Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

My Xbox on Amazon still says “we’ll email you with a delivery day”

my target PS5 still says “13-18”

I know it’s inconsequential compared to the election but this shit is stressing me out 😂

My Amazon order for my XSX says the same thing and my PS5 Best Buy order is still on target for in store pick up on Thursday. I'm off that day too so I'll there first thing in the morning and be gaming that whole day :dancing:

25 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

My Xbox on Amazon still says “we’ll email you with a delivery day”

my target PS5 still says “13-18”

I know it’s inconsequential compared to the election but this shit is stressing me out 😂

Target is trash. I ordered the pulse headphones and PS5 as soon as possible. Headphones are back ordered and the PS5 says the same “13-18”. Luckily I got an Amazon order for the PS5 and XSX. Both have expected launch day delivery dates. 

xbox-series-x-s-microsoft-console-review
WWW.USGAMER.NET

Microsoft's new console inspires plenty of optimism, but it still has a few hurdles to overcome.

xbox_series_x_s.jpg
WWW.VG247.COM

Are the Xbox Series X and S good? Here's a comprehensive review of the next-generation Xbox machines, from backwards compatibility to all-new features.

25 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Target is trash. I ordered the pulse headphones and PS5 as soon as possible. Headphones are back ordered and the PS5 says the same “13-18”. Luckily I got an Amazon order for the PS5 and XSX. Both have expected launch day delivery dates. 

Yeah if I had known they would suck so much I would have tried to get another preorder on another site. At least I’m getting one but shits annoying that literally every other major retailer is shipping for launch and Target doesn’t. 

Digital Foundry's review:

xbox-series-x-review_3-1604523664182.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Microsoft's new flagship console has arrived, and Digital Foundry is here with the authoritative verdict on Xbox Series X hardware. If only there was more new software to go with it...

A word on what they're covering with games, and Series S.  Sounds like the embargo dropping was premature.

All of which should see us conclude this review with what really matters: the games. And that's where we're really struggling to provide any meaningful commentary because even now, we have so little to look at - to the point where I still have no real idea of what to expect from Series X gaming. A raft of codes arrived from Microsoft, but very few of them actually worked and of those that did, some had no Xbox Series console enhancements. Enhanced versions of existing titles are welcome, of course, but what the machine lacks is a signature title that sets out what this console is all about and why we must have one. The impressive packaging - designed many months ago, of course - leans heavily into Halo Infinite, now delayed, with no firm release date, which says it all really. The latest comms from Microsoft give us arrival dates for Series console games, but they're some days out from today's Xbox console review embargo.

Suffice to say, software will be coming in at the very last minute - hardly an ideal state of affairs in reviewing Xbox Series X as a game machine, and even less helpful in assessing Xbox Series S, which has it all to prove in making its case as an actual next-generation console. The lack of games, combined with late arrival of a retail console, means we won't be reviewing the junior Series hardware today - but I can tell you that the form factor is cute to the point of being almost irresistible, the interface is essentially identical, it has the same display controller (meaning it can address a 4K display at 120Hz!) but you only get a paltry 364GB of useable space on the SSD vs the Series X's 802GB, which is problematic. Quick Resume is part of the package there, but even at this early stage I feel Microsoft's positioning of the machine as a 1440p alternative to Series X is failing to convince, with even older titles like Forza Horizon 4 and Sea of Thieves topping out at 1080p.

First time we've heard that Forza Horizon 4 will be 1080p on S.

27 minutes ago, atom631 said:

my amazon Series X says delivery tuesday by 8pm!!

:feelsgood:

Damn.  My Amazon order hasn't changed since Sept 22.  My MS Store updated a few days ago to say it will deliver on the 10th and they put a hold on my CC.  So I feel good I will get that.  My second that I am selling to a friend I'm starting to worry about...

3 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Why would they be loading faster on Xbox when the PS5s SSD is faster?

Throwing out possibly complete nonsense: PS5 requires optimization for the SSD from the dev and game code, whereas XSX automatically integrates some optimization through DX. Maybe? 

:shrug: