Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

5 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:
WWW.IGN.COM

A court document from the big Xbox leak reveals that 75 percent of Xbox Series owners own the cheaper, less powerful Series S console.

If Xbox can only compete on sales at a lower cost, the ARM efficiency would make sense as a possible path for them.

I can believe it.  Think of how many people traditionally buy into consoles in the late gen, after price drops.  Microsoft was 100% correct to say that with price drops going away, this audience was underserved.

In some ways, it’s more surprising that they haven’t made greater inroads on Sony because of it.  That could very well be because of Nintendo’s successes at the low end.  Or the $400 PS5 Digital.  

Either way, I’m glad Microsoft has woken up to the idea that Nintendo is an earnest competitor, even if it’s mainly been to make certain arguments in court.  They should be concerned about Switch 2 at this point.  Come to think of it, I’d be more than okay with the next Series S having a handheld form factor.  But it sounds like Microsoft’s xCloud ambitions are getting in the way of that.

7 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Is there any good summary of the leaks out there?  

Yes, my posts :p

Eurogamer has an "The Xbox FTC Leak" sidebar on this page:

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Microsoft will launch a refreshed version of both the Xbox Series X and S next year, according to documentation include…

• Guillotine 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Dodger said:

For some reason Too Human is free. I don’t know for how long but my cheap ass doesn’t turn down free games so I added it to my library. I doubt I’ll ever play it but hey free is free. Just search for it on the store and it’ll say free.

I think it's been free for a long while. It was free several years ago as well.

This is what I have downloaded on my Series X dashboard. 

StarField

Forza Motorsport

Forza Horizon 5

Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite multiplayer 

Party Animals

Wayyy back in my 360 days I was a huge fan of Gears of War multiplayer. I’ve been out of the Xbox universe for a long time. Is this still a thing? Do people still play online? Does Gears 5 have online and if so is it still prettt active?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

What does it mean “Bundle Not For Sale”? You can’t buy that console?

It's a contest and they are only giving away one and according to the post the console is non functional and for display only which would probably explain the crazy ass stand that it's on. :p

FORUM.SQUARE-ENIX.COM

FFXIV on Xbox Sweepstakes / Prize Draw (THE “PROMOTION”) OFFICIAL RULES KEY RULES A. Official Rules: The Official Rules for this Promotion consist of both (i) these key rules summarizing the important rules for participating in the Promotion (the “Key Rules”) and (ii) the Additional Promotion Official Rules (“Additional Rules”) applicable to your place of legal residence. Please review the Additional Rules at the following URL:...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 1:04 PM, Dodger said:

For some reason Too Human is free. I don’t know for how long but my cheap ass doesn’t turn down free games so I added it to my library. I doubt I’ll ever play it but hey free is free. Just search for it on the store and it’ll say free.

Still over priced