this, essentially your card issuer is telling them to fuck off and to either take the money or they will cancel the authorization . Target does nothing with it so the issuer drops it and target repeats it. Worst part is if someone who lives on a tight budget not expecting to get hit with a charge until near release may get hit with an over draft .

Same with Best Buy if I remember correctly so I try to only preorder with Amazon.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I wonder if those might get even better with the optimization update coming December 8. 

capsule_616x353-2-3.jpg
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Destiny 2 developers confirmed the release date for the game's next-gen version. The next-gen consoles certianly boost the game specs.

Developers at Bungie have announced that the next-gen optimized version of Destiny 2 launches in December. These optimizations will enable high-end graphics and FPS settings in the game. However, players can experience faster loading times and cross-gen play from November 10. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S are very powerful consoles and Destiny 2 fans will surely be looking forward to using them for a better gaming experience.

Looks like we will get faster load times this upcoming week.

9 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Someone on era pointed this out and then said they do release day ground shipping so looks like I’m fucked waiting an extra week for my consoles. Definitely never preordering anything from them again.

10 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
capsule_616x353-2-3.jpg
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Destiny 2 developers confirmed the release date for the game's next-gen version. The next-gen consoles certianly boost the game specs.

Looks like we will get faster load times this upcoming week.

that just sounds like they’re talking about the faster hardware decreasing load times that we’d get seemingly by default. I’m taking about in that December patch if Bungie also patched in support for the game to use the Velocity Architecture like an actual Series X game for even faster loading.