Justin Roiland faces domestic violence charges.

1 minute ago, Firewithin said:

i think harmon is def a piece of shit but not in a sexual assault way.  hes just an asshole to people i think

Yeah, after posting that I went and did some research...looks like he harassed (non-sexually?) a writer on community (who has since publicly accepted his apology and says he's better now). He's like an edge lord who is a total dick. Better than a literal physical abuser...but not good. It's a shame, as his thoughts on writing are really good, especially the advice he gives to new writers.

Dan Harmon's apology for his inappropriate behavior is considered the textbook example of how it should be done. He wanted to have a relationship with one of his subordinates and his position of power over her made the situation very difficult for her. It wasn't cool at all, but on the spectrum of me too stuff it's a pretty minor offense in the grand scheme of things. (easy for me to say, I know)

Anyway, yeah, Harmon is a deeply flawed self centered narcissist. He admits it. He's a very open person. I listened to his podcast back in the day, and a lot of it was basically him hashing out all the ways he sucks publicly in front of hundreds of thousands of people.

21 minutes ago, ort said:

Anyway, yeah, Harmon is a deeply flawed self centered narcissist. He admits it. He's a very open person. I listened to his podcast back in the day, and a lot of it was basically him hashing out all the ways he sucks publicly in front of hundreds of thousands of people.

This. Not that it justifies poor behavior but he has dealt with severe depression, etc. He's very open about how fucked up a person he has been and is, which probably makes him difficult to work with. Nothing illegal as far as I know yet.

There's a thread on the forbidden site by account Holitabun with a bunch of screencaps of Roiland being a fucking creep with her when she was 16, asking if she'll be a cam girl when she's old enough, calling her / lamenting that she's jailbait. You know, super normal, awesome stuff.

• Guillotine 1

57 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

There should be a law that if you make something I like, you have to be a standup person forever. It’s only fair.

Or at least just be a piece of shit in the more normal sense. Like being a bad tipper, ghosts people to break up with them, t-bag in FPS when doing well and rage quite when not, prepares cereal milk first before cereal, checks the box for utensils in food delivery apps because all of theirs are already dirty, etc

stuff that won’t lead to jail time, even if they should.  

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Or at least just be a piece of shit in the more normal sense. Like being a bad tipper, ghosts people to break up with them, t-bag in FPS when doing well and rage quite when not, prepares cereal milk first before cereal, checks the box for utensils in food delivery apps because all of theirs are already dirty, etc

stuff that won’t lead to jail time, even if they should.  

What if you only do half of those? 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I look forward to his triumphant return in a year or so where everybody forgets that he was trolling around for sexual relationships with minors 

Screenshots can be faked for clout and other fallacies

24 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Good thing he was cancelled, right?

Nobody with power has ever been canceled. 

His response was one huge walking red flag to me. It's almost so on the nose it feels like an Onion Twitter response from 'Completely guilty person that declares innocence immediately after the court case is dropped'.

Vengeful tone, talks of being 'canceled', the 'embittered ex' feels like he knew he couldn't openly call her a 'bitch', lack of acknowledgment that this isn't about just one, lack of remorse/acknowledgement for how these events might have affected those close to him(Whether professionally or personally), the list goes on.

Mess up the grammar a bit, spell a few things wrong, and this would be indistinguishable from a tweet from a certain former president declaring himself innocent after charges had been dropped. If he had a chance to endear me to him, and truly make me feel like perhaps this was all smoke blown at us, he absolutely blew it. At minimum this feels like it only reinforced the other claims of workplace harassment and entitlement. 

• Halal 1