Tucker Carlson relaunching his show on...Twitter

Ah. 

Axios has learned that Carlson and Elon Musk had a conversation about working together, but didn't discuss specifics. 

1683454616046.png
WWW.AXIOS.COM

The ousted host "knows where a lot of bodies are buried, and is ready to start drawing a map," said a Carlson source who wasn't authorized to speak publicly.

2 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

I am curious if the brain washed masses would side with Tucker or Trump if one disowned the other and attacked them on their platform

Tucker loses that fight, unless he becomes serious about running for office (and polls well) they aren’t going to align the narrative around him.

• Halal 3

He must have worked something out with Elon, because no one makes money on Twitter right now, and even if they did it doesn't seem like a great platform for video monetization. Even if you could implement YouTube's ad platform into Twitter overnight, it's hard to imagine making much money on Twitter as it is today.

If this does happen, I imagine Tucker must be getting an exclusivity deal like Joe Rogan or something.

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

He must have worked something out with Elon, because no one makes money on Twitter right now, and even if they did it doesn't seem like a great platform for video monetization. Even if you could implement YouTube's ad platform into Twitter overnight, it's hard to imagine making much money on Twitter as it is today.

If this does happen, I imagine Tucker must be getting an exclusivity deal like Joe Rogan or something.

I think he must have an exclusivity deal. In terms of video content on the internet, YouTube is still far and away the most profitable platform.

My guess is that he took an exclusivity deal with twitter because it means his videos will ALWAYS get ads. YouTube doesn't really do that unless you're backed by a major network.

20 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

So is this in partnership with Twitter? Because that would actually make me deactivate my account. 

Musk just tweeted about Tucker, and he claims that there is no partnership.  There is a revenue sharing system for ads, but that is true for any content creators on the platform, according to Musk.

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Choosing a financially sinking Twitter with divisive political idiot Elon Musk at the helm over Newsmax or OANN is . . . a choice. 

I don't think Newsmax or OANN could even think about affording him. They don't have that kind of budget. His salary, assuming it carried over from fox, would be like a third of the revenue of Newsmax and far more than OANN makes in a year. Newsmax might do it, but it would be a massive shitfuck of a gamble.

• True 1

For those who don't know, Tucker Carlson was making $35 million a year. OANN does not have that kind of money and Newsmax... they technically do but their investors might be split on donating a third to a half of their income on the bet that Tucker Carlson will increase ad revenue given how hard it is to find advertisers to pay for shit on their platform. Advertising on Fox is one thing, advertising on Newsmax is completely different.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I don't think Newsmax or OANN could even think about affording him. They don't have that kind of budget. His salary, assuming it carried over from fox, would be like a third of the revenue of Newsmax and far more than OANN makes in a year. Newsmax might do it, but it would be a massive shitfuck of a gamble.

Agreed depending on what the deal with this on Twitter is, but I'd probably have taken something traditional, guaranteed and safe over what is at best a complete wild card choice. I mean, he's already immensely wealthy (born into an old money wealthy family and is now rich himself), I assume this is just as much about fame and career as it is about money at that level. I don't see this working out for him in terms of fame or career whereas you can continue to at least engender both on Newsmax or OANN. Hell, the amount of viewers he'd bring with him would help their own revenue streams immensely (as you mentioned), likely giving him carte blanche and a lot of power then at those organizations compared to having to deal with a Rupert Murdoch (or Elon Musk) type.

But I'm trying to be smart and game this out and I'm pretty sure Tucker Carlson is the epitome of a failson who has no morals so does the easy grift so perhaps I'm ascribing more intelligence to his decision making abilities than is fair (particularly given he's been let go from 3 previous major news networks now, which is not a good look).

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Agreed depending on what the deal with this on Twitter is, but I'd probably have taken something traditional, guaranteed and safe over what is at best a complete wild card choice. I mean, he's already immensely wealthy (born into an old money wealthy family and is now rich himself), I assume this is just as much about fame and career as it is about money at that level. I don't see this working out for him in terms of fame or career whereas you can continue to at least engender both on Newsmax or OANN. Hell, the amount of viewers he'd bring with him would help their own revenue streams immensely (as you mentioned), likely giving him carte blanche and a lot of power then at those organizations compared to having to deal with a Rupert Murdoch (or Elon Musk) type.

But I'm trying to be smart and game this out and I'm pretty sure Tucker Carlson is the epitome of a failson who has no morals so does the easy grift so perhaps I'm ascribing more intelligence to his decision making abilities than is fair (particularly given he's been let go from 2-3 previous major news networks now, which is not a good look).

It kind of feels like trying to predict whether a sociopoath is going to pick fame and influence or greed. Neither of us could ever predict what he's going to do because we're not sociopaths. If he got an exclusive deal with Twitter, that means he chose both.

• True 1

His two Twitter videos how now gotten tens of millions of views. Tucker has a huge audience, and this is an interesting way to go. It’s going to be interesting to see it launch. Tucker has a huge audience. He outperformed everyone else in primetime for years, and will continue to. He has no deal, so once his lawsuit is done he can still make a deal to go wherever he wants.

Im sure he’ll also put his clips on YouTube, Rumble,etc, making a bunch of ad revenue there as well. 

I listened to Cenk and TYT talk about it, and he’s right, if twitter pushes this in their feed, it could be really, really big. That’s something YouTube does not do with political content, so it’s hard to be seen and found unless users are specifically searching for something.

• True 1

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

His two Twitter videos how now gotten tens of millions of views. Tucker has a huge audience, and this is an interesting way to go. It’s going to be interesting to see it launch. Tucker has a huge audience. He outperformed everyone else in primetime for years, and will continue to. He has no deal, so once his lawsuit is done he can still make a deal to go wherever he wants.

Im sure he’ll also put his clips on YouTube, Rumble,etc, making a bunch of ad revenue there as well. 

I listened to Cenk and TYT talk about it, and he’s right, if twitter pushes this in their feed, it could be really, really big. That’s something YouTube does not do with political content, so it’s hard to be seen and found unless users are specifically searching for something.

Youtube does not really push political content anymore as it scares away publishers (there have been exceptions like urbanist channels). Even fairly "balanced" channels like Philip DeFranco say that something like half of their videos get demonetized and therefore not recommended (YouTube says monetization status has nothing to do with recommendation in the algorithm, but that would be fucking stupid - why on God's virgin Earth would YouTube recommend videos with no ads?)

6 hours ago, Ominous said:

Why haven't you chuds already deactivated your Twitter account? 

6 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

scratching chappelles show GIF

This and also just lack of a good alternative, though it seems like Blue Sky is gaining some momentum. I'm going to make the jump as soon as I can.

26 minutes ago, Chris- said:

This and also just lack of a good alternative, though it seems like Blue Sky is gaining some momentum. I'm going to make the jump as soon as I can.

I've made it 15 years without a twitter account and hardly anyone has accused me of being uninformed, I'm sure you can, too.

But I also didn't make a facebook account until like 2014 and only use my instagram account to browse other peoples' shit. The only social media platform I'm actually active on is reddit, because it's completely anonymous. The only time I feel okay expressing myself online is when it's anonymous. Or if it's in D1P which is a hybrid between anonymous and... what's the antonym of anonymous? Whatever it is, I like where I sit here where it's both comforobly anonymous and comfortably familiar. It's like a dive bar from Cheers.

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

If he's able to post videos without having to be beholden to ad revenue, that should scare anyone. He was literally fired for making white supremacy texts in private, and now he has no reason to keep that private anymore.

Hey man, it wasn't that private. Have you watched his show?

• True 1