Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

What is everyone doing with their current Xbone/XboneX? I’m debating on trading it in at GameStop -I know I’d get more on eBay but it’s a lot more convenient to just bring it to GS and get store credit than going through the hassle on eBay. I’ll also trade in the kinect, I guess.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

What is everyone doing with their current Xbone/XboneX? I’m debating on trading it in at GameStop -I know I’d get more on eBay but it’s a lot more convenient to just bring it to GS and get store credit than going through the hassle on eBay. I’ll also trade in the kinect, I guess.

I think someone asked this earlier and chances are I'll probably keep it like I kept all my old consoles :p

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think someone asked this earlier and chances are I'll probably keep it like I kept all my old consoles :p

Normally I keep my old consoles too, but with the (nearly) 100% BC for XSX and PS5, it just seems silly to keep them now when I could potentially get ~$350 store credit for the two of them. I do have PT on my PS4 Pro’s hdd, but I don’t think I’ll ever have the urge to play it. Plus, while the value for a system with PT is higher on eBay, I’m pretty sure I’d have to also give them my PSN account to be able to play it

16 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Normally I keep my old consoles too, but with the (nearly) 100% BC for XSX and PS5, it just seems silly to keep them now when I could potentially get ~$350 store credit for the two of them. I do have PT on my PS4 Pro’s hdd, but I don’t think I’ll ever have the urge to play it. Plus, while the value for a system with PT is higher on eBay, I’m pretty sure I’d have to also give them my PSN account to be able to play it

Yeah but I still have a 360 which most  games are BC with the X and will be BC with the Sex so yeah. 🤷‍♀️

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah but I still have a 360 which most  games are BC with the X and will be BC with the Sex so yeah. 🤷‍♀️

At the time of the Xbone launch there were a ton of 360 games that weren’t BC and zero OG XBOX games were BC. By the time those were added to the Xbone, it didn’t make sense to sell a 360 for $50. This BC is happening on day 1.

32 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

At the time of the Xbone launch there were a ton of 360 games that weren’t BC and zero OG XBOX games were BC. By the time those were added to the Xbone, it didn’t make sense to sell a 360 for $50. This BC is happening on day 1.

Even if it was I probably wound still keep it. In fact I actually bought the newer 360 model that looks like an Xbone so I was definitely keeping it no matter what. :p

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Even if it was I probably wound still keep it. In fact I actually bought the newer 360 model that looks like an Xbone so I was definitely keeping it no matter what. :p

So you could trick someone’s brother that you had a special, smaller, and cuter Xbone? :kiss:

Got mine, hooking it up as we speak.

Going Horizontal, doesn't work Vertically in my setup.

Does anyone know of any HDMI 2.1 compatible HDMI Splitters? 

I maybe stuck with 4k60 for now, or 1440p120 if I run it through my normal set up.  I haven't had any luck finding HDMI Switches that support 2.1.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Got mine, hooking it up as we speak.

Going Horizontal, doesn't work Vertically in my setup.

Does anyone know of any HDMI 2.1 compatible HDMI Splitters? 

I maybe stuck with 4k60 for now, or 1440p120 if I run it through my normal set up.  I haven't had any luck finding HDMI Switches that support 2.1.

You picked yours up or was it delivered? I'm stuck 4K 60 as well until I get back to my place and buy my new TV :angel:

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Im giving mine to kid near here who is pretty poor. I know the family well, they had a rough year, and I know the kid would love some consoles.

• Like 2

Well i drove to three Gamestops this morning. None of them had any units available. So counting the one from last night, that makes a grand total of one. In an area of town with at least 200,000 people.

I'm calling BS. GS employees hoarding them for themselves or resale on ebay.

The fact that the guy yesterday told he didnt know when they'd have extra when they literally had extra as i was standing there just reeks of shady shit. You cant tell me Gamestop told everyone on twitter before they told their employees.

9 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Well i drove to three Gamestops this morning. None of them had any units available. So counting the one from last night, that makes a grand total of one. In an area of town with at least 200,000 people.

The fact that the guy yesterday told he didnt know when they'd have extra when they literally had extra as i was standing there just reeks of shady shit. You cant tell me Gamestop told everyone on twitter before they told their employees.

You should have just asked for a job there instead, got hired on the spot and found the hidden Xboxes and bought one for yourself.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You picked yours up or was it delivered? I'm stuck 4K 60 as well until I get back to my place and buy my new TV :angel:

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've seen others say that these TV's aren't ready for next gen gaming yet either. A lot of these guys recommend not buying a new TV for gaming purposes until NEXT YEAR :shock:

I'm thinking about getting an LG CX before the end of the year as it seems like the most feature complete TV for next gen gaming.

I need to get a new TV next year.

27 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I feel you.  I was able to order one through the Microsoft Store last night, but the delivery date is 12/22.  Who knows if they'll ship it sooner.

I drove to two Walmarts this morning because they both listed that they had in-store stock, but then both said they were not selling them in-store.  However, they are doing orders today starting at 12pm EST, and I'm guessing they'll allocate those shipments in the next few days.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm not sure why you keep ignoring the fact we have told you over and over again that MS & Sony are pushing retailers to only sell units online for launch. I'm more shocked you found a single gamestop with a unit available (probably was from their original allocation and nobody reserved/preordered it).

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Man, most of their stock is preorders. They arent going to sell you someone elses console.

I fired up an old game, Remnant From the Ashes, from last year.  It immediately popped out to me how vibrant it looked.  I went to check if it had HDR when it launched and it didn't.  

Unfortunately I had to work so I didn't have much time to play around with things, but so far the load speeds have definitely stood out to me.  Also messed around and watch dogs for a little bit and the ray tracing is pretty nice to look at.

Looking forward to getting home later to play some more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1