~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

A lot of assumptions there, and more of the attitude that pushes people to the right.

the crack epidemic was a fucking travesty and I don’t know anyone who doesn’t care about the lives of others, except seemingly modern liberals. What came after the crack epidemic? Oh yeah, the Hillary/Biden double team crime bill. Are we really pretending the DNC tried to help black America. 

My life is neither shitty, nor do I believe in god, so not sure where you’re going. Southern Evangelicalism doesn’t really exist around me. 

I don’t personally know a single conservative who is anti-union. Most people in this area were proud union members before NAFTA came a long and decimated thriving rural communities.

I’m absolutely willing to admit that the modern GOP is a disgusting organization that needs to be torn down, but I’m not willing to pretend the DNC is trying to better life for Americans. They are elitists who are completely beholden to lobbyists and defence contractors. 

If you had said those things about any other group, this board would be screaming about how hateful you are. 

lmfao. Conservatives care about the other. lolol. Thors beard what a load of shit. Let’s ask them how they feel about trans people real quick. As I said, fucking miss me with this bullshit. But I do not care about conservatives and their families either, I am just not trying to burn the country down over it. They would love my niece, until they meet her interracial gay parents then it's an issue.

This just in, rich powerful white people have never cared about poc in this shithole country, more news at 10. But remind me, how many people voted yay on that legislation? But yep, totally a Biden thing only. Again, miss me.

This board has called me a hateful bigot for my views on islam before, i do not give a shit. I've lived this life, I have been insulted by mouth breathers for my views and who I am my whole ass life, fuck em, I hate them as only someone who has been attacked for being lgbtqi can. at least liberals won't attack me for going to PRIDE whereas conservatives will call me a groomer because I took my niece to a drag show in a park while they talk about breeding 16 yos and watch "Alpha Male" content like the fucking losers they are.

I was speaking in general terms as someone you're portraying yourself to be, specifically in reference to american conservatives.

lol, anti-union sentiment is a hallmark conservative trait, wtf. Pretending otherwise means I can completely ignore you like you did the Regan and Bushx2 administrations.

• Halal 3

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I don’t personally know a single conservative who is anti-union.

I don't believe this for a second.  Setting aside the fact that, with the exception of the past eight years, unions have been overwhelmingly left-leaning in support, do you know when union support began to erode among the mainstream in a meaningful way?  Do you know who the president was, and the nickname he earned among union organizations? 

Ronald "Union Buster" Reagan.

The idea that conservatives aren't anti-union, that they haven't historically (and still do) land on the side of management, is patently absurd.

Are you being willfully ignorant, or is this just a bit of partisan hackery coming through?

• Like 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

8 minutes ago, GoldenTongue said:

I don't believe this for a second.  Setting aside the fact that, with the exception of the past eight years, unions have been overwhelmingly left-leaning in support, do you know when union support began to erode among the mainstream in a meaningful way?  Do you know who the president was, and the nickname he earned among union organizations? 

Ronald "Union Buster" Reagan.

The idea that conservatives aren't anti-union, that they haven't historically (and still do) land on the side of management, is patently absurd.

Are you being willfully ignorant, or is this just a bit of partisan hackery coming through?

No see, a democrat supported it once therefore it’s truthfully a left thing to be against the left!

9 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

How about one of the worst quarters since the great recession, 4th 2018, you can not divorce his shit record on the economy by claiming not real economy and then at the same time say the Pandemic is unique but the Pandemic recovery isn't. This bullshit mindsight is why America is the shithole it is. Further, if your mortgages have increased sounds like you didn't learn from the great recession. Maybe you shouldn't have agreed to a variable rate mortgage, sounds like a you fucked up thing not the system did. Conservatives are all about personal responsibility until they're forced to confront their own failures then it's someone else's fault. They remain the true snowflake crybaby bitches. Also I bought a house in the bay while Biden was President, thanks Biden. Almost like success and failure is a personal thing, don't tell conservatives though. If eggs costing three dollars more breaks you, you fail as a person.

Further, to your other point.

Conservatives getting made fun of. Oh the horror. lolol

Fucking spare me. My entire life I've moved in conservative circles and as a result I've been insulted for it. I've had terrible things said about me from: mentally deranged, fucked in the head, traitor, unamerican etc all because I am to the left. And guess who was saying it. I was literally in the Marines, wearing boots, and called a traitor by some fat conservatives mouth breather because I said gay people should be allowed to get married. Now they wanna cry like bitches because their shit hole cities in their flyover states get made fun of while insulting me, my cities, my communities my entire life. Crybaby fucks. They can't handle what they dished out for decades and now want to burn the country down over it. Fuck em, your life is still gonna suck even if you make ours harder.

