Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Hey... quick question bc it’s been a long time since I had to do this...I have family sharing with my son.  I’m passing down my 1X to him (he’s on my OG x1) and the SeriesX will be mine. 

in order to do this, I will need to set the 1X as my main console and he will need to set the SeriesX as his. 

is that correct? 

He doesn't have do set your Series X as his.  

Just need to make the One X your Home Xbox and he will be set.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

For those who bought from MS directly, has anyone received tracking yet?

My brother did. His has been in transit since Thursday with a by 8pm Tuesday window

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@ManUtdRedDevils so, I decided to contact MS store tech support. The guy told me that the consoles ship on the 10th with 1-3 day shipping :silly:

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

That makes no sense. It’s your product. Use your supply chain to figure out how to get it to peoples hands on launch. Instead it will come the same day as PS5 that has Miles Morales and Demon Souls. 

2 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

That makes no sense. It’s your product. Use your supply chain to figure out how to get it to peoples hands on launch. Instead it will come the same day as PS5 that has Miles Morales and Demon Souls. 

The guy didn’t even ask for my order number, I’m guessing they’re getting a ton of calls. It’s possible they did it in waves, but I’m guessing if you didn’t get confirmation today, it’s shipping tomorrow.

1 hour ago, jaethos said:

Yes, that is correct.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Yes, HOWEVER, make sure you make all your purchases under one account, or else your content will always be split. 

i.e. I have my old XBO in the living room that has some shitty generic account on it. That Xbox is set to my home console, even though I do 100% of my gaming on my One X in the computer room. Therefore, that generic account in the living has access to everything I purchase (and I can play in on my 1X because I'm signed in under my account). But I would never, EVER purchase anything on the other xbox using that generic account because then I can't access it anywhere else unless I sign in to that account.

Unless your son is a grown adult, in which case he should be buying his own shit anyway. :p

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

He doesn't have do set your Series X as his.  

Just need to make the One X your Home Xbox and he will be set.

thanks guys. Does he get access to game pass ultimate too? Or I would have to download it on my account (and FYI - he’s only 9 - but he’s becoming a beast at COD and Fortnite). 

I wanted a Series X to actually play and a PS5 because I’m a big dumb idiot that’s addicted to consumer electronics, and could only get 1 Series X preorder and 3 PS5 preorders. And PS5 demand seems higher. Weird.

Supposedly a few Series X/S bundles will be available online "sometime tonight".  Lol. 

3757933-xbox2.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

GameStop will have a "very limited number" of console bundles online and in stores. In other words, best of luck.

They have also confirmed that they will have stock in-store tomorrow - @XxEvil AshxX I know you're trying to pick one up in person so that may be your best shot. 

I'm going to be checking throughout the evening to see if I can snag an online bundle. Otherwise I'll be jacked up on coffee tomorrow morning with every retailer's page open trying to snag one at 12pm EST.  Wish me luck.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I wanted a Series X to actually play and a PS5 because I’m a big dumb idiot that’s addicted to consumer electronics, and could only get 1 Series X preorder and 3 PS5 preorders. And PS5 demand seems higher. Weird.

Any chance you wanna sell me one of those PS5s? :pray:

Looks like I lucked out not getting an Amazon pre order even tho the 10% off would of been nice. I feel bad for those who did pre-order and are being told they might have to wait till December ouch. Gonna be hell tomorrow at work knowing my series x is in my trunk the whole time.

2 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Supposedly a few Series X/S bundles will be available online "sometime tonight".  Lol. 

3757933-xbox2.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

GameStop will have a "very limited number" of console bundles online and in stores. In other words, best of luck.

They have also confirmed that they will have stock in-store tomorrow - @XxEvil AshxX I know you're trying to pick one up in person so that may be your best shot. 

I'm going to be checking throughout the evening to see if I can snag an online bundle. Otherwise I'll be jacked up on coffee tomorrow morning with every retailer's page open trying to snag one at 12pm EST.  Wish me luck.

We'll see what happens. I'll swing by tonight in case they do a midnight launch. Otherwise i'll be there bright and early in the morning.

3 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Let me know what you find.  I'm trying to order one online but would be interested to know what the in-store situation is as well.

Well I just drove by my local Gamestop and they had a sign on the door that they had a single Xbox Series X available.... and there was already a dude camping in front of the door. So that's that.

I can't help but wonder just a little bit how many units Gamestop is getting versus how many actually make it to the customers after the employees set some aside for themselves and their buddies. This particular store only had three available for pre-order in the first place. This store only got four units total? Really? Really?

I get it. GS employees don't make shit. If I worked there, I'd probably do the same thing. But this launch has just sucked so far. Microsoft is really hyping the shit out of it and celebrating and really the only thing I can think is "You do know that only a tiny, tiny percentage of your fanbase is actually getting to celebrate this thing, right?"

I mean, they already sold out. They're celebrating the release of something that isn't available. They're doing some kind of streaming event tomorrow and I'll probably tune in but really it's gonna be like watching a party you weren't invited to lol.

Okay I'm done whining.

For now.