Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

1 minute ago, TomCat said:

lol RDNA is not Ms's   tools    they are AMD tools that Microsoft waiting on to implement fully into thier system.   Sony was done with the ps5 before RDNA2 was finished thats why its missing features.  Ms Waited and sony didnt.  They were going to release before MS until they found out how weak they were going to be compared.  Thats why they boosted the hell out of the clocks at the last minute and you got a machine the size of a Torso  just to keep it cool

If Sony waited for Microsoft and AMD to finish PC standard for RDNA2, they wouldn't have been able to release a console this year.  Microsoft would always be first out of the gate.

Rest is just a narrative you're expounding.

2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

If Sony waited for Microsoft and AMD to finish PC standard for RDNA2, they wouldn't have been able to release a console this year.  Microsoft would always be first out of the gate.

Rest is just a narrative you're expounding.

THats just a fucking dumb ass statement for someone that thinks they're  smarter then Phil.  MS waited for the FULL RDNA2 suite  and they still released this year. 

12 minutes ago, TomCat said:

THats just a fucking dumb ass statement for someone that thinks they're  smarter then Phil.  MS waited for the FULL RDNA2 suite  and they still released this year. 

Look, if you want to continue having a discussion about what we were talking about, I'm game.  If you just want to flame me on tangent and hurdle insults, you do you.

2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Look, if you want to continue having a discussion about what we were talking about, I'm game.  If you just want to flame me on tangent and hurdle insults, you do you.

Im flaming you cause you making asinine statements.  "If Sony waited for Microsoft and AMD to finish PC standard for RDNA2, they wouldn't have been able to release a console this year."  That makes no sense what so ever cause MS waited and is still releasing this year.    You dont see the Stupidity in that statement

Sony came out and issued correcting statements or clarifications regarding BC after Cerny's deep dive.  They corrected people after people though Sony was recording and spying on party chat.  They issued statements correcting the record on Spiderman Miles Morales being DLC.  I think they've corrected the record on a few other things as well.

They were asked about RDNA 2 hardware features or equivalents by Digital Foundry in March, and never answered.  If they had solutions or custom hardware that had the same kind of results, you don't think they'd clarify or issue some kind of statement on it til now?  We are 2 weeks away from launch, what would they be waiting for?

1 minute ago, TomCat said:

Im flaming you cause you making asinine statements.  "If Sony waited for Microsoft and AMD to finish PC standard for RDNA2, they wouldn't have been able to release a console this year."  That makes no sense what so ever cause MS waited and is still releasing this year.    You dont see the Stupidity in that statement

MS wasn’t waiting.  They were working on DX12 in tandem.

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

Waiting isn’t the best word considering how involved MS was, IMO.  It’s semantics at this point.  Don’t think we need to take it further.

yea its Semantics cause it doesnt fit your incorrect narrative.  PeaceIm Watching You Champions League GIF by BT Sport

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Sony came out and issued correcting statements or clarifications regarding BC after Cerny's deep dive.  They corrected people after people though Sony was recording and spying on party chat.  They issued statements correcting the record on Spiderman Miles Morales being DLC.  I think they've corrected the record on a few other things as well.

They were asked about RDNA 2 hardware features or equivalents by Digital Foundry in March, and never answered.  If they had solutions or custom hardware that had the same kind of results, you don't think they'd clarify or issue some kind of statement on it til now?  We are 2 weeks away from launch, what would they be waiting for?

Sony’s been a lot more cagey than MS, that’s for sure.

I’m still waiting to know what the consoles can do RT-wise.  They haven’t given us hardly anything to go by as far as direct comparisons go.  Things are a lot more transparent with FPS and resolution at this point.

1 hour ago, TomCat said:

yea its Semantics cause it doesnt fit your incorrect narrative.  PeaceIm Watching You Champions League GIF by BT Sport

Waiting better fit’s MS, so it’s yours by default.  They get to beg the question that Sony jumped the gun, when it's just standard practice in the console space to customize.

I’m happy that these console will finally come out to clear the air.  I’m totally ready to see what it all means in terms of MS’ advantages.

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

Waiting better fit’s MS, so it’s yours by default.

I’m happy that these console will finally come out to clear the air.  I’m totally ready to see what it all means in terms of MS’ advantages.

you wont really see that until 2 years from now when ms drops support for the older systems

7 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Sony’s been a lot more cagey than MS, that’s for sure.

I’m still waiting to know what the consoles can do RT-wise.  They haven’t given us hardly anything to go by as far as direct comparisons go.  Things are a lot more transparent with FPS and frame rate at this point.

Ultimately this will be it.  We won't know until games start releasing and we can see some differences in performance.  We might not even know much for a few years as some of these techniques and tools might not be fully utilized for games for some time, just like UE5 advantages won't be ready til next year. 

I am waiting to see Watch Dogs, as by Ubisofts own Next Gen statements, it mentions Ray Traced Reflections for Xbox Consoles, but not Sony's.  Is it just marketing speak and MS highlights it while Sony doesn't?  Or will there be any actual differences in the results.  A few weeks to find out.