No, I don't care your shit towns are dying, I care as much about your kids dying due to Heroin as you did about my family during the crack epidemic, to paraphrase a certain comic, amazing how when your kids started dying it became a public health crisis over a personal failing. I have zero sympathy for your failures especially when my success is owed to traditional liberal values like unions and collective bargaining. But hey, pray to Jesus, maybe he will save your shit life.

I'm heading back to Spain next week, My life is great.

I’m not gay, but after reading this I’ve been throwing a wedding ring at my screen wondering why you won’t say yes to my proposal.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

apoced

I am surprised so many users in this thread attempted to genuinely engage BloodyHell in honest debate and discussion given that it's been done countless times in the past with them on this and the other boards here where he'll just say inflammatory or ridiculous things, then we go into great detail (because we care and want to educate) on how they're wrong, he rarely comes back for a follow up or to continue the conversation (probably because he's frequently losing the debate and only entered it to say some incendiary things) and then we repeat the process all over again. Why we keep doing this with certain users I'll never know (and I'm susceptible to this too when I should know better). There are other users we know around here who debate this same way, where every new discussion is the first time it's apparently ever being had with them and "they're just asking questions" or just "putting it out there" and then we all have to act like they are being reasonable.

I mean, "I personally don't know a single conservative who is anti-union" is saying something in such clearly bad faith that it's hard to even take seriously. The only way to interpret this is either (a) they're straight up lying and don't actually know any conservatives or (b) they're stupid and don't know who is and isn't considered "conservative" in the year 2024. It's this constant bad faith debating with BloodyHell and certain other users that has begun to drive me crazy, like we're being gaslit constantly for trying to actually use the message board for real debates and discussions, whether they are small or big, matters or doesn't matter, by bad faith or ignorant users who put no stock in anything other than trolling or being ignorant and posting whatever they please and then being like: "bro it's just a random message board who cares about anything". Not sure how that makes any sense when we have threads discussing how we've all been at least sorta around for over a decade or two in many cases. 

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

Well, I think with the adoption of pretending conservatives are pro union now the “conservatives are the party of the working people!” fort of wool has been completed!l. Conservative propaganda is so damn good but tbf propaganda is just a lot easier when you have no morals and don’t stand for anything.

I just found out today that my union has a contract vote coming up in June. I work for a Loblaws company, and you betcha we folks will be looking/demanding a good pay bump and other features for work. Another local big chain of stores (Metro) near us went on strike near last year, and they got minimum wage increased for everyone (part/full) to +$21 an hour, 6 paid sick days, 2 weeks paid vacation and more for everyone. There’s an online push for folks to boycott all our chains of supermarkets for the month of May. I guess we will see what happens, but I hope our folks don’t fold 

15 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Take housing—people say “I can’t afford a house now, but I could a few years ago.”

This is false.  If you can’t afford a house at anything other than zero interest rates, you can’t afford a house.  An interest rate of zero is not historically normal.  If ‘normal’ interest rates put housing out of reach for most Americans, then housing is just straight unaffordable.  The zero interest rates were just concealing it.

I go back and forth on this.

There are a lot of places where interest rates going as well as the cost of a home and it's very conceivable to me that people could be priced out of regions today that they weren't a few years ago. I'd agree that it's not super likely that someone went from being able to afford any house to not being able to afford any house. But if entire neighborhoods are out of bounds that weren't before it's more than just a distinction without a difference.

7 hours ago, stepee said:

Well, I think with the adoption of pretending conservatives are pro union now the “conservatives are the party of the working people!” fort of wool has been completed!l. Conservative propaganda is so damn good but tbf propaganda is just a lot easier when you have no morals and don’t stand for anything.

Remember when a bunch of Christian conservatives got pissy at that commercial about Jesus washing feet?

Says everything you need to know about conservatives.

• True 1

7 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I go back and forth on this.

There are a lot of places where interest rates going as well as the cost of a home and it's very conceivable to me that people could be priced out of regions today that they weren't a few years ago. I'd agree that it's not super likely that someone went from being able to afford any house to not being able to afford any house. But if entire neighborhoods are out of bounds that weren't before it's more than just a distinction without a difference.

I would still argue that said neighborhoods were out of bounds before—it’s just that the zero interest rates were concealing their unaffordability.

i.e., housing has been getting continually less affordable since ‘08, and the American middle class has been getting hollowed out as a result—but low interest rates made it so that it didn’t notice.  Now the veil’s been lifted and it’s understandably pissed off.

