WSJ: Nintendo to release new version of Switch in 2019

Commissar SFLUFAN

If it's just ergonomic improvements, count me out.  The Switch is fine, as is the screen.  I don't need something with better battery life and storage.  The work arounds are cheap.

With a power upgrade though, I might be interested to trade in.  My main motivation is that Xenoblade 2's looks rough undocked, and dips to 480p at worst.  If that's the norm going forward for Nintendo's bigger games, it might be worth it.

5 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I’ll get it if it has Bluetooth 

It already has Bluetooth. The controllers pair up over a regular Bluetooth connection. Nintendo is just being stupid.

Upgrades is like to see is a better screen, better battery life, and a better kickstand.

Would be cool to see a power upgrade that did nothing more than allow the Switch to play docked content in portable mode on an upgraded 1080p screen.

Nintendo charging me $115 to fix their poorly designed shitty system has resulted in me forever slagging their good name from now until the end of time. Hope they get their moneys worth. Hope that was worth $115 to them.

I won't be buying any more Nintendo systems. They can go to hell. Fuck em.

If my kids didn't like the system and I hadn't already sunk a bunch of money into it, I would use a hammer to break the piece of shit console up into tiny pieces and mail it to Shigero Miyamoto so he could cram all the broken sharp bits of glass and plastic up his smug smirking asshole.

Ask me how I really feel.

DON'T BUY A SWITCH. DON'T BUY THE OLD ONE AND DON'T BUY THIS NEW ONE. It will break. It's poorly made. It's a piece of shit and they will charge you lots of money to fix their shitty design.

DO. NOT. BUY.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ort said:

Nintendo charging me $115 to fix their poorly designed shitty system has resulted in me forever slagging their good name from now until the end of time. Hope they get their moneys worth. Hope that was worth $115 to them.

If my kids didn't like the system and I hadn't already sunk a bunch of money into it, I would use a hammer to break the piece of shit console up into tiny pieces and mail it to Shigero Miyamoto so he could cram all the broken sharp bits of glass and plastic up his smug smirking asshole.

DON'T BUY A SWITCH. DON'T BUY THE OLD ONE AND DON'T BUY THIS NEW ONE. It will break. It's poorly made. It's a piece of shit and they will charge you lots of money to fix their shitty design.

DO. NOT. BUY.

Once again, seems like a personal problem.

28 minutes ago, ort said:

DO. NOT. BUY.

That’s shitty that all happened to you. 

I cant fault you for your reaction, but it is a bit extreme lol. 

5 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Thanks. I might actually get that for my phones and for travel. My switch rarely goes anywhere I can’t have the charger, but I imagine for commuters who play it on the bus every day and stuff the switch’s battery life is kind of a downer. 

Depends on how long the commute is.  The Switch isn't going to die if it's an hour each way. Plus a slim power pack like that can fit inside most Switch carrying cases.

39 minutes ago, ort said:

DO. NOT. BUY.

There’s no glass in the Switch LOL

40 minutes ago, ort said:

DO. NOT. BUY.

How do you really feel?

1 hour ago, ort said:

DO. NOT. BUY.

You're ridiculous. 

You're also having issues few others have had. Sorry you had a bad experience, but you're in the minority. Maybe your kids should be more careful. 

Maybe you're kids should be more careful.

No amount of regular handling should make the joy cons become so loose that they pop right off with no resistance. Mine have done this twice. This is being fixed for free.

No amount of plugging and unplugging the charging cord should mess us the charging connector on the bottom. The little black piece of plastic came off the connector pins in the USB-C hole, and it became super fiddly and hard to charge. Months of wiggling it and messing with it in order to get it to charge resulted in those pins getting bent and that's what they are charging me $115 to fix.

Every other Nintendo system has been freaking tank. Every other piece of Nintendo hardware I own is fully functional, even decades later.

This is the first system they have created that is not capable of being handled by children. The first one.

It's great if you're an adult, I'm sure... but if you look at Nintendos game lineup you can see who their core audience is and they made a system that's unfit to be handled by their core audience.

I'm 1000% convinced the charging port thing is not our fault. They can kiss my ass over this shit. I'll never not be salty.

• Haha 2

Will it be a version that won't break when you touch it? Complaints of it bending and warping are not rare since it's target audience is children. With so many attachments like the joycons it's only a matter of time they will give way being they are the primary way to hold and control that handhold game system. The system is just cheaply made and overpriced. USB connectors in general are made to fail as they are one of the most used parts of any electronic device. They break all the time not from user error but by normal use. Not that companies intentionally made them to fail just how they are designed is not optimal. Tiny, frail metal on metal.