Xbox Series X | S: The near-future London of Watch Dogs: Legion will fully benefit from the hardware accelerated raytracing of the new Xbox Series X | S; from Piccadilly Circus and its giant digital screens, to Camden High Street’s neon lights and holograms, the power of real-time ray traced reflections brings a never seen before level of realism to an urban playground. Early collaboration between Microsoft and the game teams allows the game to unlock the power of Xbox DirectStorage, meaning loading times have been massively reduced allowing for smoother world traversal and faster loading times than ever before. Upgrade from an Xbox One X copy of the game to the Xbox Series X | S* version with Xbox’s Smart Delivery technology at no extra cost.

PlayStation 5: Ray tracing on PlayStation 5 will immerse players in a city full of digital screens, holograms, and neon lights, while players can also take advantage of the Tempest 3D Audio engine to bring London to life by hearing every passing car, talking pedestrian, or drone flying overhead. Thanks to the ultra-high speed SSD, loading times will be dramatically reduced, allowing for even quicker fast-travel and seamless high-speed drives across London. Adaptive triggers enable players to enjoy hand-tuned responses, elevating the visceral feeling of high-tension moments. And lastly, you can upgrade your PlayStation 4 copy of the game to the PlayStation 5** version at no additional cost.

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Ultimately this will be it.  We won't know until games start releasing and we can see some differences in performance.  We might not even know much for a few years as some of these techniques and tools might not be fully utilized for games for some time, just like UE5 advantages won't be ready til next year. 

I am waiting to see Watch Dogs, as by Ubisofts own Next Gen statements, it mentions Ray Traced Reflections for Xbox Consoles, but not Sony's.  Is it just marketing speak and MS highlights it while Sony doesn't?  Or will there be any actual differences in the results.  A few weeks to find out.

it not anything that i've read or heard just me speculating but the majority of the ps5 raytracing power is used for Sound on watch dogs.  Remember ps5 has less raytracing power then the X

5 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Does Watchdogs use RT that’s not reflections?

9 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

We know at least it is confirmed for PS5 as well:

Btw, I agree that if MS has any key advantages with their RDNA2 support, it's likely not to show up in the first year or so.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Does Watchdogs use RT that’s not reflections?

I know there are lots of implementations of Ray Tracing, so I have no clue.  The description just stood out to me as sounding substantially different, but I don't know if Ubisoft wrote that up or MS and Sony's teams wrote what they wanted highlighted.

6 minutes ago, TomCat said:

it not anything that i've read or heard just me speculating but the majority of the ps5 raytracing power is used for Sound on watch dogs.  Remember ps5 has less raytracing power then the X

The S version has raytracing.  This probably won’t age well.

We’ll see these effects scale with whatever hardware they’re on.

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

I know there are lots of implementations of Ray Tracing, so I have no clue.  The description just stood out to me as sounding substantially different, but I don't know if Ubisoft wrote that up or MS and Sony's teams wrote what they wanted highlighted.

Nvdia's blog only mentions raytraced reflections on PC.  My guess would be the same will be true for consoles.

16 hours ago, TomCat said:

I think the NDA expired today when AMD actually showed the cards

Whatever the case, I haven't heard of any 3rd party developers discussing what the RDNA2 feature differences equate to across the platforms.  At least not yet.  There's obviously lots of speculation on what is omitted with the PS5, but there is a shortage of concrete confirmations or opinions from devs on any long term implications.

@TomCat To back up what I said earlier, here's a new statement from an indie dev with a PS5 dev kit.  Lays it out plain and simple.

MS is more about Xbox-PC parity within the development environment, Sony is more about hardware specific solutions.

He drops a few more details on PS5's approach to VRS, sampler feedback streaming (as MS refers to it), etc, but I'll reserve that for the PS5 thread.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10749821

Honestly, dropping the creative director might be the best thing to happen to it.  I love the art style and everything else about it we've seen.  It's a very solid creative foundation.  But they've been pretty forthright about discovering what this game would be through the process of making trailers.

I'm still not sure if that's just terrible PR or an honest assessment of reality.

4 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

@TomCat To back up what I said earlier, here's a new statement from an indie dev with a PS5 dev kit.  Lays it out plain and simple.

MS is more about Xbox-PC parity within the development environment, Sony is more about hardware specific solutions.

He drops a few more details on PS5's approach to VRS, sampler feedback streaming (as MS refers to it), etc, but I'll reserve that for the PS5 thread.

Posting random Indy Dev fanboys as official sourcing now?

Be better than this.

Until Sony comes out an answers any of the official platforms asking the questions of what they have in place as solutions, it's just a matter of waiting for the games.

Theres a few indy devs that came out saying the PS5 was underpowered and wouldn't keep up with the XSX, should I run through their posts to highlight how much more powerful the Xbox is?

27 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Posting random Indy Dev fanboys as official sourcing now?

Be better than this.

Until Sony comes out an answers any of the official platforms asking the questions of what they have in place as solutions, it's just a matter of waiting for the games.

You might want to check the PS5 thread out before rushing to blame.  Most of what he posted was in relation to several Sony patents he's claiming are actualized in the PS5's Geometry Engine.

This shouldn't be controversial, unless you think he's lying about having a dev kit.

27 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Theres a few indy devs that came out saying the PS5 was underpowered and wouldn't keep up with the XSX, should I run through their posts to highlight how much more powerful the Xbox is?

Sure, if you want.  Don't know what point you'd be trying to make.  Because we're not talking about power here, but rendering features and parity.