It’s worth noting that the historical average for interest rates is a little under 6%.  I’d say if a huge amount of housing is unaffordable to huge swathes of the middle class at that rate, it means the middle class is in bad shape—and that kind of long-term decline in standing doesn’t happen in 4 years.  It’s the kind of thing that takes at least two decades, I.e. a generation or so.

But I realize it’s a take not everyone’s going to agree with.

36 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I would still argue that said neighborhoods were out of bounds before—it’s just that the zero interest rates were concealing their unaffordability.

i.e., housing has been getting continually less affordable since ‘08, and the American middle class has been getting hollowed out as a result—but low interest rates made it so that it didn’t notice.  Now the veil’s been lifted and it’s understandably pissed off.

It’s worth noting that the historical average for interest rates is a little under 6%.  I’d say if a huge amount of housing is unaffordable to huge swathes of the middle class at that rate, it means the middle class is in bad shape—and that kind of long-term decline in standing doesn’t happen in 4 years.  It’s the kind of thing that takes at least two decades, I.e. a generation or so.

But I realize it’s a take not everyone’s going to agree with.

In my case specifically, I bought the house we're in now in 2019 and refi'd twice so my rate is <3%. I did a "traditional" 20% down, 30 year fixed. My house has appreciated in value by $250K+ since we bought it. I could afford it comfortably then, I couldn't really do that now between both increases. But I could still afford *a* home, for sure.

But broadly, yes, I agree that the middle class is in trouble.

It’s almost as if we have structured our entire housing market into one where asset appreciation is of the utmost concern with little to none towards affordability. The HCOL housing issues will continue to make its way downstream to other regions making housing more and more unaffordable to all unless widespread expansion of the housing market is permitted, and that has its own problems given the current nature of the housing market as previously mentioned. 

4 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

Also transit god dammit. Forcing literally everyone to drive already doesn’t work for shit, and it doesn’t work at all when no one can afford cars

Also a bunch of people out there who shouldn't be driving. I've been hit twice this year by people who admitted they didn't see me :rolleyes:

• True 1

Been rear ended twice and I think my neck arthritis might be partially because of it now that I think about it, and partially my back too. I remember about 8 years ago I was taking my sister and dog in my mom’s Edge to get some slurpee. A woman driver in maybe late 50’s early 60’s, with her friend came out of a plaza to my right while we were just getting the green light to go. She never merged into her flow of traffic, came right at us head on, and I’m honking/slamming on the brakes and she took a moment before she applied her brakes. Missed by 10 feet and the woman driving behind me saw it all happen. Asked if we were ok and said she move her and I should go after that. So she went to the other driver who was either intoxicated or no longer should be behind the wheel. She took her keys and drove her back into the plaza, think called police and left the keys with her friend, because she came back to drive her car off. Plus I almost got crushed by a merging semi truck 2 weeks ago and just had enough time to slam horn/brakes to avoid disaster with my sister in shotgun. I do have a camera but I forgot to plug in for what I thought was a simple drive, so yeah it staying plugged now but I need to hide the wire.

Well, Trump is straight up mask off racist at his mid-afternoon rally today. 

Donald Trump: “We're going to give our police their power back and we are going to give them immunity from prosecution.”

Trump: On day one I will restore and expand my Muslim ban

Trump: Look at Paris. Look at London. They're no longer recognizable. I'm going to get myself into a lot of trouble, but you know what? That's the fact, they are no longer recognizable. We can't let that happen here.

• Guillotine 7

I guess it makes sense. 

We all know they will do anything to glorify his behavior. And there have been some pretty convincing photos in the past where he sure looked like he was wearing an adult diaper.

I just missed the part where it became so well known on the right that they felt the need to create merch to justify it....

5 hours ago, MarSolo said:

We’ve reached the point of parody now.

5 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Oh honey we’re well past that point

A couple of years ago, a Rockstar Games developer spoke off the record to one of the gaming websites about how the development  of GTA VI was going and they said that one of the toughest parts was coming up ridiculous parody/satire in an age where America routinely satirizes/parodies itself in ways that they could never possibly top.

• True 1

4 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

How soon until we get Trump and his supporters just straight up shitting themselves in public?

Back in 2016 they had that thing of ordering coffee under the name Donald Trump to make the liberal baristas have to yell "Donald Trump" at the Starbucks.  I suppose shitting your pants to trigger the libs is an evolution from that.

22 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

How soon until we get Trump and his supporters just straight up shitting themselves in public?

Wasn't there literally a meme a year or two ago like:

Media: "Trump accidentally pooped his pants"

MAGA People "He would never do something like that!"

Trump: "I shit my pants on purpose!"

Life beginning to imitate art.

• True 3