Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Shouldn't have waited until night to plug this thing in. I left it updating some games (Gears 5, Horizon 4) and they're still not done. I have the console in the power mode where it is supposed to download and install while it's "off" but it didn't do that. Smdh. Looks like I won't get to play until tomorrow.

yeah it was weird. Even looking on my Xbone this morning there were several title updates that were just sitting there. Apex had like a 50 gig update or something crazy.

8 hours ago, johnny said:

Did the people who ordered on Amazon get theirs today??

I ordered from Amazon but my delivery date got pushed back to Saturday instead of Thursday shipping. It's most likely related because where I live. My brother lives 20 min away and he gets 1 day shipping no issues but I live towards a mountain area and I think UPS only comes here like twice a week regardless if I have 2 day shipping with Amazon. Not a big deal since I won't get to play with it during the week. I did get my 1 TB Seagate Card delivered because I sent that to my brothers address. It's tinier than it looks in videos.

4 hours ago, SoberChef said:

So grateful & totally helpful you shared that. Having watched it, my stoic optimism was shattered when I had had a modicum of hope that merely a firmware update may fix the issue. Definitely no workarounds in sight either, let alone any time soon. I think that just about settles it, should have gone with my gut intuition and not gotten swept up in ... well just as the video so aptly states, FOMO!

Who wants to buy my XBX!?

What receiver do you have? This issue is only with HDMI 2.1 receivers which just came out over the spring/summer.

The download speeds, and consistency have been wonky all day.  But it does seem if you turn the console off, even if the Instant On Mode, the downloads stop, which isn't supposed to be the case.  All I can assume is it has to do with the network demand yesterday on XBL for launch day.

49 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What receiver do you have? This issue is only with HDMI 2.1 receivers which just came out over the spring/summer.

Denon AVR-X1300 that I picked up about 4 or 5 years ago. I'm heading out of town for a night but either Thursday or Friday I'll attempt to hook everything up, see if it works, if not, definitely will aim to sell at that point. 

26 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Denon AVR-X1300 that I picked up about 4 or 5 years ago. I'm heading out of town for a night but either Thursday or Friday I'll attempt to hook everything up, see if it works, if not, definitely will aim to sell at that point. 

Yea, that’s an HDMI 2.0a receiver and shouldn’t be affected by the article previously posted. Do you have issues when you plug the XSX directly into the TV?

1 minute ago, SoberChef said:

Haven't even gotten it outta the box yet

Wait, you didn’t try it yet? I thought you were having issues? The issues are only with HDMI 2.1 receivers and is the fault of the receivers themselves as the chip they all use are incompatible with 120hz @ 4k, not the XSX. Your receiver is good to go. 

35 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I thought you were getting a black screen! Your receiver should be fine. As @Spork3245 said, this only affects the newer receivers with HDMI 2.1. That video I posted spelled that out too.

It seems like he kind of more-so wants a reason to sell off his XSX as he's regretting the purchase. You don't need an excuse, especially when you can flip it for more than you paid on eBay right now. Sell that shit if you don't want it, broski, the extra cash is justification - there's no issues with the console or anything. :sun: 

4 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

The download speeds, and consistency have been wonky all day.  But it does seem if you turn the console off, even if the Instant On Mode, the downloads stop, which isn't supposed to be the case.  All I can assume is it has to do with the network demand yesterday on XBL for launch day.

this is exactly what I was looking for. I installed Valhalla and downloaded the patch - and I queued up: COD:MW19, Skater XL, Andromeda, Battlefield 1  and not a single one had finished as of this morning. It just completely stopped. 

and to add - the download speeds are abysmal. I would easily get 200-300mb on the X1X. I don’t think I’ve broken 50 on the Series X

4 hours ago, SoberChef said:

I mean, if you make up your mind that you don't want it, I'll gladly take it off your hands. 

Just now, The def star said:

Well my Xbox tracking from Amazon is now saying it should arrive today. Hopefully that accurate so I can finally set it up. Won't have a lot of time to play with it until Friday night. Gonna try some Tetris Effect Connected with some friends since it's on Game Pass.

I played a quick round of Tetris yesterday on my One X. I definitely recommend headphones.

6 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Translation?

For the English people: I want to show you, how, with a Vapor and turning off the console, you can make a situation that looks like the console is "On Fire"

Basically people were posting clips of their Xbox Series X's smoking, claiming it was burning components or faulty.  In reality they were just using their Vapes to make it look like it was smoking.  Watch the video to the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

For the English people: I want to show you, how, with a Vapor and turning off the console, you can make a situation that looks like the console is "On Fire"

Basically people were posting clips of their Xbox Series X's smoking, claiming it was burning components or faulty.  In reality they were just using their Vapes to make it look like it was smoking.  Watch the video to the end.

I get it now. I didn’t know what he was saying, or that it was a vape he was using (I don’t use tobacco, and never saw those kind of vapes before), or that people were making this claim online. Doesn’t shock me though. 

9 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

So apparently, if you set the SeX to download, but have a game running in bg, or are playing another game, it caps the download speed. So if you want it to download while you’re away, you need to close any games running in the bg, or dl speeds are apparently terrible. 

DL speeds were terrible regardless of any of that stuff. I downloaded a bunch of stuff last night and my speeds were awful and I wasn't playing anything and didn't have anything running. This morning I continued to download a mother game while I played Watchdogs and I got better speeds. I don't think it matters and has more to do with Xbox Live getting slammed with everybody trying to download a bunch of shit at once.

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

DL speeds were terrible regardless of any of that stuff. I downloaded a bunch of stuff last night and my speeds were awful and I wasn't playing anything and didn't have anything running. This morning I continued to download a mother game while I played Watchdogs and I got better speeds. I don't think it matters and has more to do with Xbox Live getting slammed with everybody trying to download a bunch of shit at once.

Yeah even my d/l speeds were shit yesterday on my 1X and they're usually 100+ mbps. It was just XBL getting slammed with everybody downloading stuff.

49 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I get it now. I didn’t know what he was saying, or that it was a vape he was using (I don’t use tobacco, and never saw those kind of vapes before), or that people were making this claim online. Doesn’t shock me though. 

Yeah the smoke videos are making the rounds and all people are posting on Xbox social media is how they are smoking. What JP posted is the first I heard of it but people are of course spamming that Xbox catches on fire :doh:

37 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Just pointing out what I read on resetera. Multiple people mentioned it made a big difference. They seem to think its a fact. 

servers getting slammed is definitely the biggest part, though.